PDA

View Full Version : Penalty shot, yes I know another post, but I really need help

soccerdude21490
02-14-2007, 01:24 PM
hey everyone, well I'm trying to get all these points for the Xbox Challange, and I've read through multiple posts on this forum... but Idont' know what I'm doing wrong... Im 2 man down and I'll skate to the other end and hold down X and either get a faceoff, or its considered a steal for them. I have my skills all up, and their skills all the way down... what else can I do?

DJ Psyanyde
02-14-2007, 01:39 PM
have a friend play the second controller is the easiest way to do this

soccerdude21490
02-15-2007, 03:50 AM
Hey everyone. well I ahve a friend here now as well, and we still can't get the thing working! Whast the easiest way to get a break away? I haev penalties all the way up... Human players skills all the way up.. CPU all the way down... and whenever Iget hit there is like no call!

We got a penalty shot 2 times, but I missed both times... isn't there a way for the 2nd player to control the golie? how do u do that?

CC99999
02-15-2007, 03:54 AM
I don't know either, dude. That game has been kicking me in the nuts for months now.

BACKDRAFT11
02-15-2007, 04:19 AM
Okay, I got this achievement last night. It was the only thing I was focusing on, and it took me about fifteen minutes. Here's what you do:

1. Play against Denmark (I've heard they have the worst goalie in the game, which means an easy penalty shot).

2. Create just a plain custom game, and use these settings.

a. All-Star Difficulty (won't be able to get the achievement without it).

b. Turn all sliders down for CPU, up for you.

c. Turn all penalties sliders up.

d. Set penalties to real time (I'll explain this later).

e. Make the periods long, and do anything else you want, just don't make it too hard on yourself.

3. Now it's time to play. Go put two of your players in the box, preferrably by taking the puck down passing it behind the goalie, and just taking the goalie out. That will give you an interference penalty as soon as your team gets the puck back. Do this twice, hopefully without too much time in between, so you have more time down two men. NOTE: You can get a penalty any way you want, as long as you put two of your own men in the box. I recommend interference for it's the quickest and easy to do.

4. Now your down two, right? Good. Now take your Center (you'll most likely have two defenders and a center when down 2 men), get a breakaway, and hold X when it's between you and the goalie. This will sound stupid, but it works: Just hope to get fouled. To obtain a penalty shot, you must be fouled while taking a shot to get one. This isn't the easiest thing to do. Here's what I recommend:

a. Just get a breakaway, hold X and try to have two defenders near you. It best works when two down, and it doesn't matter whether it's the defender or the center, but the other team will most likely foul the center for he's usually a better shooter.

b. Try to cross the net. This means when you get a breakaway, head towards the right side of the net when you hit the blue-line (the beginning of the offensive zone), start crossing towards the left (slowly, not too fast and towards the net), and hold X. For some reason this worked better, but when I tried getting penalty shots, crossing the net seemed to encourage the defenders more to foul me. :)

5. Got the penalty shot? It will take a few tries, but I was able to be awarded three penalty the shots over the course of about 15 minutes real time . . . JUST BE PATIENT! Now, if you have the penalty shot, just make it. You don't have to finish the game, the achievement should unlock as soon as you make the shot!

Hooray! Hope this helps! :woop:

Crash
02-15-2007, 02:48 PM
There is a really easy way if you have 4 controllers:

Put yourself (controller #1) on one team and the other 3 controllers on the other. Play as one of the three other controllers and get some penaltys. After a couple there should only be the three controlled players left on that team.

At the faceoff skate 2 of those three players to your goalie and leave the last one at mid-ice. Now take your controller (#1) and skate up near their goalie. Now go back to the player you left at mid-ice and skate up to your primary player and hit boost (R-Trigger) and up on the Right Stick to do a power hit. 90% of the time you will get a Penalty shot called.

Now comes the really easy part. As the Penalty Shot starts, click the Right Stick with one of the three controllers to take control of the goalie and move him to the far right. Now skate up with controller #1 and make your goal. Achievement Unlocked.

I can confirm that this works as I did it just a couple days ago and it took less than 3 minutes to accomplish.

Good luck.

soccerdude21490
02-15-2007, 02:48 PM
IDk what i'm doing wrnog still, I followed what you said... but I guess maybe i'm nto getting break aways? because I go down and get ready to shoot and then they come and just shove me and they don't call anything (I'm holding X)

Crash, I even have a friend here, and we got him to be 2 man down (so that ther is only 3 players on his team) and skated them down behind my goalie.. and so I ahd a huge break away..and while I was in mid shot he came and hit me... and still not penalty?

CC99999
02-15-2007, 06:37 PM
CRASH-

I just did what you said and it definitely worked.

THANKS!

Smokez
02-16-2007, 03:31 AM
This sucks for me Bc the PC wont ever Foul me and when they do its not a shot. But i wish i had more than 1 Controller so i dont have to spend alot of time on this game

BACKDRAFT11
02-16-2007, 03:34 AM
This sucks for me Bc the PC wont ever Foul me and when they do its not a shot. But i wish i had more than 1 Controller so i dont have to spend alot of time on this game
Don't worry, your CPUs have the right idea. Once again, you just really need to be patient. They foul you every once in a while. It gets to be a pain, but you'll start to see a pattern of how to get fouled.

The Pants Party
02-16-2007, 06:21 AM
For Valentine's Day, my wife smashed into me so I could get a penalty shot and do this achievement. Man I love her.

Bobbafet
05-10-2007, 10:40 AM
Okay, I got this achievement last night. It was the only thing I was focusing on, and it took me about fifteen minutes. Here's what you do:

1. Play against Denmark (I've heard they have the worst goalie in the game, which means an easy penalty shot).

2. Create just a plain custom game, and use these settings.

a. All-Star Difficulty (won't be able to get the achievement without it).

b. Turn all sliders down for CPU, up for you.

c. Turn all penalties sliders up.

d. Set penalties to real time (I'll explain this later).

e. Make the periods long, and do anything else you want, just don't make it too hard on yourself.

3. Now it's time to play. Go put two of your players in the box, preferrably by taking the puck down passing it behind the goalie, and just taking the goalie out. That will give you an interference penalty as soon as your team gets the puck back. Do this twice, hopefully without too much time in between, so you have more time down two men. NOTE: You can get a penalty any way you want, as long as you put two of your own men in the box. I recommend interference for it's the quickest and easy to do.

4. Now your down two, right? Good. Now take your Center (you'll most likely have two defenders and a center when down 2 men), get a breakaway, and hold X when it's between you and the goalie. This will sound stupid, but it works: Just hope to get fouled. To obtain a penalty shot, you must be fouled while taking a shot to get one. This isn't the easiest thing to do. Here's what I recommend:

a. Just get a breakaway, hold X and try to have two defenders near you. It best works when two down, and it doesn't matter whether it's the defender or the center, but the other team will most likely foul the center for he's usually a better shooter.

b. Try to cross the net. This means when you get a breakaway, head towards the right side of the net when you hit the blue-line (the beginning of the offensive zone), start crossing towards the left (slowly, not too fast and towards the net), and hold X. For some reason this worked better, but when I tried getting penalty shots, crossing the net seemed to encourage the defenders more to foul me. :)

5. Got the penalty shot? It will take a few tries, but I was able to be awarded three penalty the shots over the course of about 15 minutes real time . . . JUST BE PATIENT! Now, if you have the penalty shot, just make it. You don't have to finish the game, the achievement should unlock as soon as you make the shot!

Hooray! Hope this helps! :woop:

Ok, Im a Brit (Limey) and frankly I dont know jack about Hockey... Plus this is my 1st post but BELIEVE me when I say I have been using this forum for a long time as a non member.

I was having HUGE trouble (3 weeks being unsucessful) in doing the penalty shot achievement... untill I read the most important part in the above post.

b. Try to cross the net. Again, please believe me when I say Ive been trying to get this achievement for 3 weeks plus... & I was using all kinds of methods, using my feet... second controller...penalty sliders down... up... friends...you name it I tried it. I was beginning to think that it was impossible to get this achievement solo... but it isnt it IS possible.
So... I followed the instructions to the letter above... All Human sliders up.... All CPU Sliders Down... ALL PENALTYS SLIDERS UP, PENALTY SHOT SLIDER UP.

Now... Use the method where you get 2 men sent into the sin bin for 2 mins... meaning you will have 3 men on to thwe CPU 5 or 4 if they have committed a foul.

Then follow the above instructions TO THE LETTER... Meaning: Get a hold of the puck... go BEHIND your own goal... if you are 2 men down, the opposition will CHASE the puck drawing thier defensive line way up the ice.

Then using the skate boost (RT) skate REALLY fast & break through thier defensive line to create a BREAKAWAY... meaning that its your guy with the puck against the goalie... with NOONE else in front or to the side of you.

When you are doing this... as soon as you see the SECOND BLUE LINE on the ice press & hold X & drift using your momentum from RIGHT to LEFT on the ice... this is THE MOST IMPORTANT PART... make sure you DRIFT RIGHT TO LEFT & I guarantee you will get the penalty shot foul. For some reason this encourages the CPU to Hook or Slash you on the breakaway which resuts in a penalty shot.

Now.. I dont mean skate left to right.. & definately DO NOT drift north to south, if you do drift north to south the CPU will just charge you & get a delayed penalty... which you dont want & was happening to me for weeks.

Just keep X pressed down & make sure you are drifting RIGHT TO LEFT...

After following these instructions... I got a penalty shot with in 6 mins of the 1st period... & MISSED it!!! Mainly because I was sooooo excited that I had FINALLY got the Penalty Shot. However 2 mins 22secs later I used the exact same technique & got another shot.

I scored my penalty shot by doing this:

Skate slowly... or... responsibly... with the puck.. right to left & aim a slap shot, HOLDING X DOWN, into the opposite corner of the net. BINGO 250 POINTS & me dancing round the room like a school kid.

Best of Luck :woop:

SteelerXBox360
05-10-2007, 03:51 PM
Alright, you have given me new hope. I will give this a try and reply back with the results. If I somehow get this, Bobbafet, I will be dancing around the room myself ;)

nelsonscolumn
05-19-2007, 08:55 PM
Am i the only person in the world who did this legit - if your doing it with other people get them to use the right analog stick to hit you - this will normally give away a hooking or slashing penalty and if they do this on the breakaway then you will get a penalty shot no questions...

As for advice on scoring them - start slow slightly to one side of the net and then as you get close hit the skate faster and pull across the net and the keeper will slide his stick out and miss giving you an open net. Try and go stick side on the keeper as they are not as good saving it as they are with their gloves

The other way if your good enough is to deke backhand - forehand - backhand and then shoot high into the net

TMANEDD
05-22-2007, 01:13 PM
Just did these 5 achievements in 5 minutes.

For the penalty just increased the penalty call sliders, then be patient and the computer will bring you down. With a decent offence player you should score one of your pen's. Achievement Unlocked.

TartanSpartan17
06-08-2007, 12:26 AM
Im Scottish and i dont have a clue about ice hockey, the rules and terminologies of the sport. So im stumped with this achievement. Is a delayed penalty the same as a penalty??? Do u have to shoot straight away or pass the puck??? please help.

nawtbird
06-29-2007, 02:59 PM
to recieve a penalty shot you have to be on a breakaway and the opposing team has to trip you(or interfere)