PDA

View Full Version : Gun Colour Ratings

MASS DOMINATION
10-21-2009, 11:38 AM
i heard a while back that the guns colours a like a ranking system. Example, brown=low, purple=high). i have no idea what the order is and was wondering if someone could post a list of the "colour to value" scale.

You S4W Nothing
10-21-2009, 11:47 AM
The color scale from lowest to highest is..
white green blue purple orange

cleric_80
10-21-2009, 12:19 PM
I had a shotgun go from red/orange to green... I didn;t realize they changed colors so I spent an hour combing the area I was in to see if I dropped my shotty :/

Chipps
10-21-2009, 12:21 PM
Just to clarify its the Text color, not the actual gun color itself that determines rating, and it follows the World of Warcraft and other RPG color scheme:

White: Common
Green: Uncommon
Blue: Rare
Purple: Epic (In Borderlands case it seems this is reserved for Unique guns like boss drops and quest turn ins, but I could be wrong.)
Orange: Extremely Rare (Haven't found one in Borderlands yet but I'm only like 27 levels in :P)

Chipps
10-21-2009, 12:24 PM
Also they don't change colors.

jwmc1971
10-21-2009, 12:29 PM
i found one smg last night that was orange . the text actually looks yellow . anyway it is a beast . not high dmg but 4xfire rating . i beat the Baron with it . it puts down adult skags with 2 bullets .

correction , the gun was a yellow lvl gun . didnt know they had them . i have 2 orange lvl ones . havent found anymore . i did find 2 alien missile launchers in the same day though .

neok182
10-21-2009, 01:15 PM
my 2 cents.

White: Common

Green: Uncommon

Blue: Rare | Most boss drops and quest weapons i've found were blue

Purple: Epic | couple boss weapons. I'm running 4 purple weapons. 2 that i found and 2 that popped up in the store on sale. I also have a purple shield that gives me 122 and super quick health regeneration.

Orange: Extremely Rare | i don't have one, but the gun shop put on on sale last night. Sniper with like 250 damage. $500,000. obviously couldn't afford it lol.

Spawn 0f Hell
10-21-2009, 03:45 PM
The old system before the art change is still in effect right? Like a black gun will have high rate of fire and low accuracy / a silver gun will have epic critical hits but slow reload?

Remnryme
10-21-2009, 06:22 PM
Actually I think it's the weapon manufacturers that constitute the weapons attributes like rate of fire, reload speed etc..

Hoaxs
10-21-2009, 06:40 PM
Also a bonus note, coloured text in the descriptions mean things too.

Red means a hidden damage effect. For example: The Elephant gun you get from killing Skagzilla, does more damage to creatues than humans. ;)

Macho M.
10-21-2009, 06:59 PM
A very good note about red, thanks a lot. Still, how should we know what that means?

(past weaps)
"I want to break this thing"
"Amor omnia vincit"

(yellows I currently have)
"We don't need no water" (fire element weapon)
"Give sick" (acid element)
"Pele (Pete?) demands a sacrifice" (sniper with fire element)
"Hallelujah" (SMG, no element)

Could someone explain me these?

I've farmed the New Haven chests (all 4) so my equipment is all purple ATM except for weapons, all yellow/orange. Took me less than an hour to get all cool equip for 25 lvl.

Hoaxs
10-21-2009, 07:10 PM
I don't know for those ones, but the Alien Laucher is binary and it translates to OMG. :confused:

Santaslave
10-21-2009, 09:16 PM
I found one relatively early into the game, I was about level 8 and I didn't realize that orange was more rare than purple.. Oh well..

neok182
10-21-2009, 09:18 PM
Sometimes I forget to reload -- infinite ammo

only one i know of. Saw it in a couple vids on youtube