PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else finding this game hard?

Derrock
10-22-2009, 07:36 AM
I don't know if its just me or what, I just started playing today for about 2 hours and I'm already having difficulties killing enemies. It seems everything I run into (skags/bandits) they are a higher level than me. I've only reached level 7 and I'm playing as Lilith. If anybody have tips or advice that would help me that would be great. Any bit of info helps, thanks! :)

Rabbit
10-22-2009, 07:47 AM
Well I'm playing as the bad ass Lilith myself and I'm lvl 27. But when i first started the game i worked on upgrading my shield skill(forgot the name), and then got me a really nice shield. I'm lvl 27 and I'm killing lvl 29 humans, but just spend your skill points wisely and get a nice shield and get good guns. Its a RPG do side quests and explore everything before you work on the main story missions.

captain host
10-22-2009, 08:07 AM
Check shop often for item since they reset every 20 min(found a legedary weapon like this), open everything you find and like Rabbit said,spend your skill points wisely.Also dont go rambo in a pack of mob they will tear you apart.Keep in mind that you can phasewalk for offensive purpose but it can also help you to run away from a dangerous situation.

Rabbit
10-22-2009, 08:22 AM
I love Lilith so much. I might even change my gamertag to Dj Lilith :woop:

InFaDeLiTy
10-22-2009, 08:37 AM
Games good, I love it but I dont like how if you lvl 10 then lvl 8-9 are easy kills but 11-12 are insanely hard to kill.
Even then you might kill 11-12's quick but they eat your shield and health so damn quickly.

Just a odd way to do it

Macho M.
10-22-2009, 09:42 AM
All I can say is that your equipment sucks if the game is hard for you.

Try driving around badlands till you find a rather lonely house near the road with like 2-3 enemies, drive them over. Go downstairs, kill two midgets, take the chest. If you find only crap, right next to that chest are 2 machines for selling/buying items. In case you have a hard time looking for this place, those machines should be marked on the map. Farm it every time you load the game.

There are more farmable weapon chests, but I can't remember for which level they drop weapons... one of easily farmable chests in the middle of the camp where the doc sends you to do your first mission... but it tends to drop 4-8 lvl crap. Find it, use it and abuse it. You could still get something cool.

Anyway... with good equipment this game is easier.... don't give up. You'll get your super weapon... When I got a purple rev for lvl 14, I OHKOed all non-boss stuff till level 24...

Rabbit
10-22-2009, 10:36 AM
Games good, I love it but I dont like how if you lvl 10 then lvl 8-9 are easy kills but 11-12 are insanely hard to kill.
Even then you might kill 11-12's quick but they eat your shield and health so damn quickly.

Just a odd way to do it

Well thats just because your equipment sucks, because I'm lvl 27 and i can kill lvl 29 humans with 6 shots to head with my smg. Here is my equipment.

SPA11 Terrible Shotgun
damage: 66 x9

GGN390 Solid sniper
Damage: 297

DL11 bloody Justice(Revolver)
Damage:256

KKA Violent Thumper(SMG)
Damage:75

With a shield capacity of 300 and recharge rate of 81 with fast recharge. My class mod also gives +44% SMG damage, plus my SMG is 10 proficiency giving it another +9% damage and +24% reload speed. That bitch can reload in 0.5 i swear, and my shotgun is at 8 proficiency, and if you add my skills in then yeah lol. I have a lot more better stuff, I'm just using these at the moment. But i only have 490 Health and 390 shields.

Derrock
10-22-2009, 02:22 PM
Cool, Thanks everybody! I guess I'll just be patient and look around. I was just surprised by how quickly the enemies got so hard. =P
But my equipment is most likely the issue. I also haven't really used my skill points yet, I'm just not sure what to use them in after phasewalk. any suggestions? (someone said the shield upgrade is good)

Rabbit
10-22-2009, 02:38 PM
Cool, Thanks everybody! I guess I'll just be patient and look around. I was just surprised by how quickly the enemies got so hard. =P
But my equipment is most likely the issue. I also haven't really used my skill points yet, I'm just not sure what to use them in after phasewalk. any suggestions? (someone said the shield upgrade is good)

The shield upgrade is what i did first