PDA

View Full Version : Easy way to get Gentleman

Ace Attorney 86
10-22-2009, 06:25 PM
This annoying achievement has been speculated about on another thread, but figured I would start a new one, as I think I’ve found a surefire easy way to get this one with only following the rules for the achievement at the very last part of the stage. My friend and I used the same method on 2 different x-boxes and it worked each time.

First off, play through the level however you like. Hit the dominatrixes (woohoo!) all you want until you get to the last part of Chapter 3 - the roof of the bordello. As soon as you come outside from the attic Lady Twilight will sic some more dominatrixes after you. You can beat them up however you please too. You will get a save point after you beat this group of enemies. After the saving icon disappears from the top of the screen, back out to your dashboard and turn off your 360 for good measure. This will trick the game into thinking you have not hit any ladies before they hit you as per the achievement requirement.

FROM THIS POINT ON YOU WILL HAVE TO FOLLOW THE RULES OF THE ACHIEVEMENT.

Next up will be a group of fat gimps. Beat them up normally. Then you will climb a ladder to take on some more dominatrixes. Do not hit this group before they hit you. Let your AI or human partner do all the work for you while you either block or dodge. If you accidently hit a lady before they hit you, quit out to your dashboard and reset the 360 again. This will put you back before the gimps again. The game will save again when you go up the next ladder.

Lady Twilight is the boss of the episode. Since she is a woman so the achievement criteria also applies to her. Let her hit you before you attack her. She does not have to do her counterattack where it plays a scene of her shocking you with her riding crop thingie. Just a normal attack will do. Beat her and the achievement should unlock.

Posting this made me wonder how the plural of dominatrix is properlly spelled. Suprisingly, Websters Dictionary is no help. :(

VirusDave 138
10-24-2009, 12:41 PM
Works fine!

Ace Attorney 86
10-25-2009, 10:50 PM
Glad to be of service. :) That achievement is annoying and no fun to try to do the way it's intended. The dominatrixes have a bad habbit of jumping in front of you and getting smacked when you're whaling on one of their friends.

JohnTheGamer
02-16-2010, 12:53 AM
Just a heads up to anyone trying this with the disc based compilation version: this strategy didn't work for me. When I turned off my 360, I was never given the option to continue from a checkpoint and the game didn't start off from that checkpoint.

However I could of messed it up as well.

Its Fooga
04-10-2010, 05:00 AM
Just a heads up to anyone trying this with the disc based compilation version: this strategy didn't work for me. When I turned off my 360, I was never given the option to continue from a checkpoint and the game didn't start off from that checkpoint.

I can confirm this works on the DISC VERSION. I exited to the dash as the OP stated, and then just played by the rules (I let the girls hit me before I hit them). I even died once and started from the checkpoint and it didn't void it. I also let Twilight Lady hit me first just to be safe.

synjin savant2
05-17-2010, 07:44 AM
How do you get it to restart at a checkpoint? After I rebooted, I only saw the option for Chapter III and when I chose it, the level restarted,

towelie07
11-06-2010, 12:38 AM
How do you get it to restart at a checkpoint? After I rebooted, I only saw the option for Chapter III and when I chose it, the level restarted,

Same thing happened to me. This doesn't work with the disc version, apparently.

Hoffnungstod
01-05-2011, 06:38 PM

I can also confirm this method worked just fine on the disc version of the game. No problem at all.

scoobymad
01-20-2011, 12:58 AM
I also have the disk version and can also confirm the above works

However .. I did the fight when you come out the loft normal kicking anyone's arse .. I went up the ladder and down another and this is when I got my save point .. not tested but I believe you can play right up 2 the end boss then quit out 2 dashboard .. load the game up and it started me off at the last checkpoint

montrossity
02-26-2011, 01:58 AM
I rented the disk version and this works great.

munta2go
09-16-2011, 07:05 AM
Confirmed that this works fine on the rented disc version. Got it with your help. Thanks Ace Attorney 86.

Ace Attorney 86
10-02-2011, 09:05 PM
Glad it helped! Just for the record I did this trick with the disk verison as well. Good luck everyone.

TRICKY1976
12-12-2011, 10:58 PM
Someone posted this way on TA

So if you already beat the game with both characters you will have to go into ur memory and clear your checkpoint file off your memory, This will in turn let you check point again on a level bad news is you gotta play through the first 2 levels to get this to work. So when you get again to the 3rd level (or start it).

play through the level like normal you can hit anyone included the ladies before they hit you until you get onto the roof. At this point you will fight roughly 10 ladies and 3 big guys. You can fight them anyway you want. At this point you will climb a ladder and see 2 more ladies kill them anyway you like and go down the next ladder. You should see the saving icon on the top of the screen after this goes away turn off your 360 off (I tried once going to dashboard and I failed but may have messed up). This will trick the game into thinking you have not hit any ladies before they hit you as per the achievement requirement.

From there you have one area with 5 ladies follow the requirement at this area and I am not sure if Twlight lady counts for this for good measure let her hit you.

Extra note: I tried this on coop holding back when we got to the end and my friend ran up and beat the 5 ladies without me touching one of them and it didnt unlock so not sure if I had to kill one for it to count or if it was that coop both of us had to follow the requirement.

Mike P
08-26-2012, 10:47 PM
Just to add to the confirmations, the OP's method does in fact work with the disc version just fine. :)