PDA

View Full Version : Best PVP Class?

LukeWnek
10-22-2009, 07:24 PM
Im looking to see the opinions of others on which class is the best for PVP.

Please give logical reasons on why you believe that class to be the best for pvp.

In my opinion I think the sniper (if upgraded correctly) is the best pvp class because:

1. 100% Chance to disregard shield
2. Automatic Crits with headshots
3. Bloodwing to finish off the opposition

With Long range weapons that give automatic crits to headshots with disregard shield, what more could you ask for ^_^. Also it does apply to other weapons too.

Add a sweet orange pistol with x4 Fire and high rate of fire and clip size for close range and I believe your set ^_^

NO FLAMING.

This is to help others when they decide to build a character for pvping.

Dahaka
10-22-2009, 07:42 PM
Someone, like me, should really point out that this isn't, and probably never will be, a PvP type game. It isn't an MMO, so it's unlikely any depth to the PvP functionality will ever be added. And it isn't there now, besides a "for laughs" Arena and Dual system.

So, without going right out and telling you this is a terrible idea and completely unnecessary... well, this is a terrible idea and more or less unnecessary.

Again, emphasis on the fact that every last bit of the PvP currently in the game is tacked on, more or less "for laughs" - and isn't at all worth serious thought.

Narbo
10-22-2009, 08:05 PM
No doubt PvP is obviously not balanced at all.

I doubt Mord will be the most OP for duels. More like Lilith or Brick depending on which special ability + related skills can be abused more.

LukeWnek
10-22-2009, 08:29 PM
Someone, like me, should really point out that this isn't, and probably never will be, a PvP type game. It isn't an MMO, so it's unlikely any depth to the PvP functionality will ever be added. And it isn't there now, besides a "for laughs" Arena and Dual system.

So, without going right out and telling you this is a terrible idea and completely unnecessary... well, this is a terrible idea and more or less unnecessary.

Again, emphasis on the fact that every last bit of the PvP currently in the game is tacked on, more or less "for laughs" - and isn't at all worth serious thought.

How so, I find pvp in this game fun, interesting and balanced for the most part as long as your the same level as someone else.

And to the other guys post, Mord doesnt need to skill spam, all the passive abilities are just amazing.

xhunterrrr
10-22-2009, 08:45 PM
I've played in the Arena. This game is nowhere near PvP oriented. We just accidentally wandered into an Arena and blew each other up. So there is no best PvP class because the PvP in this game is for messing around/having a bit of side-tracked fun. Nothing like WoW PvP.

LukeWnek
10-22-2009, 08:46 PM
WoW pvp is gay, whatever I still find the pvp in this game fun.

Sporty Flea
10-22-2009, 08:54 PM

That is quite the argument there "WoW pvp is gay"

I'm impressed by the thought put into that, along with you associating gay with bad.

Good job on all accounts.

And for some reason I will answer you, Mord/soldier are the weakest for pvp, lilith/brick are strongest.

A generalization that I'm sure people can find exceptions to, and I'm sure people will.

Dr Popodopolus
10-22-2009, 09:20 PM

Mmmmmm big vocabulary you have young child.

captain host
10-22-2009, 09:22 PM
There is no way you can lose whit a hunter specced for bloodwing dmg.
My brother play brick, hes level 44 right now whit 1200 shield and 1600 healt and i one shot him .Bloodwing hit for like 5000 dmg, they need a little balance in pvp :confused:

edit: i fought vs every class and they all get one shot.

Dahaka
10-22-2009, 09:52 PM
did i completely forget to mention in my earlier post that there, quite simply, is no PvP in this game. Absolutely none.

The Arena and Duel systems are probably strictly for fun. If they had a full matchmaking system, pre-made pvp only characters, and more than a handful of maps (and one game type) I might consider there to be PvP. That, or possibly if the PvP rewarded you with anything outside of some achievement points for one-time participation.

Seriously.

There is no PvP in Borderlands, and there doesn't need to be.

LukeWnek
10-22-2009, 10:54 PM
hmm In that dueling and arena, are the two players going against each other in combat?

I think that makes it PvP. Get over it you said it 3 times no one cares anymore if you dont like it gtfo from this thread and let those who do like "DUELING" and using the arena discuss.

About the guy who mentioned bloodwing, havent tried it yet, been working on sniper/gunslinger modd. Was going to test it once i get higher up.

Oh and about WoW PvP being gay, sorry I meant WoW in general is gay. Sorry. That game is just stupid and why bring it up when were talking about Borderlands.

MLG=Most Likely Gay
10-23-2009, 02:15 PM
Siren is my favorite but to be honest it all boils down to who is the better player alot of the time.

The hunter bloodwing is just evil, but whenever they unleash it I can just phasewalk and hug the enemy. Bloodwing cant find me, I dont take damage, I deal massive damage as well as Damage over time, and when im done i have my alien cannon shove up your pooper firing. :woop:

The duels and matches are usually done before my friends even realize it started.

captain host
10-23-2009, 02:32 PM
Siren is my favorite but to be honest it all boils down to who is the better player alot of the time.

The hunter bloodwing is just evil, but whenever they unleash it I can just phasewalk and hug the enemy. Bloodwing cant find me, I dont take damage, I deal massive damage as well as Damage over time, and when im done i have my alien cannon shove up your pooper firing. :woop:

The duels and matches are usually done before my friends even realize it started. When you get out of phasewalk, you die, i got a friend who play siren and its alway the same thing, 1 shoot down, unless you can survive a 5k autoaim hit :p

Jethrotroll
10-23-2009, 03:13 PM
hmm In that dueling and arena, are the two players going against each other in combat?

I think that makes it PvP. Get over it you said it 3 times no one cares anymore if you dont like it gtfo from this thread and let those who do like "DUELING" and using the arena discuss.

About the guy who mentioned bloodwing, havent tried it yet, been working on sniper/gunslinger modd. Was going to test it once i get higher up.

Oh and about WoW PvP being gay, sorry I meant WoW in general is gay. Sorry. That game is just stupid and why bring it up when were talking about Borderlands.

Why is it if a game is popular there's the extreme likers and haters. Seriously. It's the same way for PS3 and Xbox 360. If you don't like it, fine, but don't start dissing a game that you don't like.

Anyway, back on topic, I haven't really tried the Arena yet, but it seems like Berserker would be good because his action skill is quite nice the way I have it specced. My health and shield are constantly going up pretty fast, and the only time I've ever died with it was up against like 6 or so Badasses. But I'm not too sure about how it would wage against other people.

Cloak
10-23-2009, 08:11 PM
it's easily between Siren/Brick. Siren can turn invisible (and dpending on where you arein the story) kill oyu instantly from behind with sledge's shotgun. Brick can also heal and destroy with his special ability.

so it depends really.

LukeWnek
10-23-2009, 09:48 PM
Why is it if a game is popular there's the extreme likers and haters. Seriously. It's the same way for PS3 and Xbox 360. If you don't like it, fine, but don't start dissing a game that you don't like.

Anyway, back on topic, I haven't really tried the Arena yet, but it seems like Berserker would be good because his action skill is quite nice the way I have it specced. My health and shield are constantly going up pretty fast, and the only time I've ever died with it was up against like 6 or so Badasses. But I'm not too sure about how it would wage against other people.

Thing is, I dont diss a game without trying it, I tried WoW, I didnt like it, anyway end of story no more WoW in this BORDERLANDS thread.

Anyway your health maybe high but your shields dont count for anything against a hunter ^_^

Tepi
10-24-2009, 01:12 PM
I am going to back up the guy whom said there is no pvp in borderlands, it was simply put in as a fun aspect nothing serious. I believe there should be some pvp but currently not so much.

As for the fun aspect and at level 50 it depends on if it's a duel or if its arena. In a duel any class can win, there is a rocket launcher that does 1000dam a hit and shoots 5 rockets instantly.. It's a one shot kill regardless of the person and will kill you faster then you can hit RB and your bird hits the person.

Smithaveli
10-24-2009, 03:25 PM
Its the Siren hands down.. Phasewalk behind the hunter, 800% melee, plus whatever element your explosion will do, and a shotgun to the back of the head. If your competent enough, the siren will never lose. Especially in Arenas because the bloodwing normally ends up flying into a wall repeatedly and getting stuck.

captain host
10-24-2009, 04:11 PM
Its the Siren hands down.. Phasewalk behind the hunter, 800% melee, plus whatever element your explosion will do, and a shotgun to the back of the head. If your competent enough, the siren will never lose. Especially in Arenas because the bloodwing normally ends up flying into a wall repeatedly and getting stuck. the 800% dosent work right now i think they are supose to fix it in next patch.

As for the fun aspect and at level 50 it depends on if it's a duel or if its arena. In a duel any class can win, there is a rocket launcher that does 1000dam a hit and shoots 5 rockets instantly.. It's a one shot kill regardless of the person and will kill you faster then you can hit RB and your bird hits the person. .Bird is auto aim and never miss.im sure this thread is about what class is better and not what gun is better.I gave my brother(he play brick specced for explosin dmg) a level 48 legendary bazooka that deal 2200 dmg and shoot 4 rockets at the same time but he still get to miss a shot and my bird is still an autoaim attack :p