PDA

View Full Version : Evolution

BloodGodAlucard
10-22-2009, 07:55 PM
Hey guys, I was just wondering if the Bakugan will be able to evolve like they do in the show. For example, if I start out with Hydranoid, can I evolve him into Dual Hydranoid, and Alpha Hydranoid thereafter?

BloodGodAlucard
10-23-2009, 12:47 AM
Man this board is dead! I could understand it when the game wasn't out yet, but come on. Surely some people must be playing this. Oh well, I thought I would answer my original question so that people who read this later will know. You can get the evolution Bakugan. (The main 6 from the show). You have to battle that Bakugan's owner in the Park and beat them to unlock it. You have to beat them consecutive times to unlock the next stages of evolution. Then you must buy the Bakugan from the store in the game. Hope this helps anyone who is curious about this. I would like to point out that this information was given to me by some other players on the Gamespot messages boards. So any inaccuracies are not my fault, as I haven't been able to play the game yet.

ChowderlyDude
10-23-2009, 09:37 AM
I still haven't received it from gamefly but I was wondering how hard the top world ranking achieves were? are they sp or mp or crazy to get?

BloodGodAlucard
10-23-2009, 03:25 PM
Well like I said, I haven't actually gotten to play the game yet. So all of the information I have is from other players. But from what I understand, all of the tournaments are in the single player game. In fact, all of the achievements can be obtained in single player. There are no exclusive multiplayer achivements in this game. Though I'm pretty sure you can boost a couple of the more difficult ones in multiplayer. For example, if you're having difficulty winning the ten gate cards in a row or stuff like that, you can probably get someone to use a weak Bakugan online to help you out.

TheSmokey
10-23-2009, 05:31 PM
Played a little with my son last night. From what I can tell, you can get every achievement with patience and a second controller playing locally. He unlocked two achievements playing against me (special shot and winning five in a row of one type of mini-game).

It certainly looks like you could start a two player game and have yourself play both sides and quickly unlock several achievements (winning battles with special shots, winning x battles in a row, etc).

The guide to this game would probably look something like this: Start a Story, win all the tournaments, buy everything in the store. Plug in a second controller and get any of the "harder" achievements, like winning 5 Level 3 (whatever) battles in a row. Cause these seem like the only tough ones. With the second controller sitting dormant, you can't lose any battles, so there you go.

Other than the full Story mode, the Play As Every Character in Battle Arena achievement could take a little while; couple of hours maybe.

this game reminds me a lot of Viva Pinata. Very straight forward game play, with a lot of underlying strategy if you decide to go deep, and a touch of "gotta have them all" mixed in there too.

EDIT: As for the ranking, it's single player. And it doesn't seem too difficult to get, to be honest. Time consuming yes. For each battle you participate in, you get points; yes, even losses from what I've seen. You get like 150 points for every Bakugan you capture from your opponent, you get 300 for each gatecard you won, etc etc. At the end of each battle these points get added to your points total. You also get points to spend at the store; there you can buy new Bakugan, new cards, or upgrade your current Bakugan. Buy more G power, more speed, more defense, more steering power, etc. I can look up the stats if need be. Of course, if you win, you get more points.

The Tag team tournament matches in Story mode I _think_ have to be played with the CPU as a partner. I don't think another human can hop in.

EDIT 2: Battles are much like they are on the show. Once two opposing Bakugan land on a card, they fight, each getting a bonus (or not) depending on the gatecard. You can boost your Bakugans G Power before the fight by steering your bakugan around the course, gaining G Power upgrades, special ability cards, etc. I digress. So then the battle starts. Gatecard opens, some animation. Then you can play Ability cards to boost your G Power more. This is hit or miss, and I don't really understand the mechanics behind it. The CPU always seems to be able to play cards, but my son (and myself when we Tag teamed) got "locked out" from playing any of our ability cards. Anyway, so you play your ability cards and finally fight. In the show at this point, whoever had the highest G Power wins. Not so here. Now you play a mini game to boost (or drop) your G Power. If the Gate card is Gold, it's a Shooting minigame, if it's Silver, it's a timing minigame and if it's Bronze, it's a Power minigame. The mechanics are irrelevant. As you play the minigames, you (and the CPU) gain power as you do correct things (shooting the correct symbol) or lose G Power for screwing up (shooting the wrong symbol).

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. My son, through casual play of maybe 5 hours has unlocked about 15 achievements; he is ranked 428 with 36,540 points. Masquerade is 1st place with 116,500 (my son has lost a few matches too, so your mileage may vary a lot here; also just noted; he won a battle and got just over 2100 points, in the standings, Masquerade has also gone up about 1500, so as you play so do the others I guess). He's also bought all the Pyrus bakugan from the store. Oh, yeah, you choose your colour at the beginning of the single player game, but (I think) you can buy and play any colour you want.

Al

BloodGodAlucard
10-23-2009, 05:35 PM
Very true. A wise observation indeed. I think this game is exactly like that, in that, it can be enjoyed by gamers of all ages. It has simple concepts that kids can understand and have a lot of fun with. And it also has the capability to go more indepth and strategic if you're a more experienced gamer.

BloodGodAlucard
10-23-2009, 06:36 PM
Thanks for the information. I appreciate it.

TheSmokey
10-23-2009, 07:05 PM
No problem. Another observation. Son just got to the tag team tournament. The difficulty is automatically set at Normal. He has been playing on Easy. He got crushed. Dan, auto picked as his partner, is useless. He makes the exact same shot every time, taking the same route thru the course and loses every single battle he is in. Frustration setting in :-)

BloodGodAlucard
10-23-2009, 08:02 PM
That's unfortunate. :confused: Hopefully he'll be able to pull off a win if he keeps at it. Best of luck.

xDyNaMiCx
10-23-2009, 08:27 PM
yes there is evolving.
you have to fight for example: masqurade to get hydronoid.
then buy him then fight him again
to get alpha hydronoid.

BloodGodAlucard
10-23-2009, 09:16 PM
Thanks for verifying that.

Suicide King124
10-28-2009, 09:01 PM
Yeah just for the main characters Bakugan though.

rockerking305
12-30-2009, 04:09 PM
Hey guys, I was just wondering if the Bakugan will be able to evolve like they do in the show. For example, if I start out with Hydranoid, can I evolve him into Dual Hydranoid, and Alpha Hydranoid thereafter?

hey i've did research on this game there's only one bakugan that evolves in the game and thats leonidas the bakugan that you start out with...thats bull.....it only evolves in the last tournament wehn you fight...
vladitor..this is bull but the game seems fun.:locked

illcutyou
01-04-2010, 07:50 AM
hey i've did research on this game there's only one bakugan that evolves in the game and thats leonidas the bakugan that you start out with...thats bull.....it only evolves in the last tournament wehn you fight...
vladitor..this is bull but the game seems fun.:locked

That's not true at all. Hopefully I can remember all of these...
-Dragonoid can turn into Delta Dragonoid II
-Preyas can turn into Preyas Diablo/Preyas Angelo
-Tigrerra can turn into Blade Tigrerra
-Gorem can turn into Hammer Gorem
-Hyranoid can turn into Dual Hydranoid
-Skyress can turn into Storm Skyress
-Vladitor can turn into Battle Ax Vladitor

Nobody can evolve beyond the second form and none of the other Bakugan can evolve but certainly more can evolve than just Leonidas.

HOW TO EVOLVE:
As you progress through the game, visit the Park. In the park, check out the bulletin board. If there's a challenge with a little ball icon next to it that tells you to beat any of the owners of those Bakugan (Dan, Marucho, Runo, Julie, Masquerade, Shun, or Marduk), battle them in the park and win. This should unlock the unevolved form of their Bakugan in the store. Buy the unevolved Bakugan then return to the park. There should be a new challenge in the Bulletin Board with that character (if not, leave the park and re-enter a few times until nobody speaks upon entering or progress further in story mode). Beat the character again and the evolved Bakugan should be unlocked in the store.

brianjrkann
06-10-2010, 09:52 PM
Unfortunatly, other than the story evolutions there are no others in the game