PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Age Journeys Flash Game - Free, and you get an ingame item!

Dave of Canada
10-22-2009, 11:32 PM
http://www.dragonagejourneys.com

If you get all the achievements in this flash game, you'll get a helmet for your console game.

TwistedFate
10-22-2009, 11:35 PM
This is getting to be like Forza 3. In game stuff everywhere you look. Not that I'm complaining, mind you, but I already have more stuff than I can possibly wear.

EDIT: Thanks for the link. I heard it was coming/out there the other day but I couldn't find a link.

weeken
10-23-2009, 01:57 AM
Game is live now so here are the unlocks:

1) Embri's Many Pockets

Embri of Gwaren, an elven mage of limited talent who volunteered to become one of the Tranquil, proved herself a talented enchanter--if absent-minded. She kept an array of magical ingredients on her belt at all times, and eventually the belt itself became magical. Embri died of lyrium poisoning many years later, but the enchanted belt remains.
Effects

+5% Fire Resistance
+5% Cold Resistance
+5% Electricity Resistance
+5% Nature Resistance
+5% Spirit Resistance

Requirements

To earn Embri's Many Pockets in Dragon Age: Origins, save the Grey Warden Martine by completing The Missing Warden quest.

2) Helm of the Deep

There is a legend amongst the dwarves of the Legion of the Dead that, three centuries ago, a commander of the Legion came across the body of a legionnaire wearing a helmet inscribed with lyrium. He took it, and died nobly... and then his body was found years later by another commander--and so forth, for generations. The helmet is said to be a sign of an honorable death for the lucky dwarf who stumbles across it.
Effects

+2 Constitution
+10 Mental Resistance
+10 Physical Resistance

Requirements

To earn the Helm of the Deep in Dragon Age: Origins, you must earn all five achievements in Dragon Age Journies: The Deep Roads.

3) Amulet Of the War Wage

This amulet was forged during the height of the ancient Tevinter Imperium's power, a time when entire armies would flee upon seeing a Tevinter magister stride into battle. While the name Cavellus remains engraved on its back, any memory of the magister who created it has been lost to the mists of time.
Effects

+5% to Fire Damage
+5 % to Cold Damage
+5% to Electrical Damage
+5% to Nature Damage
+5% to Spirit Damage

Requirements

To earn the Amulet of the War Mage in Dragon Age: Origins, you must complete all three parts of the Dragon Age Journeys feedback survey. You can access the survey by completing quests.

CIKShock
10-27-2009, 03:29 AM
I'm hating this flash game... so many bugs for me. I've had to restart warrior twice now because when i stand on the spot for the smugglers camp it wont advance the quest. (I've done it on mage and rogue no problem)

If anyone knows how to fix it, i've tried it with dwarf commoner and dwarf noble warrior and going to try it on human noble.

tastefulmrship
10-29-2009, 04:27 PM
Amulet of the War Mage

Requirements:
To earn the Amulet of the War Mage in Dragon Age: Origins, you must complete Dragon Age Journeys on the hard combat difficulty setting. The difficulty setting must be set to hard for the entire play through. The combat difficulty setting is chosen after character creation.

I guess they've finished the customer surveys!

XXII Death IIXX
10-30-2009, 12:30 AM
I guess they've finished the customer surveys!Looks that way, glad I already had that one.

NateTraveller
10-30-2009, 07:13 AM
Same here. Not that it would be that much harder, just a lot more grinding and go back to town to rest. That would actually kill me harder than the enemy themselves. :P

CIKShock
10-30-2009, 08:45 PM
Hard isn't too bad, but it is hella annoying imo. I wonder when they will release the rest of the game.

Shinobi273
11-05-2009, 07:16 PM
Have you gotten any items yet? It never asks for a GT so how is this supposed to work? Also, since they never released the rest of the game, 2 of the 3 offered rewards are impossible to earn.

ViRaLuNdEaD
11-05-2009, 07:29 PM
Have you gotten any items yet? It never asks for a GT so how is this supposed to work? Also, since they never released the rest of the game, 2 of the 3 offered rewards are impossible to earn.

Create an EA account. Then when you load up DAO, it will ask you to log in to your EA account. From there you can download the items you earn under Downloadable Content from the main menu.

As far as not being able to get all the items doing just Chapter 1, I am not sure why, unless they have changed something. I was able to get all 3 items, but I did my run of Journeys before release, so they may have changed something.

Shinobi273
11-05-2009, 11:28 PM
I didn't think it was possible to finish the game since it doesn't have an ending yet.

ViRaLuNdEaD
11-06-2009, 01:26 PM
I didn't think it was possible to finish the game since it doesn't have an ending yet.

You can finish the first chapter, which will allow you to get all of the free items for your DAO characters.

when_vegans_attack
11-06-2009, 04:07 PM
If you already have an EA account linked to your Gamertag it's incredibly simple. All I did was log on and when I went to the DL section on the menu all my items from Journeys were already there waiting to be downloaded.

VladimirK
11-06-2009, 05:21 PM
So for any of you htat have done it.

How hard/how do you kill 2 enemies with one attack and same question for killing an ogre with all party members at full health?

I'm playing through just now, but really want to know that part for those 2 achievements.

ViRaLuNdEaD
11-06-2009, 05:32 PM
So for any of you htat have done it.

How hard/how do you kill 2 enemies with one attack and same question for killing an ogre with all party members at full health?

I'm playing through just now, but really want to know that part for those 2 achievements.

They are both really easy.

For two enemies, just have your non-magic users get a couple of enemies down to 5 or so health and then let you mage unleash an AOE spell on both of them. The hardest part is getting two enemies close enough so they are in range of the same spell.

For the ogre one, focus on the ogre and ignore the other enemies. Kill him, then work on healing everyone back up as you take out the other enemies. When you are close to getting the last enemy down, keep healing and ending your turn as needed until everyone is at full health and you can dispatch the last one and you are golden. You just need to be at full health at the end of the battle.

VladimirK
11-06-2009, 05:58 PM
Nice, thanks for the tips :)

Durdens Wrath
11-06-2009, 06:21 PM
Any tips for getting through Hard mode? Like would a rogue (PC), mage (the one you get that's a healer) and the warrior (NPC) work?

I tried Warrior, Warrior, mage, and breezed till I got through to the Ogres,
Mage, Mage, Warrior was ok till you get to the 4 rogues who backstab the hell out of you.

ViRaLuNdEaD
11-06-2009, 06:44 PM
Any tips for getting through Hard mode? Like would a rogue (PC), mage (the one you get that's a healer) and the warrior (NPC) work?

I tried Warrior, Warrior, mage, and breezed till I got through to the Ogres,
Mage, Mage, Warrior was ok till you get to the 4 rogues who backstab the hell out of you.

Mage, Mage, Warrior works pretty well. I used just about the same tactic through the entire game. Whittle them down at a distance with ranged weapons until they get close, then focus on one at a time to kill as many as you can in a round. One enemy with full health is always better than having 3 with half health. When you get down to one or two left, switch one person to heal if needed and use the other two to deal damage. One thing I learned early is that the mage's normal shot from the staff can be really effective. It was better than a bow for me, because you never get the glancing blow like you do with bow/arrow and later you can find some staves that do 20+ damage.

With the rogues, do the same thing. Whittle them down at a distance and when they get close just destroy them with melee or AOE spells. To stop them from backstabbing stay in the first row of spaces. Also, make sure you get the shield ability that blocks flanking as soon as you can for your Warrior. That will save you a lot of heartache later in the game.

Durdens Wrath
11-06-2009, 07:00 PM
But hard mode is doable with Rogue, Mage, Warrior?

ViRaLuNdEaD
11-06-2009, 07:04 PM
But hard mode is doable with Rogue, Mage, Warrior?

I don't see why not. You would basically just be swapping out the mages long range staff attack for a bow and could have a pretty decent melee with two really good weapons. One thing to remember is that it seems only base damage is affected by offhand weapons, so anything nice like +3 to Darkspawn shouldn't be halved in your offhand. I'm not positive on that, but that is what it seemed like when I played.

Durdens Wrath
11-06-2009, 09:28 PM
Yeah, I think I'd read that the Rogue was a good bet to get the 2 at once. Using swipe and stealth.

With the Mage, Mage, Warrior, I always kept running out of mana using Mind Blast and then I was screwed.

One last thing, with the Rogue, how do you swap between weapons, like if you have a bow, and knives, how do you go between them?

VladimirK
11-07-2009, 11:52 AM
Just one more question sorry about the achievements/unlocks.

Has the requirements changed?

Now when I look at them it says to defeat the Hurlock Emissary for the last achievement and to unlock the pendant thing you have to defeat all 4 ogre battles in one playthrough? :confused::confused:

slacker322
11-07-2009, 08:32 PM
The requirements for the amulet of the war mage have changed, as have some of the achievements. Initially the War Mage item required surveys, then it changed to beating the game on hard, which I just did, but alas, before I did it changed again to defeating all 4 ogres.

Also there was an achievement for beating the game with all 3 character classes, but now that is gone as well. So for those who have not started yet, you can now get everything in one playthrough on easy. Takes about an hour. Cheers!

VladimirK
11-07-2009, 11:47 PM
But that's the problem.
I've finished it after the requirements changed but there wasn't any way to get these.

EDIT: Just done a quick 3rd playthrough, they unlocked fine :):)

EDIT[2]: Just a little thing. I e-mailed them incase it was a glitch that made the requirements change. I actually got a response. Felt nice to have some people like that who actually respond to e-mails :)

smudgedhorizon
11-08-2009, 08:21 PM
This might be a dumb question but where exactly are the 4 ogres?

I definitely defeated the 3 that guard the machines at the end, but it never updated the count - was always at 0/4 ogres?

VladimirK
11-08-2009, 10:47 PM
Start a new playthrough.
It screwed up for me too.

Just quickly run through, there's the 3 at the end, but there's one to the bottom of the area where you find Martine aswell.
Those are the 4.

smudgedhorizon
11-08-2009, 11:31 PM
Aww thanks Vladimirk, I wasn't sure what was going on, an I appreciate you telling me where the one I didnt find is :)

Onward to the deep roads!

EDIT: Just went and killed that one ogre I missed on my previous game, and my count went straight from 0/4 to 4/4 and I unlocked the item, so no complaints here! Thanks again.

Now just to try and get the 2 kills with 1 hit...

MunkEWuvsU
11-22-2009, 07:34 PM
I think this may be a dumb question since I can't find much on it, but I have beaten the flash again since that achievement changed to Hurlock Emissary but I cannot find them and when the game ends it says I have stopped them but no achievement... help I want the helm.

VladimirK
11-22-2009, 11:55 PM
I would say just to do another playthrough.
It's only a short game and that's a story based thing, so you can't miss it.