PDA

View Full Version : Which level should I farm the machinegun kills?

Gooseboxer
10-23-2009, 01:45 AM
what is the best level to replay to get the machinegun kills?

crotteck
10-27-2009, 03:39 AM
machine gun? Do you mean the turret?

If so its best to get all the other achievements first, such as playthoughs and challenges - if you are going for these achievements you will get the turret achievement naturally.

The best level though to get the turret kills is the rage section while you're chasing Sorrell (this is the one with all the train cars). When you get on the turret its a save point so kill as many as you can (average about 15) and let yourself die.. do not shoot the tank! You will get the achievement easy.

Earth Djinn
11-08-2009, 04:17 PM
I was redoing Shock Therapy in Points Count mode and when I was on the turret at the end I was able to get a lot of kills by ignoring the tank for as long as possible. I was able to get over 35 kills in a single run, but then the achievement unlocked so I just shot the tank and ended the level, so I'm not sure how long I could have gone on for.

ScroteyLiberace
11-19-2009, 04:16 AM
Just in case you're referring to the submachine guns and not the turret, an easy one without too much running or danger was the castle arena area in the wine casks. The part I used was on Golden Bullet mode where there are only 2 arena 'doors' to deal with, one on the right immediately and another just ahead but accessed via a set of stairs to the right. Because of this it is quite easy to stay alive as both doors can be guarded from close to the starting point.

I would just shoot everyone until no more spawns appeared, shoot the symbols to close the doors and then let the chaingun fellow show up and kill me. It may be possible to reload the save rather than die, but I hadn't read the guide at the time and wasn't sure.

Not that this is the best place, but if reloading the save is possible any arena where lots of enemies spawn is great on Golden Bullet mode for the 200 kill achievements.

Cheers.