PDA

View Full Version : Class Mod Question

NickelNine20
10-23-2009, 09:06 AM
Is there any reason to keep class mods that are not for my class type? For example: I am a soldier and I have a bunch of hunter, siren, and berserker class mods. I don't play co-op so I have no one to give them to so should I just sell all non-soldier class mods? Thanks!

Also, does the same go for Artifacts?

Dark2099
10-23-2009, 09:26 AM
I used another gamertag to open splitscreen to transfer some good mods and stuff to it as storage, then if i make another class to level up I have some decent mods and gear sooner than normal. Just need to open splitscreen up again and transfer them back to this gamertag.

But other than that or just doing co-op with some friends or something, you should be able to safely sell them.

NickelNine20
10-23-2009, 09:29 AM
Haha! Now that's thinking outside the box! Thanks for the tips!

MLG=Most Likely Gay
10-23-2009, 01:27 PM
I used another gamertag to open splitscreen to transfer some good mods and stuff to it as storage, then if i make another class to level up I have some decent mods and gear sooner than normal. Just need to open splitscreen up again and transfer them back to this gamertag.

But other than that or just doing co-op with some friends or something, you should be able to safely sell them.

Cool, thanks for the tip, also I really like your display pic.

MLG=Most Likely Gay
10-23-2009, 02:20 PM
Does a class mod automatically give you its power ups?

If my Siren class mod gives +3 to pheonix but i dont have any points in pheonix, do i still get the power.

Also, say I have 5/5 pheonix naturally (I do.) would a class mod make it stronger or is it capped?

neok182
10-23-2009, 02:21 PM
basically do what was said and save them for friends. Or just sell 'em.

@MLG: if you don't have any points then it does nothing. If you have points it adds it but i believe it's capped at 5. So if it's +3. when you have +2,3,4 you actually have +5.

Though i could be wrong as this isn't made very clear anywhere.

I 7echnician I
10-23-2009, 06:14 PM
Does a class mod automatically give you its power ups?

If my Siren class mod gives +3 to pheonix but i dont have any points in pheonix, do i still get the power.

Also, say I have 5/5 pheonix naturally (I do.) would a class mod make it stronger or is it capped?

I have been wondering this also. Can anyone confirm?

Iceman9482
10-23-2009, 08:49 PM
It does add extra points to the skill. On my friends soldier he has his overload at "8" and his magazine size is huge. And if you don't have points in it, it adds it like it does. I don't have pheonix yet but i have a mod with +3 and it has started working for me.

Kyai
10-23-2009, 10:46 PM
I don't think the cap is 5. I found a class mod with +6 to Team Ammo Regeneration.

diseptikon
10-24-2009, 12:52 AM
basically do what was said and save them for friends. Or just sell 'em.

@MLG: if you don't have any points then it does nothing. If you have points it adds it but i believe it's capped at 5. So if it's +3. when you have +2,3,4 you actually have +5.

Though i could be wrong as this isn't made very clear anywhere.

To make a class mod perk active you must have at least 1 point in the perk mentioned on the mod. 5 is definitely not the limit as I have a mod that adds +3 to my bloodwing totalling +8 making him a lot stronger than with just +5 default.

This doesnt show up on the skill tree. But I did confirm that my BW did more damage with it than without on the same enemy.