PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question about Japanese 360 games

FlyersFan20
02-15-2007, 07:30 AM
Hey all,
To play a Japanese 360 game, I know i need to have a Japanese X-box (that train sim game looking really interesting to me, and I wanna give it a shot), but before I shell out 400 bucks for another 360, here's what I need to know. Using the HD cable, do I need a non us TV? I have a Samsung 50" Plasma model HP-R5052. Will I be able to just hook it up and go?

Thanks in advance

DaKing240
02-15-2007, 07:52 AM
If I am not mistaken... you will only need a regular power cord... which you will already have. I don't think the video cords will be different.

ExOtIc FaNtAsY
02-15-2007, 03:11 PM
The video cord that came with my Premium Japan XBOX 360 would work with my TV but it wasnt the HD Cables, meaning it only had the red,white and yellow cables (had a extra little USB thing but didnt know what it was for)...I had to go to Wal-Mart and buy the HD Cables (Red,White,Green,Blue and another Red.....you dont need the yellow for HD)

So to answer your question yes it will work....everything works very fine over here in the US but the games of course.....Even your US memory card works in the Japanese Box....Only thing you have to do in select English when you first boot it up so the Dashboard is in English and youll be fine

Hope that helps and if you ever have any more questions, there are a few of us here that have Japan Boxes so dont hesitate to ask

FlyersFan20
02-15-2007, 06:12 PM
Well, can I switch the HD cable back and forth between my US 360 and a Japanese 360? It's not like I'm gonna be able to use both at the same time with the same profile? And another question, I've seen all kinds of posts on how to get a tag onto a japanese 360, some say recover tag, some say use a memory card... is there a definative answer so that I can keep my gamerscore but continue to add to it from both 360s? I think this site needs a definative xbox360 japanese FAQ... Something that says exactly what you need and how to make it work, because the one at play-asia.com makes no sense whatsoever. I think that would definately give this site another reason why it's better than all the others!

ExOtIc FaNtAsY
02-15-2007, 06:33 PM
Yes, you can just switch the cables if you want, I'm just lazy and didnt feel like doing that....

As far as your profile goes, you can do it either way you prefer...I personally have my gamertag on a US memory Unit, when i play on my US console i save all my data (game data, demos, arcade games, pictures, themes etc.) to the US hard drive......When i play on my Japan Console I save all my data to the JAPAN Hard Drive....The only thing i keep on my memory unit is my Gamer Profile....I prefer this method because i dont want to have to account recover every time i wanna play on either console.....To answer you question even farther, you can even swap your Hard Drive's around if you want and never have to worry bout a memory card and have everything saved all on on Hard Drive. I dont do this for two reasons: 1. Too Lazy 2. My US hard Drive is always at full anyway with all my arcade games and demos and etc....

FlyersFan20
02-16-2007, 06:56 PM
I want to thank everyone for their input... I made my decision and I got the Lost Planet Pack Xbox 360 Premium from play-asia.com for 399.99 and I also got A-Train HX and Rain. Thanks again everyone, and trust me I'll be drooling over my new Japanese Xbox 360!

ExOtIc FaNtAsY
02-16-2007, 07:07 PM
No prob man...And im sure you enjoy the Japan console almost as much as the US One :)

DJ Psyanyde
02-16-2007, 08:57 PM
I wish you all the luck in the world with A-train HX. And welcome to the Japanese xbox club

The Pants Party
02-16-2007, 09:02 PM
So how well can y'all actually play these Japanese games? I'm assuming you don't read/speak Japanese, obviously. Seems like you wouldn't be able to get very far.

DJ Psyanyde
02-17-2007, 01:34 AM
So far I have been able to complete 100% 2 Japanese games im 30% through the achievements on tetris. Some games are easier to understand than others some games have english some don't it all just depends on the game. Others have imported games that were also released for the US xox but give additional points for example enchanted arm has 2 different versions available for the japanese box everyparty has 2 versions and there is a japanese release of moto gp that is available

FlyersFan20
02-26-2007, 11:05 PM
I want to thank you all again for your help, and let you know that my xbox did finally arrive Friday afternoon... I tried playing A Train HX and well, that didn't go well. I've started to translate the menus, slowly but surely. My main thing is that I can't seem to start a new map! But, I'm getting there. Other then Rain (which is mostly in english) and Tetris, which are the easiest Japanese games, so I can start importing more games!

Thanks in advance

DJ Psyanyde
02-26-2007, 11:11 PM
I tried playing A Train HX and well, that didn't go well. I've started to translate the menus, slowly but surely. My main thing is that I can't seem to start a new map! But, I'm getting there. Other then Rain (which is mostly in english) and Tetris, which are the easiest Japanese games, so I can start importing more games!

Thanks in advance

First on A-train you need to complete specific objectives in the scenario maps unfortunately i don't know what these are yet and second if you are thinking that tetris is an easy game for points I wish you all the luck in the world.

FlyersFan20
02-26-2007, 11:41 PM
I wasn't implying that Tetris was easy... I already know whats going on in Tetris (and how difficult it is) and Rain and just wanted to know what other games would be considered easy. Sorry for the confusion.