PDA

View Full Version : Serial Use on Multiple PC's.... FTW!

Sniper JZA80
10-25-2009, 02:46 AM
Ok,

I had a look through the forums and couldn't find anything specific about this, so forgive me if this is old news.

You can use the one serial on multiple PC's provided you install it with the same disc. What's the point you ask? It makes Violent Cartographer and Rainman a hell of a lot easier is the point! This way you can boost with 2 people or even just by yourself provided you have 3 computers accessible, and set up additional gamertags.

This has been tried and confirmed by myself and ezekiel 08. We have both installed our game on multiple PC's, they work with xbox live, you only need a silver account to play.

So for those of you having trouble finding enough people to boost with, and have the resources, this is your way out!! :woop:

drewmart
11-10-2009, 11:27 AM
Good idea mate, this works with Gears of War PC as well. :)

denrocks1
11-12-2009, 02:45 PM
A Game for Windows key will work on any other Game for windows game.

Ackis
12-01-2009, 09:32 PM
Are the keys just used to say "this is the game" or are they special registration keys?

I've been meaning to pick up Halo 2 but none of the stores have it locally so far.

Achiever TM
12-15-2009, 12:21 PM
Are the keys just used to say "this is the game" or are they special registration keys?

I've been meaning to pick up Halo 2 but none of the stores have it locally so far. I don't know if it's a special registration key or not. but you can use your key multiple times.

I bought the game yesterday and like you I had problems to find a single copy. in a entire mall i only found a copy of Halo 2 (was last one) and asked for it in 6-7 shops ;)

if you search on amazon or ebay you can easily purchase your copy :)

Ackis
12-21-2009, 04:33 PM
I've found a couple of copies at a local Futureshop for $40 CDN however I went out and spent $20 CDN on ebay for it. :P

R Rated Love
01-03-2010, 07:26 AM
Best Buy usually has copies for $20.

And hate to burst your bubble, but you can only use the serial number twice. (At least to activate Halo 2, I don't know how it works with other games)

While you can reactivate it on a computer it was previously installed on, you cannot do it on more than 2 different machines.

Ludo dave
03-22-2010, 01:51 AM
hey everyone do yous have a used halo 2 key that can be used one more time i bought the game from chips for 10 and got it home installed it but when i went to play got the message that the key was needed so i put the key that was in the box in and it had already been used twice so would anyone help me here my serial code is W8GTQ-3JCMD-XKQ2C-B94DY-RPXFC and its no use to me need a new code asap! if anyone will provide me with one it would be great thanks

Obliticutter
03-28-2010, 12:50 AM
Ok,

I had a look through the forums and couldn't find anything specific about this, so forgive me if this is old news.

You can use the one serial on multiple PC's provided you install it with the same disc. What's the point you ask? It makes Violent Cartographer and Rainman a hell of a lot easier is the point! This way you can boost with 2 people or even just by yourself provided you have 3 computers accessible, and set up additional gamertags.

This has been tried and confirmed by myself and ezekiel 08. We have both installed our game on multiple PC's, they work with xbox live, you only need a silver account to play.

So for those of you having trouble finding enough people to boost with, and have the resources, this is your way out!! :woop:

Great call :)