PDA

View Full Version : If Animal Friend didn't unlock for you at the end of the game

lifeexpectancy
10-26-2009, 02:22 PM
Many people on various forums have mentioned that Animal Friend didn't unlock when they freed the last animal. If this happened to you, you likely replayed one of the levels to get another achievement.

If you replay a level, you have to save all the animals in that level again as it "tags" your most recent playthrough of each level as your current count for animal rescues there.

If it didn't unlock for you, trie this first: replay the canyon level. A lot of people replay this level before finishing the game to get "flawless river rafting" and/or the ach for finishing a level without being seen. If you did, odds are you didn't save any animals when you replayed it.

I was worried I'd have to replay the whole game but I just replayed that one level since it was the only one I was 100% sure I replayed for those other achievements. Took me less than 5 minutes to unlock my animal friend achievment this morning. Have fun!

iNf3Rn0 Zamar
10-26-2009, 11:50 PM
Thank you for this, i went back to that level to. that and the avalanche one. Ill go back and get them. ;D

JB x360a
12-10-2009, 11:31 PM
Many people on various forums have mentioned that Animal Friend didn't unlock when they freed the last animal. If this happened to you, you likely replayed one of the levels to get another achievement.

If you replay a level, you have to save all the animals in that level again as it "tags" your most recent playthrough of each level as your current count for animal rescues there.

If it didn't unlock for you, trie this first: replay the canyon level. A lot of people replay this level before finishing the game to get "flawless river rafting" and/or the ach for finishing a level without being seen. If you did, odds are you didn't save any animals when you replayed it.

I was worried I'd have to replay the whole game but I just replayed that one level since it was the only one I was 100% sure I replayed for those other achievements. Took me less than 5 minutes to unlock my animal friend achievment this morning. Have fun!

You my friend are a f#@king legend.

RedmptionDenied
12-26-2009, 04:29 PM

Suspected this might be the problem, glad to see someone else verify it though. Had the river level and one other I knew I replayed that I had to go back and do. Took maybe 10 minutes and it popped up. :woop:

HalfEVILmonkey
07-30-2010, 02:10 AM
Also, make sure that if you missed some on a level, replay the level, get all of the animals, and then save at one of the mid-mission checkpoints AND THEN QUIT THE LEVEL. Do NOT complete the level to the mission's end or the animals will not save.