PDA

View Full Version : Ur opinion on the demo

m-iichel
10-26-2009, 11:11 PM
the demo is out .. at first i thought yeah :woop: ..
but when i started playing i got pretty sad :(

the most annoying thing is the camera position.. and that u cant turn the camera around manually :(

i mean the graphics and storyline is up till Buu so thats good .. but the camera/handling feels like an epic fail :( ,, to bad coz i was looking forward to this game

Hope the next game will have camera and handling like Burst limit and the graphics and storyline settings of Raging blast.... thats a good combiniation

anyone else think this game is gonna fail :confused:

DarkZero
10-27-2009, 03:01 AM
Uh...you CAN control the camera in all the tenkaichi games to some extent. You can't control the camera at all in Burst Limitfrom what I remember.

Have you not ever played a Budokai Tenkaichi game? This game plays exactly like they do.

Drunk3nR4d
10-28-2009, 01:04 AM
so u are saying that the camera angles can be controlled and arent as horrid as he claims? cuz im completely stoked for this game to the point that i am going to pick back up my xbox controller... haha oh and cuz of cod mw2

Nathan WV10
10-28-2009, 01:07 AM
I dont care about camera angles.

Dragonball Z has been my favourite series for years and no matter how rubbish the game is i will still rent it :)

KamikazeQ
10-28-2009, 01:44 AM
The game seems to play exactly like Budokai Tenkaichi which is a behind-the-back view. I disliked it in Tenkaichi but it actually seems like it might be a suitable option for online play. I say that because as in Tenkaichi you can actually use the terrain as cover for avoiding attacks and for launching sneak attacks on your opponent.

Personally the demo did not impress me. I am a hardcore anime fan and despite what some people think of the series I have always had a love for DBZ. I have played most of the games released stateside (except for a few like Tenkaichi 3) and even played some of the imported games. I even own a copy of the Bandai reissue of GT Final Bout for PS1. Super Dragonball Z is in my opinion the best of the American released games namely because it's the only one that has tried to establish a balanced combat system with each character's normal attacks being unique. Until Bandai gets around to giving the gamers a DBZ game that has a rich and deep combat system I don't feel these games will ever become a true fighting game and will remain as nothing more than a yearly way of getting fanboys to spend cash on a beloved license that has been milked for way too long.

I think that this will be a rental but Super DBZ is a good purchase for anyone that likes DBZ and fighting games and I have seen it in the clearance bin of a couple Best Buys for cheap. It was published by Bandai yet developed by a team consisting of the original designers of Street Fighter 2 and was a big hit in the Japanese arcade scene. The drawback to the game is that nothing was added to the home port as far as extras and unlockables and I think that had a lot to do with it's dysmal sales.

Sorry about the long rant peeps. :D

Hydrocannon
10-30-2009, 03:57 PM
camera took a little time to get use to the only thing i very much dislike is the way you do the moves. if it's not evident, i have not played any of the ps2 so if its the same controls then good luck to yah. i'll probably still get because the tutorials can help me a lot. plus it's hard to see your command list's directions or stick. took me 2 fights to figure out you do moves with the right stick by itself unlike burstlimit where you could use the d-pad and the (B) button. teleporting's easier, a little bit. but despite these problem the demo and game are worth giving a chance

grumpiercloud
10-31-2009, 04:59 PM
I actually REALLY liked the demo although I wish the time limit was a little longer ;) Plus it took me forever to figure out the controls considering in the Demo you can't look at them in the options or anything. Except the skill list of course.

Jaden Arbiter
11-04-2009, 05:33 PM
Calling it a good demo would hurt consumer view of Microsoft's demo criteria so I won't go there.

To tell you the truth, I laughed the first few seconds playing the earth landscape level as I saw many parts of the ground jerking around, and could only think what terrible and pathetic developers Spike are. I mean come on, how hard is it to get past basic PS2 graphic mishaps when this is a 360 title and the fourth year they copied that EXACT same level? Lol.

Like I'd really pay $60 for a game 75% downsized from the game that came before it, which I already own, could play at any time, and payed $0.25 for.

Superjad
11-07-2009, 11:02 PM
Apparently controls, along with everything else, will be customisable