PDA

View Full Version : Question from a Player New to the Franchise

BloodGodAlucard
10-28-2009, 05:44 PM
Just watched some really cool vids on the Tekken 6 site. I have to say this game looks incredible! The fight system seems fast and intense. My only question is, how hard is it to play? Having never played a game in the franchise, I'm concerned that I might have a hard time with it. (If it's learning curve is as steep as the intricate movements would imply). I know when I played SFIV (also my first game in that franchise), I got merched for about a month until my skills got to be even half-way decent. How will I far in this game?

Evo Kazz
10-28-2009, 06:48 PM
Been playing Tekken since the first one on PSOne, and in my experience it is much easier to pick up than SF or Mortal Kombat. It has a perfect balance, you can button mash and win, or advanced players can go all technical. I think you'll be fine with it, online winning may take some practice, but if only after solo play, go for it, I am getting it first thing friday, Tekken 5 was amazing (although 3 was my favourite).

BloodGodAlucard
10-28-2009, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the info. Hopefully I'll be able to jump right in. Fighting games are my second favorite genre of games. I'm looking forward to getting into this one soon.