PDA

View Full Version : Alternative way to beat Nightmare Train

Oo S3r1aL oO
10-31-2009, 03:33 AM
Hi there,

I just finished the Nightmare Train level with a very easy method and accidentally even on hard. :p

Preparations:

Step 1:
I picked Alisa as main character and started farming items on the Roger Jr level (hard) for her. Because I had problems to get good items for her with my main character Bryan.

When you play with Alisa your partner will be Lars. I realized the KI is very good with him. I found a 100% drop chance Item for Alisa and farmed the level a few times.

Tip: :ddown::abut::abut::abut: for the little bears. I think it is important to kill the enemy yourself when you have the "%to item drop" item but I'm not sure.

Step 2:
I found an S Rank item for more health(414hp) for Alisa. Lars got some good items too. An A Rank health item (340hp) and an 65% attack item.

Then I started to farm for items on the Nightmare Train level (hard) and found a couple of great items for both characters.

My final equipment:

Alisas equipment:
6 defense rank B
71% attack rank A
69 fire attack rank A
414 health rank S
100% chance for items Rank A (you can choose another elemental attack item here)

Lars equipment:
20% thunder attack rank C
37 fire attack rank C
6 defense rank B
340 health rank A
65% attack rank B

Of course it is easier with better Items (and on normal difficult). But it was easy even with this items. :)

How do I beat the nightmare train?

1. All the time I was near the two crates in the sheltered part of the train. I waited until the enemies where gathered around Lars and then I started to attack the enemies he was focused on. I only used :bbut: to do some kind of quick high kick which always hit a couple of enemies. Then I tried to focus on the enemy with the lowest health to take him out with that :bbut: kick.

2. In the middle (about 20 defeated gargoyles) I started to heal myself with the little chicks in the crates. Lars always healed himself with the eggs and stuff from the enemies he defeated.

3. When Devil Jin showed up I ran to the middle (where the crate with the yellow flag spawed when he appears) and waited until he was nearby. I ran to the gatling gun. Lars kept him busy until I started to shoot at Devil Jin. After A few shoots he was no longer a passenger. ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notice:
I really sucked with my main character in this stage and he had much better items. I'm not a Alisa player but the :bbut: kick was all I needed. :p

I hadn't intended to beat the stage. I was still farming items to beat the level when I have enough Rank A & S Items. ^^

And before you start to flame because I don't have any Tekken 6 achievements: I have this game for PS3 (Tekken + PS Controller was a must for me) But the gameplay and the achievements (trophys) are the same. A friend of mine has the xbox360 version and got the achievements with my method.

I really hope this helps the people who has trouble with this level. ;)
I'm sorry for my english: I'm from Germany. I hope the guide is still understandable ^^

Agent JFG
10-31-2009, 05:25 AM
Great guide. I didn't pick up too many items on Nightmare Train. When you have 100% Item drop on, does that mean every enemy drops an item or just very often?

Oo S3r1aL oO
10-31-2009, 05:44 AM
Great guide. I didn't pick up too many items on Nightmare Train. When you have 100% Item drop on, does that mean every enemy drops an item or just very often?

no, unfortunately not :) But it doubles the possiblity that an item will drop.
For example every 10th enemy drops an item, that means every 5th enemy now drops an item. Well that's my theory. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Agent JFG
10-31-2009, 05:53 AM
no, unfortunately not :) But it doubles the possiblity that an item will drop.
For example every 10th enemy drops an item, that means every 5th enemy now drops an item. Well that's my theory. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm not sure, but I hope to get an item like that. An item every 5 enemies sounds nice.

Oo S3r1aL oO
10-31-2009, 06:01 AM
I'm not sure, but I hope to get an item like that. An item every 5 enemies sounds nice.

It is still luck to get an item. You will always have runs where you only get 4 items and the next run you'll have 10 items. The droprate is different every time. The item will only help you to increase your luck to get an item.

But I think the Roger Jr level still got the best drop rate with the easiest enemies. The Mokujin stage is good to farm to, but if your Lars and/or Alisa is to weak then it is really hard to get far in this stage.

SupremeRapier
10-31-2009, 08:48 AM
I'm not sure what the deal with the drop rates are in stages. I have an S rank body piece for alisa that has 157% drop rate increase which is amazing in most levels but hardly works at all in the nightmare train stage :/

Agent JFG
10-31-2009, 09:29 AM
I'm not sure what the deal with the drop rates are in stages. I have an S rank body piece for alisa that has 157% drop rate increase which is amazing in most levels but hardly works at all in the nightmare train stage :/
Are you getting the kills? Whoever has the item boosting the % needs to be the one who kills an opponent for it to even factor it. I've found two S items in one run through on the Roger Jr level. My Alisa is pretty good too, once she is perfect I'll use her to boost the rest of the characters since she can beat every enemy on that stage by herself. Only thing is the time runs out.

T0b3
10-31-2009, 09:44 AM
I just beat it! And it was.. incredibly easy. I think I farmed items a bit too long since I had 5 S-rank items per character.

SupremeRapier
10-31-2009, 09:58 AM
Are you getting the kills? Whoever has the item boosting the % needs to be the one who kills an opponent for it to even factor it. I've found two S items in one run through on the Roger Jr level. My Alisa is pretty good too, once she is perfect I'll use her to boost the rest of the characters since she can beat every enemy on that stage by herself. Only thing is the time runs out.
yeah, I was playing as alisa trying to get high level items for other characters. I think the drop rate is just really low on the train compared to other stages.

Oo S3r1aL oO
10-31-2009, 02:49 PM
[...] I've found two S items in one run through on the Roger Jr level.[...]

I found 3 Rank S Items in 4 Runs on the Roger Jr Level. It is much easier than the nightmare train level.

yeah, I was playing as alisa trying to get high level items for other characters. I think the drop rate is just really low on the train compared to other stages.

yeah I think the drop rate isn't that great either in the mokujin stage. You probably get the best items on the nightmare train level but I don't think it is a good level to get alot of items.

How do you get items for other characters when you're playing Alisa? I always just get Lars and Alisa items with her.

DarkBlue62
10-31-2009, 03:43 PM
What level is the Rodger level?

Oo S3r1aL oO
10-31-2009, 04:00 PM
What level is the Rodger level?

It is a secret level. You'll have to beat the Christie Level and take the right path in the split. Kill the dancers & roger and finish the level.

DarkBlue62
10-31-2009, 04:05 PM
It is a secret level. You'll have to beat the Christie Level and take the right path in the split. Kill the dancers & roger and finish the level.

Thanks. :)

ponypo2001
10-31-2009, 05:14 PM
Well written guide mate.I beat this last night finally.It certainly would be easy with 5 S rank items.Try doing it with less and come back hehe

Seriously though,get some good kit and come back.It's not worth the hassle.I still never got a real good health boost for either character but I managed in the end.If you got a good health pool,it's infinitely easier.

CLB Left 4 Dead
10-31-2009, 05:54 PM
I did it on the 2nd attempt killed Jin in like 1 second Oh Yeah, he jumped on next to me drrrrrr with the gatling gun and he just flew off bye bye Jin. Alisa died like halfway through fighting the demons and i didnt have any s rank items on but medium difficulty