PDA

View Full Version : Help With The Play & Charge Kit

BullseyeBounty
02-17-2007, 09:07 PM
So I just bought a play & charge kit with for my 360 and when I turned off my console (while the charge cable was in my controller) and the red light stayed on the controller thing and the 360 was still on even though the green lights were gone (I could hear it and it was still blowing out air)?
So then I unplugged my controller charger from the USB port and the red light indicating it was charging turned off and the 360 finally stopped running. So now my 360 is off and the red light is off teh controller and im wondering if my controller is still charging?

help would be appreciated, thanks.

Troels the kid
02-17-2007, 09:21 PM
Yeah mine does that as well. I guess a fan goes on so it doesnt overheat while charging. When it goes off, you're done. I'm pretty sure its normal :)

Try wrapping your controller in a towel, it might charge itself. :D Just kiddin'.

BullseyeBounty
02-17-2007, 09:28 PM
Yeah mine does that as well. I guess a fan goes on so it doesnt overheat while charging. When it goes off, you're done. I'm pretty sure its normal :)

Try wrapping your controller in a towel, it might charge itself. :D Just kiddin'.

yeah the part im worried about is that the 360 is still getting hot? So i cant charge my controller over night because my 360 would probally overheat

Zef
02-17-2007, 09:38 PM
It won't overheat if you just charge whilst playing and leave it when you want to turn it off. It does keep charging if you leave the cables in and turn the thing off, but you can easily fully charge in an hour or two.

It shouldn't heat up drastically though, so don't worry about overheating.

Dark Fury
02-17-2007, 09:40 PM
The fan is on because the 360 is still in use (charging your pad) so i don't think its charging just because you have the wire connected.

It's only charging when there is a status light on the play and charge kit.

BLOMBOMB
02-17-2007, 09:51 PM
speaking of play-n-charge kits... (i know this has nothing to do with the topic)

My battery pack won't hold a charge. stopped working about a month after I got it.. which was about half a year ago. The longest it will go without being plugged in is about 10 minutes. I suppose I need to return the thing and get one that actually works because having to use a cord (because I'm too cheap to buy batteries) is becoming a pain. I think i still have the package laying around here somewhere.. lol i save everything.

if i couldn't find the package (and of course I don't still have the receipt), do u think that i could take it to some department store and get em to exchange it for me? I know Wal-mart is my best bet for returning crap.

-B