PaleGringo
02-28-2006, 04:22 AM
1. On your Options screen, make the needed changes:

All Star Skill Level
Real Time
Increase all Penalty sliders to the right
Pinning all the way down
Offensive skill and related Human Player sliders all the way up
Defensive skill and all related Human Player sliders DOWN (including Goaltending)
Decrease all CPU Player sliders as much as possible

2. Start a quick game.  Play your fave team against Denmark.  We'll call them All-Star for the sake of writing.  Your friend should be in control of Denmark

3.  Denmark loses the faceoff, press A and down to either side to pass to a defenseman.  Go behind your net.

4. Once a sufficient number of Denmark's players are visible, begin skating up, pulling your RT to speed burst.  When you cross the centerline, have your friend pause and select Team Strategy and then Pull Goaile.  When you are close enough to make the shot, press X.

Score goal with defenseman (Pro)
Score a goal with a defenseman on Pro difficulty or higher.
150GS

Score in Under 1:00 (All-Star)
Score a goal in the first minute of play on All-Star difficulty or higher.
350GS

Depending on the location of the last defender (needs to be between center red line and blue line), you may also get this one:

Score on a breakaway (Amateur)
Score a goal on a breakaway on Amateur difficulty or higher.
50GS

(Not bad for 550 points in less than 30 seconds, huh?)

5. After the goal, you will have a faceoff at center ice.  Let Denmark win the faceoff and skate up to and INTO their goalie.  Repeat as quickly as possible to get a 2-man down.

6. When on 2-man down, make sure Denmark lets you win the next faceoff and have your defenseman (your wings will be in the penalty box) skate back down behind your goal.  Skating 3 on 5 will make the CPU controlled players more agressive, so use Speed Boost (RT) to skate up and past them for a breakaway.

7.  When you cross the centerline, have Denmark pause, and select Team Strategy and then Pull Goaile.  When you are close enough to make the shot, press X.

Score goal when 2 men down (Pro)
Score a goal when 2 men down on Pro difficulty or higher.
200GS 

(750 / 1000, and only about 1 minute, actual game time.  You should still have plenty of time left on your 2 man down)

8. Repeat step 6.

9. When you are on the breakaway, instead of having Denmark pull their goalie, have your friend skate up behind you as you hold X to prepare to make a shot, but DO NOT LET GO OF X. Denmark, once adjacent to you and behind you should begin wiggling their right thumbstick all around.  The words "PENALTY SHOT" should be displayed under the scoreboard and the ref will put the puck on Center Ice.

10. Skate towards the Goalie and have Denmark click their right thumbstick to get into crease control, and look to the extreme side.  Shoot with X to the other side of the net to polish off your 1000GS.

Score on penalty shot (All-Star)
Score a penalty shot on All-Star difficulty or higher.
250GS

Helacool360
02-28-2006, 11:22 AM
Nice tips ...should really help me with that 1000

UraMallas
02-28-2006, 12:50 PM
Wait... so you don't have to be against the CPU to get these points? Or what...

ianc125
02-28-2006, 03:21 PM
thanks this saved me so much time

SpideR NY
03-07-2006, 02:11 AM
well I'm gonna try to do these myself (with two controllers.) Only one I think will be really hard by myself is pen shot. Me and my g/f work differant sch'dls so me asking for help on a game in our limited time together a week will not fly.

All but pen shot are very easy one player. I'll hafta make one of my friends come over later or just send it back with 750

graf1k
03-07-2006, 02:19 AM
Yeah, I was able to get all but the penalty shot by myself using 2 controllers. The penalty shot one seems pretty impossible to do that way from what I've experienced. I tried it with my girlfriend but she is beyond horrible at videogames and got pissed when I kept telling her she was doing it wrong.

ianc125
03-07-2006, 02:58 AM
the penalty shot is the hardest but if you follow the guide ^ closely youll get it all achievements took me about 15 - 20 mins max

aZTEKv2
03-07-2006, 03:01 AM
GRINGO, you did it again homes.

muchas grassy ass for dees teep. ^___^

I know what my next rental is going to be ...

ianc125
03-07-2006, 03:06 AM
its by far the easiest game to get achievements in

SpideR NY
03-08-2006, 04:31 AM
its by far the easiest game to get achievements in I would go with NBA 2k6 because you dont need a 2nd player. Also my girlfriend is sucky at games (except tetris) and wouldnt be much help with this lol

Wet Factory
03-17-2006, 04:59 AM
Wow!!! This is helped so much. I got everything except the penalty shot in less than a minute. Had to teach girlfriend how to play to get the penalty shot!!!

Just2 ProGamerz
03-21-2006, 02:37 AM
that was more like buying some gamerscore than it was renting a game.

Polo Boy
03-25-2006, 12:53 AM
yes I found a good way to do the breakaway achievement by yourself so you dont have to rely on your wife/girlfriend/significant other

You have to hold both joysticks and as you are moving your players up the ice with one control you keep switching the opposition players and keep moving them past your players - eventually you will get past their last defense then let them go and they will come behind and foul you

make sure the opposition player speed is set really low

g4m3r7ag
04-08-2006, 11:31 PM
i dont understand the 2-man down one, whats a 2-man down and what do you mean into their goalie, like go back to their goal and then shoot across the rink on the other one, or give the puck to the goalie or something

kRaZyNeSs
04-12-2006, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the Steps. Should help alot.

g4m3r7ag
04-12-2006, 04:41 PM
ok well i figured out what you mean by 2-man down, but what do you mean by the rest of it, do i take the team that is my opponent and have them win the faceoff, then turn around and go straight back to that teams goal, cause when i did that it just gave the puck to the goalie and nothing happened

xfrancox
04-13-2006, 04:53 PM
I cant seem to get the Penalty Shot achievement on NHL 2K6 to save my life. It sucks.

Maka
04-17-2006, 02:15 AM
lol, just get two penalties very quickly one after the other and then pull the other teams golaie and sore a goal....

@ Routine:
I think you should make this an achievement guide because it's very helpful.... :)

AmpleSteak
04-18-2006, 11:51 PM
TY the only part that wasn't very clear was the penelty shot but i got it :).

g4m3r7ag
04-19-2006, 04:24 PM
i cant get the 2 man down, have to try it some more when i get home, it was supposed to be back at blockbuster like 5 days ago, and i still need an online win in live, time to go to that thread

AmpleSteak
04-19-2006, 11:38 PM
Just beat the shit out of the goalie and wait for a thing under the score to say 2 man adv then pull the goalie and score.

g4m3r7ag
04-20-2006, 12:52 AM
ive done that like 3 times, hell the one time i had 3 guys in the penalty box, ill just have to try it again in a minute

ok i got the 2 men down, but i cant get the penalty shot now, i played two games doind what one guy said in another thread, about going down and holding x and eventually one of their guys will get a penalty, i dont know what constitutes a penalty but my guy was holding the stick back about to shoot, and one of the defenders just came up and hit him in the back, and just smashed his face into the ice and took the puck, no penalty what so ever.

Criminal Act
04-24-2006, 01:29 AM
ive done that like 3 times, hell the one time i had 3 guys in the penalty box, ill just have to try it again in a minute

ok i got the 2 men down, but i cant get the penalty shot now, i played two games doind what one guy said in another thread, about going down and holding x and eventually one of their guys will get a penalty, i dont know what constitutes a penalty but my guy was holding the stick back about to shoot, and one of the defenders just came up and hit him in the back, and just smashed his face into the ice and took the puck, no penalty what so ever.

Boost your stats to full and decrease the opponents stats to nothing. Make penalties full. Start the game up, give the puck to your fastest player on your team. Break through the opponents defence so you have a breakaway and hold X. The opponent will hook,slash or trip you thus resulting in a penaly shot. Hope this helps!

g4m3r7ag
04-24-2006, 02:10 AM
ill have to rent it again and try it

Criminal Act
04-25-2006, 01:19 AM
Nice tips ...should really help me with that 1000

Yes, it works really well. You should definately use his advice. :)

kRaZyNeSs
05-03-2006, 03:43 PM
I'm trying this today. Getting my game from gamefly today or i should be.

D0NALD DUCK
05-03-2006, 06:30 PM
Boost your stats to full and decrease the opponents stats to nothing. Make penalties full. Start the game up, give the puck to your fastest player on your team. Break through the opponents defence so you have a breakaway and hold X. The opponent will hook,slash or trip you thus resulting in a penaly shot. Hope this helps!

Make penalties full? Does that mean move the sliders to the left or right?

skuff
05-06-2006, 09:01 PM
nice guide, got it in exactly 11 minutes with pauses, all in the first game too lol :D ... would have got it in 5 if my g/f had a clue what she was doing :confused:

have to admit though, i do feel a bit ashamed at the piss taking easyness of those 1000 points, especially compared to fifa.. and pretty much everything else ive played

kRaZyNeSs
05-09-2006, 12:49 AM
Thanks for the Guide. I just got my 1000 points :)

Botmasher
06-17-2006, 05:34 AM
Worked like a charm! Like everyone, I was having trouble w/ penalty achi. PaleGringo's strategy fixed that. Tks!!

PaleGringo
06-17-2006, 06:18 AM
Awesome good, Botmasher et. al.

I'm glad this worked out for you guys... still the easiest 1K points I've got in my collection.

Here's to 15K!

Oryan
06-22-2006, 12:15 AM
I did everything today in about 10 minutes. That penalty shot was a bitch - but then I finally got one called on me and scored on the first try. I love this game, but I'm returning it tomorrow. :)

PaleGringo
06-23-2006, 04:13 PM
Sweet. Was that not the easiest 1000 points you've ever seen? Here's to many more!

MikeS437
06-23-2006, 06:29 PM
I cant do it!!!! i have tried and tried and tried again and again to get the penalty shot achievement but i cant seem to even get someone to foul me to even attempt to get the penalty shot. I am so pissed that i cant get the last 250 gamerpoints! If any one has any tips please let me know, it woudl be greatly appriciated.
Thanks,
Mike

Helacool360
06-23-2006, 06:42 PM
I cant do it!!!! i have tried and tried and tried again and again to get the penalty shot achievement but i cant seem to even get someone to foul me to even attempt to get the penalty shot. I am so pissed that i cant get the last 250 gamerpoints! If any one has any tips please let me know, it woudl be greatly appriciated.
Thanks,
Mike

You are not the only one, I've been sitting at 750 for awhile also which still pisses me off.

MikeS437
06-23-2006, 06:52 PM
I know!, i mean i only got the game today from gamefly and got all of the other achievements in 5 minutes but then when i go to try the last penalty shot achievement i cant do it! i must have played 4 different games trying and trying but still no penalty shots called. it gets me so mad but i really need those 250 if i want to get to 10k.

Helacool360
06-23-2006, 07:32 PM
I know!, i mean i only got the game today from gamefly and got all of the other achievements in 5 minutes but then when i go to try the last penalty shot achievement i cant do it! i must have played 4 different games trying and trying but still no penalty shots called. it gets me so mad but i really need those 250 if i want to get to 10k.

I really need them if I want to get to 30k:p

MikeS437
06-23-2006, 08:35 PM
do you know if i can get this achievement on an online game? cuz if so if you still have thise game then maybe me and you could go online and see if we could get it for one an other.

Helacool360
06-23-2006, 09:20 PM
do you know if i can get this achievement on an online game? cuz if so if you still have thise game then maybe me and you could go online and see if we could get it for one an other.

Unfortunately No, trust me I've tried.....FOR 3 DAYS!!:mad:

MikeS437
06-23-2006, 09:29 PM
crap, that sucks. I dont think i am ever gonna get this achievement. Unless i can teach my dad how to play but i think i'll have better luck teaching my dog. lol. Well hope you have better luck than me. And if anyone else has gotten this achievement can you let everyone on this forum know the trick, i just wanna send this one back and get mlb 2k6 to get another easy 1000 :)

MikeS437
06-23-2006, 11:44 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I finally did it, i finally got that stupid achievement. I figured out the perfect way on getting the penalty shot achievement. You must do exaclty as that first few tips tells you to do! You must:
1.put fouls all the way up
2.Offensive skills all the way up!!!(very important, i forgot to do this and tried so many times but never succeeded until i did that) also make sure you put the boosting or sprinting up all the way!!
3. Defensive skills down!(I know this sounds stupid, but it really does work!)
4. Dont forget to turn off-sides to OFF!!
5. Play as the world all-stars against denmark
6. While in quick game win the face-off and sprint towards your net and get in the back, wait until you see a few of the opposing team people there and then sprint straight down the ice
7. when near the net hold the X button but dont release yet, and try to move your person to one of the corners of their teams net and the cpu should foul you and you get a penalty shot

The penalty shot is really easy to score since you are playing such a horrible team. I hope this helps those who were stuck like me. And if you have any questions about this advice just ask me and i hope i can answer you.:)

JJBDude
06-25-2006, 12:17 PM
Ths thread has helped me a hell of a lot, I must applause those of you who took the time in writing the description to help peope like me out, thankyou. :)

Sylentman
06-26-2006, 12:45 AM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I finally did it, i finally got that stupid achievement. I figured out the perfect way on getting the penalty shot achievement. You must do exaclty as that first few tips tells you to do! You must:
1.put fouls all the way up
2.Offensive skills all the way up!!!(very important, i forgot to do this and tried so many times but never succeeded until i did that) also make sure you put the boosting or sprinting up all the way!!
3. Defensive skills down!(I know this sounds stupid, but it really does work!)
4. Dont forget to turn off-sides to OFF!!
5. Play as the world all-stars against denmark
6. While in quick game win the face-off and sprint towards your net and get in the back, wait until you see a few of the opposing team people there and then sprint straight down the ice
7. when near the net hold the X button but dont release yet, and try to move your person to one of the corners of their teams net and the cpu should foul you and you get a penalty shot

The penalty shot is really easy to score since you are playing such a horrible team. I hope this helps those who were stuck like me. And if you have any questions about this advice just ask me and i hope i can answer you.:)

This information does not help me! :uzi:NHL 2k6 Achievements.

KilluhKam
06-26-2006, 01:27 AM
nice im gonna have to rent this game and try this out

JJBDude
06-26-2006, 08:05 AM
This information does not help me! :uzi:NHL 2k6 Achievements.

What achievement are you stuck on? I'll try help you out. :)

Chuppernicus
06-26-2006, 06:40 PM
what a kick in the nuts!
I see most gamers finally getting this but I still can't get the computer to foul me. I was able to move the players two at a time back toward my goal by switching to each one real quick but when I get on the break away my guy would veer to far away from the goal or the defender would wait till I stopped and then hit me from the front. I know how to get it to work but just need another person that knows what they are doing. My wife is too busy this week and I don't think she has the patients for it. I'll have to offer a backrub to her if I rent it again if she helps me get it.

PaleGringo
06-26-2006, 08:29 PM
Ths thread has helped me a hell of a lot, I must applause those of you who took the time in writing the description to help peope like me out, thankyou. :)

Very welcome, bro. Glad to be of service.

TimidKillah
06-30-2006, 12:07 AM
I must agree!!! I used this guide and everything worked out great!!! I've never played a hockey game before. It took me longer to understand the terminology of the game than actually getting the achievements:p Funny thing is that after I did my achievements, I turned around and got them for my sons account(with his help) in literally 5 mins.:nana Nice work :woop: :woop:

Sylentman
07-01-2006, 08:04 PM
What achievement are you stuck on? I'll try help you out. :)

i only need to unlock a stupid penalty shot!

bdg7884
07-06-2006, 08:56 PM
I can't for the life of me get this damn penalty shot! I get on a breakaway and they just plow me into the ice. Or just get a penalty. Do i have to shoot when they are fouling me or just hold it? Can anyone give me more tips on what's going on??

bdg7884
07-06-2006, 09:10 PM
Nevermind. I GOT IT! That one was tough. I recommend turning all penalties down and penalty shot up! Than try and get a breakaway when they do their line change. Once I changed the penalty stuff one breakaway and got it. All I can say is good luck to everyone else...

III SS III
07-07-2006, 03:41 PM
Great guide...many kudos:bow:

TheIcemanCometh
07-09-2006, 07:23 PM
Got mine today - thanks PaleGringo!

PaleGringo
07-10-2006, 07:36 PM
All who use this...

:woop: Go Achievements! Go Achievements! It's yo Birthday! :woop:

EL3ANOR
07-10-2006, 08:12 PM
Nice Guide ;)
Thx m8

AJJets107
07-20-2006, 01:41 PM
I am going to try this right now.

PaleGringo
07-20-2006, 11:05 PM
4/5 so far. Nice start on it.

DisturbedDan
07-21-2006, 12:51 AM
thanks for the faq man. Got them all in about 5 mins.

AJJets107
07-21-2006, 12:50 PM
4/5 so far. Nice start on it.
Yeah, I still need the Penalty Shot I am going to turn Penalty all the way down and Penalty Shots up and put the roughness all the way up to. I hope that will help me.

AJJets107
07-23-2006, 03:05 AM
Damnit I can't get the PS achievements none of these work. I am really pissed off right now.

TheBatfink
07-29-2006, 02:11 PM
Anyone care to elaborate on "let denmark win the faceoff then skate into their goalie".. Skating into there goalie does nothing when I do it??

Reech
07-29-2006, 09:27 PM
I got this today and heres how:

2 player (myself and a housemate). I was World AS and he was Denmark. We turned down all the fouls except Hooking and Penalty Shot.

Using the tactic of myself retaining the puck behind my goal and then charging forward, whilst he pulled men down until I was on a breakaway. Then, using LT + B from behind he would hook me repeatedly. A delayed penalty was usually awarded straight away and then a penalty shot (I stood still shooting whilst he just kept on hooking).

Then using the 'send keeper one way' technique, I'd score.

We also managed to get penalty shots on a standard quick game; me vs him at-least twice without intending too.

TheBatfink
07-30-2006, 08:48 AM
So whats this delayed penalty, I can get those, but a timer just starts and we have a face off near their goal. Im not sure how I go about getting the actually penalty shot..

Also, you got any tips for getting the 2 men down?

Welcome to the forum mate.

Reech
07-31-2006, 12:11 AM
I think a delayed penalty happens when you're through and fouled, but advantage is given incase you score? (Not being a NHL fan in the slightest, I assume as much).

But if he just keeps fouling you, you should eventually get a penalty shot.

Getting the 2 men down? I jacked up the penalty bars, got 2 men off and turned them back down (except Hooking/Penalty Shot)

TheBatfink
07-31-2006, 06:26 PM
How do you get them off though, I understand you need to be 2 men down.. Its how to do it :S

Reech
07-31-2006, 10:33 PM
I was just checking everyone by using B.

TSI LILLVILSMYR
08-01-2006, 02:03 PM
have tried this with exactly settings but cant get a penelty .. :mad:

inmuse
08-01-2006, 04:04 PM
I've tried everyones strategies on this page and still can't get the chance to make a Penalty Shot when playing by myself

Any other suggestions on what to do to get this achievement solo?

Jaucko
08-01-2006, 08:23 PM
Simply the only hard part is the penalty shot you need your buddy. Ok all you do is pick anyone against Denmark.

Then you have to go down and hold X (don't shoot) well your buddy (denmark) skates players away from the net.

Then your body comes and presses down on the RS it doesn't work if you press up it might take a little practice.

xX DaSecret Xx
01-11-2007, 11:10 PM
Thanks, saved me alot of time! 1G in 10 min and took 2 trys to get the penelty shot!!!:woop: :drunk

Zef
01-18-2007, 05:56 PM
I've been trying to get the two man down (and penalty) but it would never send players off even if they were given a two minute sin bin. As soon as I get to two men down I can't get the puck off the other team so it times out!

This game is terrible and what is worse is that I am terrible at it.

I did figure out that if you want an easy two man down just send your goalie off then get one guy sent off. Seeing as it never lets me have two players in the sin bin at any one time it should work.

I also tried 'going into the goalie' and it does nothing. The most i got was dislodging the net, that just stopped play for a bit.

jaxtrip
02-07-2007, 03:18 AM
Great tips! This site is awsome! I was stuck on the penalty shot until I showed the wife how to play (she doesn't care for video games at all), and followed the pointers here and had it in less than 10 min!! Thanks again!

Kyton912
02-12-2007, 01:32 AM
sure this sounds retarded but i cant seam to find were u go to change all the sliders do u do it in the main menus or in the game

ContrastElement
02-13-2007, 03:50 AM
the penalty is really getting annoying, someone said hit the golie and score but this stupid 4 on 3, or 4 on 4 crap comes up and i cant get the penalty, i always get delayed or some gay shit, SOMEONE HELP ME

TheColdWolf
04-01-2007, 06:07 PM
Hey, i am going to rent this game agian but is there any way to get thease achivements online?

Jordan7182002
05-04-2007, 12:16 AM
How the hell do you get a penalty shot? I do what this says and I get knocked down while holding X, but NOTHING EVER!!! This is the worst achv evcer.

Farrmark
05-28-2007, 11:15 AM
Cannot get a penalty shot for the life of me :(

Tried all the options listed and nothing :(

Farrmark
05-28-2007, 08:39 PM
Finally got a penalty shot using the Hooking method listed above, then the wife goes and saves the damn thing :mad:

Anyway, much to her annoyance I made her carry on skating through to shoot and after a couple more goes I got another penalty shot and scored :)

This horrible game is going back tomorrow :)

bakardi boy
07-14-2007, 07:53 PM
a friend of mine said this game was hard to get all 1000 but i guess he was wrong:woop:

Graham31004
07-21-2007, 10:48 AM
Tips worked great. Only thing that I can say is, don't try and add a friend during a game or you won't get the achievement. I got the penalty shot and then my friend joined the game and I paid the goal but got no achievement. The next time we both started the game on different teams and when I made the penalty shot, I got the 250 GS.

Owen H Brown
08-02-2007, 10:48 AM
I just spent a game trying to get the penalty goal achievement but with no luck. I assume it's because I was playing by myself and the CPU doesn't seem to want to commit the fouls.

Is this the reason?

Should I keep trying or just wait until I have someone over my house to help me?

LeX
08-23-2007, 12:41 AM
Any advice on what to do if you don't have another person to help you get the penalty shot achievement?

KISMO
04-21-2008, 02:25 PM
i seem to get the peneltys easier playing against the computer but cant score so got my g.friend on for the pen shot but no achievement can you not change player mid way through the game??? please help

YoungFate
06-14-2008, 12:59 AM
I just scored on a penelty shot took me 30mins to do it and no achievment :(

Shen2008
06-14-2008, 07:57 PM
In a 20mins game i got around 10 penalty shots. Here are the settings i used You will need a 2nd controller but you can do this yourself:

1. Select Quick Game
2. Player 1: Pick North America All Stars
3. Player 2: Pick Denmark
4. In the next screen press Y to change settings
5. Rules: (i changed)

Skill Level: All Stars
Period Length: 20mins
Penalties: On
Offside: Off

6. Press RT to go to Penalties page:

Move all sliders to the left than move each one to the right twice.
Penalty Shots: Move the slider all the way to the right

7. Press RT to go to Features Page

Move Pinning all the way to the left

8. Press RT to go to Game Play Human

Move all sliders to the right

9. Press RT to go to Game Play CPU

Goalie Skill: all the way to the left
Offense Skill: all the way to the right
Deffense Skill: all the way to the right

10. Start Game

11. Let player 2 get hold of the puck and than move him all the way behind
or near player 1 goal keeper

12. Than use player 1 and grab the put.

13. Now make sure Player 2 controlled player (green) remains on player 1 side of the court.

14. Player 1 with the put press and hold RT and run toward player 2 goalkeeper.

15. When you pass the last defender, release RT and press and hold X

16. 50:50 chance the last defender will foul you given you a penalty shot.

17. If not repeat.

Remember it is important player 2 controlled player is on the otherside of the court. So that player 2 defenders will be CPU controlled.

Hope it clear up some confusion about the settings and give you a clearer idea how it is done.

Goodluck!

hurkyharry
06-15-2008, 05:51 PM
thanks i gone buy this game.
for my acc and that i have no sport games.
and yeah it is only 10euro's ( in netherlands )
this could better the achievements guide!

KingJames1611
06-20-2008, 08:16 AM
This guide was very helpful.
I recommend the In-Depth Penalty Shot: Different Solution, Solo (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=47499) for help with the PS achievement.
Thanks Guys!

Ryot Control
07-01-2008, 10:09 PM
In a 20mins game i got around 10 penalty shots. Here are the settings i used You will need a 2nd controller but you can do this yourself:

1. Select Quick Game
2. Player 1: Pick North America All Stars
3. Player 2: Pick Denmark
4. In the next screen press Y to change settings
5. Rules: (i changed)

Skill Level: All Stars
Period Length: 20mins
Penalties: On
Offside: Off

6. Press RT to go to Penalties page:

Move all sliders to the left than move each one to the right twice.
Penalty Shots: Move the slider all the way to the right

7. Press RT to go to Features Page

Move Pinning all the way to the left

8. Press RT to go to Game Play Human

Move all sliders to the right

9. Press RT to go to Game Play CPU

Goalie Skill: all the way to the left
Offense Skill: all the way to the right
Deffense Skill: all the way to the right

10. Start Game

11. Let player 2 get hold of the puck and than move him all the way behind
or near player 1 goal keeper

12. Than use player 1 and grab the put.

13. Now make sure Player 2 controlled player (green) remains on player 1 side of the court.

14. Player 1 with the put press and hold RT and run toward player 2 goalkeeper.

15. When you pass the last defender, release RT and press and hold X

16. 50:50 chance the last defender will foul you given you a penalty shot.

17. If not repeat.

Remember it is important player 2 controlled player is on the otherside of the court. So that player 2 defenders will be CPU controlled.

Hope it clear up some confusion about the settings and give you a clearer idea how it is done.

Goodluck!

This is the information that FINALLY got me the achievement. This game is finally going away!

Pashos
08-08-2008, 02:27 PM
FINALLY i got the penalty shot by using this guide :D :D

i m redshark
08-08-2008, 04:12 PM
this game seems very easy thanks to this guide, i may have to find it somewhere

Eternal
08-18-2008, 09:16 AM
Holy jesus that's a good guide :)

The thing is, I can't get any achievements (my game 'freezes' at the loading menu screen).

b3nnyth3gr33k
08-18-2008, 09:24 AM
i mite have to go and rent this game seems good

Goatlegged
08-27-2008, 07:03 AM
Awesome guide ... great work

Insane Sugar Rush
09-07-2008, 04:48 PM
Me like this!!

Grogan
02-11-2009, 01:39 AM
Hey guys...looking for an online friend that I can play against. You help me with the 1000 points and I'll do the same. Just two quick games is all it'll take. Send me a friend request with a note saying that you want to boost NHL. Thanks.

dethklok
02-12-2009, 02:41 AM
just keep in mind, one achievement is glitched and it unobtainable.

steamboatidk
02-12-2009, 02:49 AM
wow i have been waiting so long to finish those achievements thanks alot man

GuzzyMe
02-16-2009, 06:49 AM
just keep in mind, one achievement is glitched and it unobtainable.

alright alright what are u on about i have the full 1000

and howcome u have online banjo achievements offline hmmmmmmmmmm fishy????

Gator is sik
04-08-2009, 12:12 AM
works like a charm

Killerspieler
05-26-2009, 01:58 PM
I just got a penalty goal but nothing happens...
WTF ????
Difficult set to "All-Stars"

Damnit i hate this achievement ...

Agent4ortySe7en
06-01-2009, 09:50 PM
Thanks for the guide, it worked like a charm

Dack124
07-05-2009, 03:23 PM
These achievements are so easy, but thanks!

GamerTOr
07-15-2009, 12:30 PM
Good tip Thanks very much ..

Suzukmepa
01-23-2010, 05:29 PM
On the penalty shot i didnt have two man advantage or anything, you just have to make sure all the penalty sliders are to the right. A penalty shot is awarded for illegally impeding a player on a breakaways progress.

MediumMelanin
04-21-2010, 04:03 PM
hmm are all of the achievements offline? If so, im picking this up NOW!

xNUKEx
05-08-2010, 08:59 AM
nice guide thanks

Jericholic101
07-03-2010, 01:57 AM
will have to give this a try. thanks for all the tips.

Dazed iLLusion
08-28-2010, 04:41 PM
Excellent guide thanks!

Rab1d Rh1no
10-01-2010, 01:58 AM
Nice this will be my first 1000, my friend is lending me it tomorrow

YBEAR
11-12-2012, 01:24 AM
love games like this...thanks for the quick tips

NetroDude
12-04-2012, 11:38 AM
Yeah easy 1000

Plox2
02-09-2013, 12:03 PM
Did it without a 2nd controller. The tricky part is the penalty shot (took me about 2h to figure it out). The rest of the achievements you can easily do by your self in about 15 minutes.

Mr.Pink26
03-07-2013, 04:52 PM
Huge help, great guide. Thanks!!!!!

JonTheDamaja
01-09-2014, 06:44 PM
Obtained all achievements in like 10 minutes.