PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Ball: Raging Blast - Your thoughts?

PinkFoxx
11-01-2009, 11:08 AM
I'm super psyched about this game! Although me being a major Dragonball & Dragonball Z fan probably contributes to this, I really do think (and hope) it's going to be as good as it looks (I've totally pre-ordered the Collectors Edition which looks sooo cool!).

At first I was a bit skeptical about the fact that they would be including a SSJ3 Vegeta & Broly but the more I read into it the better it seems, normally it would have been a silly idea but with the 'what if' section it will work in really well and gives a fresh approach to the story.

Eventually I hope to see a DBZ RPG out for 360 but this is probably just wishful thinking on my part.

What are your thoughts on the upcoming Raging Blast game?

alleno31
11-01-2009, 05:26 PM
same here where did u preorder the collectors edition

Nathan WV10
11-01-2009, 05:31 PM
Have you both played the Demo ?

alleno31
11-02-2009, 10:59 AM
yeah its good but took me a while to get the controls

Jaden Arbiter
11-04-2009, 05:21 PM
To be honest I can't think of one positive factor this game has, they are all negative. Well, all but the nice sound and look of the generic energy blasts. The graphics are ok at best but they aren't going to make you think you are playing something better animated than one of the series' PS2/Wii ports; the gameplay is just as shallow with three new, albeit very minor, add-ons; the cast of characters has been severely downsized; and there is absolutely nothing new at all about the mode features it offers.

Apparently Spike strongly believes their consumers will be dumb enough to continually buy the same product, even if overtly downsized so they will lose money in their purchase. Unfortunately they are correct, but fortunately they have lost their license to the series for the time being, so we will probably see, for the first time, a good Dragon Ball game next year.

xfaxdantex
11-07-2009, 11:48 AM
i think its will be worth buying cos they may not have a load of people to play as or stages but they can put that in dlc

DarkZero
11-13-2009, 11:45 PM
To be honest I can't think of one positive factor this game has, they are all negative. Well, all but the nice sound and look of the generic energy blasts. The graphics are ok at best but they aren't going to make you think you are playing something better animated than one of the series' PS2/Wii ports; the gameplay is just as shallow with three new, albeit very minor, add-ons; the cast of characters has been severely downsized; and there is absolutely nothing new at all about the mode features it offers.

Apparently Spike strongly believes their consumers will be dumb enough to continually buy the same product, even if overtly downsized so they will lose money in their purchase. Unfortunately they are correct, but fortunately they have lost their license to the series for the time being, so we will probably see, for the first time, a good Dragon Ball game next year.

lol the ps2/wii tenkaichi games graphics are blocky, mishapen, and are animated horrifically. The games are fun no doubt, but that is undeniable. Raging Blast however is a pretty good looking game, and is still clunky as far as animations go but the improvement is there.

Secondly, Spike is the developer, not the publisher. They have deadlines to meet and bosses to please. They can't do everything they want to do in one game. If you want to blame anyone for lack of innovation, blame Namco Bandai. Not sure if you noticed this, but when it comes to Dragonball Z, Namco Bandai expects fans to pick it up regardless of content, and do not care if the game is decent or not. Which is why each Budokai game improved upon the previous entry, same for the Tenkaichi games.

Regardless, Raging Blast is a fine game, and if you're a fan of the Tenkaichi games and can't enjoy it you're probably being too critical. So while you're moaning, the rest of us will be enjoying the game and anticipating the 2nd, or DLC. Whichever comes first.

Salsa di Omega
11-14-2009, 12:09 AM
lol the ps2/wii tenkaichi games graphics are blocky, mishapen, and are animated horrifically. The games are fun no doubt, but that is undeniable. Raging Blast however is a pretty good looking game, and is still clunky as far as animations go but the improvement is there.

Secondly, Spike is the developer, not the publisher. They have deadlines to meet and bosses to please. They can't do everything they want to do in one game. If you want to blame anyone for lack of innovation, blame Namco Bandai. Not sure if you noticed this, but when it comes to Dragonball Z, Namco Bandai expects fans to pick it up regardless of content, and do not care if the game is decent or not. Which is why each Budokai game improved upon the previous entry, same for the Tenkaichi games.

Regardless, Raging Blast is a fine game, and if you're a fan of the Tenkaichi games and can't enjoy it you're probably being too critical. So while you're moaning, the rest of us will be enjoying the game and anticipating the 2nd, or DLC. Whichever comes first.

Exactly, they obviously had to redo a lot of things. I expected less considering the timeframe since BT3 two years ago. Namco Bandai pays the bills, so while I'm sure there are people that worked on the game who felt it wasn't finished, the key decisions aren't really up to them.

We all know by now that Namco Bandai is essentially the Japanese EA...except EA has improved as the 360 has aged (in general, but there are still occasional blunders). Namco Bandai has not.

SoulReaver626
11-21-2009, 10:52 AM
This game could have been great...
But they messed it up in so many ways.

The absolute worst thing about the game is how blatantly the CPU cheats and it does so at every available opportunity.There's so many variations of cheating going on that I can't even bring myself to list them,but it's obvious and constant.

Also,the achievements are just as horrid as the last 360 DBZ game.I have almost half of them and somewhere around 300 points to show for it.When the controls/cheating are this terrible,there's nothing you can do to convince me to play this game on hard mode.

They also left out a huge amount of characters and tried making it not seem so by using multiple slots on the character selection screen for the same person despite the fact that they all have sub-lists of multiple forms.

The graphics are great tho.

The story mode is sadly still terrible.I remember only one DBZ game that ever had a good story mode.It was one of the first (possibly THE first) ones on PS2 and they used the lines right from the most important scenes along with beautiful cell-shaded graphics and voice work.No game since then has done that.The true-to-the-show cutscenes are what make the story mode for me.DBZ has so much emotion and excitement in the action of the story that it's inexcusable for all but one game to leave it out.

I do,however LOVE the "What If" story and characters.Two positive things.Everything else about this game blows.

Jaws_of_Oblivion
11-21-2009, 12:10 PM
So far, the game is better than expected. Good graphics, Great online, improved battle system and hard achievements, no noob friendly achievements like we get in 90 % of the games. Finally a developer that understands the concept of achievements.

However, mediocre fanservice and some imbalances in the gameplay keep this game for being great.

Zombified Jake
11-21-2009, 12:25 PM
First DBZ game I've played in a while and I'm loving it. Fighting, graphics, story all great. The only downside is the blatant exclusion of several characters from the story and using levels that don't match specific fights e.g. didn't make an inside Buu/King Kai's home level.

These are obviously being withheld for a future Raging Blast (or DLC).

mrfunkyjunkie
11-21-2009, 01:06 PM
picked up the game the other day. eB screwed me over (apparently they cancelled their orders of collectors edition, without telling anyone til pickup day) <- anyhoo. thats a different story..

this game is 'alright' when you compare it against the other DB/DBZ offerings for xbox/360 it definitely rates higher than the past 2 released (dbz sagas sucked, and DBZ burst limit, was well limited)

its a bit sad that bandai had to pump out saga's + burst limit before this one, makes me think they've just taken the good parts out of each without much thought over how to improve the fighting experience and put it on par with budokai. Also the camera angles in this game are rather sucky and the game difficulty is mediocre (why are the first few levels so damn hard, but the later ones are a breeze)

the controls are iffy' at best, i particularly dont like the requirement of circular mashing the left stick to recover from blows.

the budokai series is still the best in my honest opinion.

PinkFoxx
11-29-2009, 07:32 AM
picked up the game the other day. eB screwed me over (apparently they cancelled their orders of collectors edition, without telling anyone til pickup day) <- anyhoo. thats a different story..

this game is 'alright' when you compare it against the other DB/DBZ offerings for xbox/360 it definitely rates higher than the past 2 released (dbz sagas sucked, and DBZ burst limit, was well limited)

its a bit sad that bandai had to pump out saga's + burst limit before this one, makes me think they've just taken the good parts out of each without much thought over how to improve the fighting experience and put it on par with budokai. Also the camera angles in this game are rather sucky and the game difficulty is mediocre (why are the first few levels so damn hard, but the later ones are a breeze)

the controls are iffy' at best, i particularly dont like the requirement of circular mashing the left stick to recover from blows.

the budokai series is still the best in my honest opinion.

Don't worry EB did the same to me but it wasn't their fault. It was the vendors and apparently it was sold out as a Jb hi fi exclusive. So I got a dvd and goku figure as consolation and then just bought it from JB anyway.

I like this game, the animation is nice. But is it just me or is this game like really really difficult??

pinheadhunter
12-01-2009, 09:11 AM
personally i love the game simply cuz i luv tenkaichi lol. although sadly id have to say tenkaichi 3 was better except the graphics and the online in this one... and i dont think its to hard at all. except the achievement in score attack... but then again ive pretty much mastered every tenkaichi game to date so that kinda makes it easier although the camera is quite annoying! and they left out so many characters that should have been in there. like ultimate/mystic gohan and dabura.. and alot of movie characters... how can you have gogeta yet no janemba come on!

edgespear
12-01-2009, 04:45 PM
I can't currently afford this game but i'm wondering if it's worth paying 30 for it or should I wait 'til the price comes down?
Does it still feel like you're restricted to moving around in set areas or is it a bit more free? How does the game compare to Tenkaichi?

Takamura Bear
12-05-2009, 08:59 PM
I'm still on the fence about whether or not to get this game. I played the demo and thought it was ok. I had issues with the camera and the controls. The graphics look very nice though.

I still play Tenkaichi 3 all the time on the PS2, which I think is the best DBZ game thus far. It just had everything you could ever want in a DBZ game.