PDA

View Full Version : Secret Notes = Encore Performances

Teddythegr8one
11-01-2009, 04:06 PM
After playing a few songs this morning, i have come to the conclusion that the "encore" songs are the secret notes.. Just like GH5 they have a lighter next to them.. I am not sure if this has been mentioned, but i guess we will get 490 for completing all encores?! haha at least it seems so.. i will continue to play and update!

Teddythegr8one
11-01-2009, 04:24 PM
upon review, there might be a little more to it.. I did Jackson 5 and didnt get it, but just got lily allen.. either they have another song, or you need a certain score/percent for it? we will see..

SK L4xX
11-01-2009, 05:16 PM
i guess you have to hit all screts notes dont ya? we played a song and 2 got an achievement for secrets notes and the other 2 dont

E++
11-01-2009, 06:33 PM
Correct, I've just gotten the achievement by playing most song in the difficulty I usually play in (Hard), but dropping down to Medium and FC'ing the songs for the few that didn't unlock on my normal play.

T-Hybrid
11-02-2009, 03:06 AM
So it's hitting 100% of the notes in the given songs? Well I suppose that makes it a little more worthwhile.

steve36ty
11-02-2009, 12:10 PM
After playing a few songs this morning, i have come to the conclusion that the "encore" songs are the secret notes.. Just like GH5 they have a lighter next to them.. I am not sure if this has been mentioned, but i guess we will get 490 for completing all encores?! haha at least it seems so.. i will continue to play and update!

I have at least 4 secret notes that are NOT encores
Here's my take on what to do -

Example 1 -
Secret Notes 8 - Hint: *v***s***c*
Spells 'Evenesence'
I got this one playing 'Bring Me To Life' on Hard Guitar
My score summary showed 100% notes hit on the
'Afterlife 1' section of the song

I think the secret notes require you to FC specific verses/solos
on hard guitar or bass for the song shown in the clue

Nothing seems to Unlock on Medium or lower
and the achieves are specific to certain instruments

Example 2 -
Secret Notes 18 - Hint: **y O******
Spells 'Roy Orbiston'
I got this one on 'Oh Pretty Woman' on Hard Bass
My Score summary showed 100% notes hit on Hard Bass riffs 1 & 3

Some others are -
Secret notes 9 - Hinder - Hard Guitar - Solo B
Secret Notes 17 - All American Rejects - Hard Bass - Verse 1B or 2A or 2B
Secret Notes 13 - Spice Girls - Hard Guitar - Storytime

And so on . . . . .

I have a Guide in progress which will be posted soon

EDIT
-----
Now tested on other profiles
You can use - ANY INSTRUMENT on ANY DIFFICULTY
I'm still not 100% sure which part of each song is the secret so just F/C them all

baardhimself
11-02-2009, 07:16 PM
I would imagine that there is a random note in each particular song you just have to play, obviously FC'ing a song would unlock it.. I could be wrong but thats just what common sense suggests it is.

Fielders Choice
11-02-2009, 08:56 PM
First things first, Here's the list of all the secret notes and what song you need to play.

Secret Notes 1 5GS Hint: *e*** *c******y - PLAY Jesse McCarthy - Beautiful Soul
Secret Notes 2 5GS Hint: **n** ***k*** - PLAY Janet Jackson's Black Cat
Secret Notes 3 5GS Hint: *** *ol**** ****e* PLAY The Rolling Stones' Honky Talk Woman
Secret Notes 4 5GS Hint: **l* *ll** PLAY Lily Allen's Take What You Take
Secret Notes 5 5GS Hint: A** * A* - PLAY Aly & AJ's Like Whoa
Secret Notes 6 5GS Hint: ***o*n 5 PLAY Maroon 5 She Will Be Loved
Secret Notes 7 5GS Hint: **v** *o*** - PLAY David Bowie's Let's Dance
Secret Notes 8 5GS Hint: *v***s***c* - PLAY Evanesence's Bring Me To Life
Secret Notes 9 5GS Hint: H***** - PLAY Hinder's Lips of An Angel
Secret Notes 10 5GS Hint: *a* B****a* - PLAY Pat Benatar's Love is a Battlefield
Secret Notes 11 5GS Hint: *o ***b* - PLAY No Doubt's Don't Speak
Secret Notes 12 5GS Hint: ***v** **y* PLAY Marvin Gaye's I Heard It Through the Grapevine
Secret Notes 13 5GS Hint: **i** *i*** - PLAY Spice Girls Wannabe
Secret Notes 14 5GS Hint: **ll*** ****l* PLAY Village People YMCA
Secret Notes 15 5GS Hint: **l*** **ff - PLAY Hilary Duff's So Yesterday
Secret Notes 16 5GS Hint: *e***w***d - PLAY Yellowcard's Ocean Avenue
Secret Notes 17 5GS Hint: *h* *ll-**e***** **j**** -PLAY The All-American Reject's Dirty Little Secret
Secret Notes 18 5GS Hint: **y O****** PLAY Roy Orbison's Oh Pretty Woman
Secret Notes 19 5GS Hint: **r* **u**** PLAY Carl Douglas' Kung Fu Fighting

Second thing to note is you can get them all on quick play on Beginner singing or humming. yes you need to pretty much 5 star them 98% or better. I did them all in under 3 hours and got the 490 GS for collecting them all.

Barfo
11-03-2009, 12:27 AM
I would imagine that there is a random note in each particular song you just have to play, obviously FC'ing a song would unlock it.. I could be wrong but thats just what common sense suggests it is.
According to this devblog that went up over the weekend:
http://hub.guitarhero.com/dev-blog-band-hero-treasure-hunt-achievement/

You are basically correct, except it seems that there are multiple secret notes in each song (its probably a phrase like star power /etc, except not indicated). But they confirm that for each song you can do it on any instrument / any difficulty, you just have to hit all of the 'secret notes' on that instrument/difficulty.