PDA

View Full Version : Forum Ranks?

killerjt
02-28-2006, 05:36 AM
What if we had forum ranks to help cut down on the spam? Over at the xbox.com forums they have Community User Levels based on the quality of your posts. You cannot see how many posts you have and the moderaters control your comunity level. This way we will not have people posting just to get a higher post cout. If they do start spaming, we can lower there rank and ban them if it becomes a problem. Quality is better then quanity.

Minty
02-28-2006, 02:04 PM
the way to deal with spamming is what has already happend, and impose temporary bans. if people are getting pissed off with it, then something needs o be done.

but who actually cares about the post count???

DarkLif3
02-28-2006, 02:52 PM
I don't think any one here really cares about post count as far as I've seen. We all pretty much know the quality of posts when we see the names am I right? ;D

scoobydiesel
03-01-2006, 01:05 AM
I dont Care much but if a palce doesnt actuly have a post count i find myself getting bord, its a little game to me but i try to make as good of post as i can when i "spam" even tho it shouldnt be considerd "spam"

I like to play little games with say Minty or Gamertag to see who stays in the lead btu hey we all do good posts so its nto spam...unless your stupid and jsut say its spam wiel your the one really spaming

Minty
03-01-2006, 05:38 PM
scoob, this doesnt count as spam

but www.dictionary.com ;) :D :D

g4m3r7ag
03-01-2006, 05:40 PM
i thought of doing that but i thought it would be too mean, incase you havent noticed yet though we have a spell check button now

Minty
03-01-2006, 05:43 PM
mean, na!! its only scooby ;D ;D

he knows im messing....