PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Age: Origins Collector's Edition exclusive items

Atessero
11-02-2009, 05:33 PM
I already pre-ordered my regular edition of the game at Gamestop, so I'll be getting the Stone Prisoner and Warden's Keep for free. However, I saw that in the Collector's Edition you get a Bonus DVD with things like concept art videos, wallpapers, tips, The Making Of Documentary, a cloth map and the items Bergens Honor, Grimoire of the Frozen Wastes, Final Reason.

I'm only going to be paying about $20 because I have Gamestop store credit and games I want to trade in, so does anyone think that this Collector's Edition would be worth an extra $55 in my situation? Also, do you guys think that the items Bergens Honor, Grimoire of the Frozen Wastes, Final Reason would eventually be available as a DLC?

Richie Sambuca
11-02-2009, 05:44 PM
From what I understand, you don't get Warden's Keep free with the CE, unless that's a Gamestop pre-order exclusive.

Atessero
11-02-2009, 05:45 PM
From what I understand, you don't get Warden's Keep free with the CE, unless that's a Gamestop pre-order exclusive.

Since I pre-ordered it from Gamestop I get the Blood Dragon Armor, Warden's Keep and Stone Prisoner DLCs for free but I got the regular edition. I heard from them that all three of those DLCs will be free with the Collector's Edition, as well.

Richie Sambuca
11-02-2009, 05:54 PM
Since I pre-ordered it from Gamestop I get the Blood Dragon Armor, Warden's Keep and Stone Prisoner DLCs for free but I got the regular edition. I heard from them that all three of those DLCs will be free with the Collector's Edition, as well.

I preordered the CE from EA and it doesn't say anything about Warden's Keep being availalbe with purchase. My preorder also comes with two DLC rings: the Memory Band and Band of Fire. I haven't heard of this stuff (or the three items Bergens Honor, Grimoire of the Frozen Wastes, Final Reason) becoming future DLC, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it somewhere down the line.

Atessero
11-02-2009, 06:01 PM
I preordered the CE from EA and it doesn't say anything about Warden's Keep being availalbe with purchase. My preorder also comes with two DLC rings: the Memory Band and Band of Fire. I haven't heard of this stuff (or the three items Bergens Honor, Grimoire of the Frozen Wastes, Final Reason) becoming future DLC, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it somewhere down the line.

Yeah, I saw those two items, too. Well I hope they do.

TwistedFate
11-02-2009, 07:41 PM
Warden's Keep is only free with the PC Digital Deluxe version. It is to compensate for the lack of a cloth map and metal case. It's $7 for everybody else, regardless of which version you got.

The Stone Prisoner is the only free DLC you get with DA, and you only get that if you buy it new.

Ackis
11-02-2009, 07:58 PM
I've got the digital deluxe edition for th CP and the special whatever it's called edition for the xbox pre-ordered.

Waiting to see if I can sync my DLC/etc between the two copies.

blueberrypete
11-02-2009, 08:26 PM
They couldn't even fill half the limited edition pre-orders at my local Gamestop. I hope you guys have better luck.

MacPhisto
11-02-2009, 11:54 PM
Yeah I wanted to pre-order the CE at GameStop to get their exclusive pre-order items but they cut off the pre-orders for it at least 2 to 3 months ago - I've NEVER seen a pre-order cut off that early there before! It's sold out just about everywhere else too, even Amazon. I was lucky to get one of the last pre-orders left at my local Best Buy. The only place left that I've seen that still has it is EA's website.

stryxrecon
11-03-2009, 03:45 AM
For clarification sake:

Regular Edition
*Game Disc
*Shale DLC

Collector's Edition
*Game Disc
*Metal Case
*Cloth Map
*Shale DLC
*"Making of" DVD
*Blood Dragon Armor for DAO & ME2
*Bergen's Honor DLC (Helm) - +2 Armor, +25 Physical Resistance, +6 Attack
*Grimoire of the Frozen Wastes DLC (Book) - +3 to all attributes when read
*Final Reason DLC (Staff) - Adds to dmg, spell power, and fire dmg

PC Digital Deluxe
*Game Download
*Shale DLC
*Warden's Keep DLC (offered in place of CEs physical extras)

Pre-Order Bonuses
*Memory Band (All)
*Band of Fire (EA Exclusive)
*The Wicked Oath (Steam Exclusive)
*$10 off future VG purchase & The Lion's Paw Boots (Amazon Exclusive)
*Feral Wolf Charm (Gamestop & Play.com Exclusive)
*Guildmaster's Belt (Game Crazy Exclusive)
*Dalish Ring (Direct2Drive Exclusive)

As far as I can find right now, this is all the content that will be available as of release. Every where has different pre-order bonuses, but the collector's content definitely makes the $15 extra well worth it in my opinion. I get mine from EA tomorrow hopefully...I'm excited to play the game. :woop:

MacPhisto
11-03-2009, 01:39 PM
For clarification sake:

Regular Edition
*Game Disc
*Shale DLC

Collector's Edition
*Game Disc
*Metal Case
*Cloth Map
*Shale DLC
*"Making of" DVD

PC Digital Deluxe
*Game Download
*Shale DLC

Pre-Order Bonuses
*Memory Band (All)

As far as I can find right now, this is all the content that will be available as of release. Every where has different pre-order bonuses, but the collector's content definitely makes the $15 extra well worth it in my opinion. I get mine from EA tomorrow hopefully...I'm excited to play the game. :woop:

The regular edition also gets The Stone Prisoner DLC (or "Shale DLC" as you call it) and the Blood Dragon Armor. From EA's site:

"As an added bonus, Dragon Age: Origins (both original (http://www.ea.com/games/dragon-age-origins) and Collector's Edition (http://www.ea.com/games/dragon-age-origins-collectors)) includes two special pieces of downloadable content: The Stone Prisoner, as well as a suit of Dragon Age themed armor that can be used in Dragon Age: Origins as well as in the upcoming BioWare Shooter RPG, Mass Effect 2 (http://www.ea.com/games/mass-effect-2) on all available platforms."

VA1N
11-03-2009, 01:46 PM
For clarification sake:

Regular Edition
*Game Disc
*Shale DLC

Collector's Edition
*Game Disc
*Metal Case
*Cloth Map
*Shale DLC
*"Making of" DVD

PC Digital Deluxe
*Game Download
*Shale DLC

Pre-Order Bonuses
*Memory Band (All)

I just picked up my copy from Wal-Mart. I got the regular edition. In it, I got the Blood Dragon armor and the Shale DLC.

The 2 DLC, from what I understand, do not come for free with the preorder from Gamestop.

JediDork
11-03-2009, 02:46 PM
All the games bought from gamestop, even the regular edition, bring the TWO preorder items, blood dragon armor and the stone prisoner DLC.

The CE items are only the three extra items (and the rest of the bundle of stuff like DVD's and maps, etc.)

The rest of the stores bring their unique items, but all NEW versions of the game bring the blood armor, the stone prisoner dlc.

TwistedFate
11-03-2009, 05:08 PM
All the games bought from gamestop, even the regular edition, bring the TWO preorder items, blood dragon armor and the stone prisoner DLC.

Here is the reason why there is all the confusion (not Jedi personally, just using his words as an example). People need to stop calling Blood Dragon Armor and The Stone Prisoner "pre-order" items. They are bonus items you get with both versions regardless of when you get it. They are not pre-order only items. They are incentives to purchase the game new.