PDA

View Full Version : Can someone with the 100 Survival achieve give me tips?

IceKingz
11-02-2009, 10:15 PM
I need to pick back up to this game to finish my 100 and 80 wins in Survival mode. I've read Vesper's guide and tried to apply it but there's a pretty decent problem: The patch.

Before you start, yes I know how to get rid of the patch but it's the probalby of my OCD telling me NOT to get rid of it. While offline I don't get dates on my achievements, if I can help it, especially on hard achievements, I love having the dates on my achievements. Otherwise it bugs me, just the way it is. (weird, yes I know)

Some of Hayate's moves just aren't as effective with the patch so I want to know if anyone else has achieved 100 single wins with the patch and can you give me tips as to which combos and such are effective?

IceKingz
11-25-2009, 08:47 PM
Heh...*cricket*, nevermind. Working on Hayate right now and all of those combos that Vesper posted seem to work perfectly. His 8P is the only difference that I've noticed and that's that it only refuses to launch if you haven't started a combo, besides that it's fine.

Shaftiel
11-27-2009, 07:16 PM
Glad you've got it... but you don't need to play offline to do it without the patch. It only tries to update when you go to play online, NOT when you boot up the game. So if you clear the saves, cache, etc. (as Vesper suggests) then restart, you can play normally and you'll still get the time stamps.

Again, this is because it only tries to apply the patch if you want to play an actual online vs. game.