PDA

View Full Version : Combat?

xMANNY FRE5Hx
11-03-2009, 05:25 PM
I briefly searched the net and I could not find my answer. Is the combat turn based or action?? I'm a big action rpg guy, love games like mass effect or fable series. I'm just trying to figure out weather or not I would like this.

th3warr1or
11-03-2009, 05:51 PM
It's like RuneScape(for the PC of course, the console is slightly different).

Imagine WASD-movement RuneScape. Basically you attack, you can choose to use skills/spells and then it will happen. It's not JRPG style turn based. You just can't mash buttons.

Uppercut
11-03-2009, 10:40 PM
Its not like fable, its like mass effect, you can fight in real time, but its not a button masher, you can also pause whenever u want and choose spells when its paused,
but its not really turn based.

Dragon83uk
11-03-2009, 11:34 PM
I'm glad to hear the combats not turn based, that would of been the one thing to really turn me off this game.

Cav Clayton
11-04-2009, 01:12 AM
If you've played KotOR it's like that.
You press a button, and the character then executes the move.

WilliamTheIV
11-04-2009, 09:01 PM
It's like RuneScape(for the PC of course, the console is slightly different).

Imagine WASD-movement RuneScape. Basically you attack, you can choose to use skills/spells and then it will happen. It's not JRPG style turn based. You just can't mash buttons.

Lol dude everyone knows Runescape is a horrid game. I agree, yes it is much like Runescape, but when you use the name it sounds as if your comparing the games quality with that of Runescape. I would have used "World of Warcraft" instead, more people could relate to that and see this game as a good one, since pretty much everyone has played WoW, or watched it or even watched a few videos.

But yes though, this game is much like almost every MMO out there. I wish there was an online mode, but it's an RPG, people don't like making online RPG's for some reason...

roulex
11-04-2009, 09:06 PM
If you've played KotOR it's like that.
You press a button, and the character then executes the move.

Quoted for truth. In gameplay style, this reminds me more of KotOR 2 then any other game.

Denny Crane
11-04-2009, 11:50 PM
Its not like fable, its like mass effect, you can fight in real time, but its not a button masher, you can also pause whenever u want and choose spells when its paused,
but its not really turn based.
its not like mass effect. you can pause in ME, but you control all the combat directly.

Sandman1000
11-05-2009, 12:17 AM
Not much action rpg like borderlands or mass effect.. More like KOTR and Elder Scolls