PDA

View Full Version : Is Warden's Keep DLC worth buying?

yamiseth
11-04-2009, 02:41 AM
I'd just like to know if i should buy it or not, if it really enhances game experience.

lordskorrkeeper
11-04-2009, 02:47 AM
I like it so far. Story is good.

SpinelesS
11-04-2009, 03:00 AM
Is there a way to download this from the marketplace yet?

Chuppernicus
11-04-2009, 04:14 AM
Sorta- Get it in game. Select Downloadable content and get it there.

I liked it myself- it wasn't that much either for what you get.

Mars Renegade
11-04-2009, 07:07 AM
Yes, it's very much worth it IMO. I really enjoyed it.

DarknessKonsumz
11-05-2009, 09:20 PM
No doubt. Wardens Keep is a pretty sick DLC.

Ranchnuts
11-06-2009, 12:44 AM
the dlc is worth it cause one of the encounters you might come across gives you some special ore and one of the guys after you finish wardens keep will smelt the ore into a weapon for you and it's a damn good weapon he smelts into your choice of a 1h or 2h weapon

FalseHope4829
11-06-2009, 02:21 AM
Well what weapon is it?

Back on topic, yes the content is pretty cool even if it is a rip off that should have been included in the game seeing as though they programmed an essential dlc advertisement in the game disc. (You'll see when you talk to the merchant guy). It's worth paying the "$7 storage fee" to get the chest to hold all your crap that is ONLY available from this quest. Pretty grimy of them but it's fairly essential if you don't want to spend tons of money on backpack upgrades and having to sell/destroy your stuff that you may not want to.

Ranchnuts
11-06-2009, 02:44 AM
i don't remember the name of it but it is cool and i think the metal is called star metal when you take it to him it's what he calls the ore

Eddy Kemp
12-25-2009, 08:25 PM
i don't remember the name of it but it is cool and i think the metal is called star metal when you take it to him it's what he calls the ore

... Right, I triggered a "random" encounter while traveling on the map where this older couple is talking about finding a child that they will raise as their own, and I was like, huh??? Apparently there was an infant that crash-lands in a meteorite and leaves a big crater by the road. Anyway, the couple leave and you can investigate the crater, which is where you get the Star Metal.

It was like a day later and I had forgotten all about the metal, when I just happened to talk to the smith at Soldiers Peak. This exposed a dialog option for him to craft either the 1 or 2-handed sword. I saved before deciding so I could check out each option and I think the 2-handed was the better of the two. I don't have my console handy to check the name but it is definitely the nicest 2-handed, 3-rune-slot sword that I've found in the game.

Method
12-26-2009, 03:32 AM
The sword is called Starfang. The one handed variety is good for sword and shield or dual wielders while the two handed variety is better for warriors.