PDA

View Full Version : Did I seriously get glitched out of an Origins achievement?

AhrenAKADan
11-04-2009, 10:09 AM
I'm about halfway through the game on a Dalish Elf Rogue and decided to go do the other origin stories to decide who my warrior would be. So I get through the City Ell one and begin the Dwarf Noble. Go through to the end, talk to Duncan ready to leave, and my 360 freezes. I waited ten minutes, the guide button wasn't working, etc etc. So I reload and complete it from the autosave. No Kinslayer achievement. I start a new Dwarf Noble character, complete the story. No Kinslayer achievement. I'm about to try resetting the cache and trying again, but I do hope I haven't been cheated out of an achievement permanently.

AhrenAKADan
11-04-2009, 11:04 AM
Completed a third runthrough after clearing the cache, no luck still.

Tem0n
11-04-2009, 06:38 PM
You should toss this on the Bioware forums, may be something they can fix in a future update.

Komrade Kayce
11-05-2009, 12:18 AM
Try recovering your gamertag and trying again. Its a pretty good fix-all for achievement problems.

AhrenAKADan
11-07-2009, 08:02 AM
Try recovering your gamertag and trying again. Its a pretty good fix-all for achievement problems.

Just tried that, no luck.

One last try is recovering it on another console and completing it from there.

Already posted on BioWare and Xbox.com

Komrade Kayce
11-07-2009, 03:32 PM
I would guess its the same issue thats currently plaguing the DLC'ers. The game thinks you have the achievement, so its not giving it to you.

Kaldo
12-23-2009, 06:59 AM
I've got this exact same problem... cept with a City Elf.

Game crashed just as I told Duncan I was ready... wtf?!?!

Now i've played through the origin multiple times and no luck... has anyone else out there found a solution to this? The topic creator still hasn't unlocked the achievement, according to his profile.

FK xCarnage
12-23-2009, 12:28 PM
This could be included in the 'Achievement Fixes' scheduled with the release of 'Return to Ostagar'.

CSARdiver
12-23-2009, 05:02 PM
Good luck in getting any help from Bioware or EA in this. The forums are all but useless if you are on a console. The forums tell you to report it to EA, which proceeds to determine your issue is gameplay in nature and sends you back to Bioware...

I've had multiple complaints that have gone unanswered for over a month. Hope we get a patch soon. PC players have received multiple patches.