PDA

View Full Version : How difficult is this game supposed to be *possible spoilers*?

when_vegans_attack
11-04-2009, 11:45 AM
Ok, let me say this - I was doing great up until this point, not even one death. I just got the the camp for the first time and bought all the gear I could for my level (the game doesn't give you much cash, even though I beat all the missions available up to this point) and for all the party members I could.

I chose Dwarf Noble as my origin and thought that I'd go back as soon as I could to see how things had gone since I left. So, since one of the places you can go for the treaty quests is Orzammar (sp?) I decided to go there first. I load the map, instantly level up, then I march into a camp of Bounty Hunters and I am thoroughly pwned. This happens 3 times before I realize that I don't think this should be happening - not on normal mode, not when I've spent most of my money on gear that's my level (for my entire party.)

This one Bounty Hunter casts one fireball and brings my warrior and Rogue down to 30% or fewer health in one hit then quickly casts some kind of lightning attack and pwns at least one (sometimes two) members of my party in the first 3 seconds of battle.

Eventually, I reloaded and bought all the potions I could and tried again - after using half of them I was able to beat the Bounty Hunters with 2 surviving party members. Then I walk up the front steps to Orzammar and have to fight again... this mage and his friends pwn me about 10x worse than the Bounty Hunters.

None of these characters are bosses - I didn't die once before entering this area.
What gives? Do quests have levels that I can't see? Are enemies not levelled to your party?
I really don't want to put the game on easy, but it seems literally impossible to continue when all the fights deplete more than half of my resources...

I really think I just need a healer - is it possible to recruit one at this point in the game?

Darkness Falls
11-04-2009, 12:05 PM
Well Wynne is your healer. you can do Magi Tower main quest and recruit her. The most important part is that you have a good party. i used a mix of Wynne, Morrigan and sometimes sten and the dwarf, and passed most parts without a problem. don't forget to customize a strategy for each party member.

when_vegans_attack
11-04-2009, 12:06 PM
Well Wynne is your healer. you can do Magi Tower main quest and recruit her. The most important part is that you have a good party. i used a mix of Wynne, Morrigan and sometimes sten and the dwarf, and passed most parts without a problem. don't forget to customize a strategy for each party member.

Thanks for the advice - I think I'll go get Wynne and come back to Orzimmar later.

Uppercut
11-04-2009, 03:54 PM
I also got owned alot of times from the bounty hunters, i dont think it matters where u go after u get the quests for the treaties, i think they will appear while u travel anyway
after the cutscene that shows loghain talking to them. I died like 4 times, i also
thought that maybe i wasnt suppose to go there (i tried going to denerim), i figured
ill try one more time and for some reason it was rly easy that last time.
The only thing i did different is i went in abit slower so i managed to disarm a couple of traps with my rogue before the u get trapped by the tree trunk.
And that fight is also the only one i had any trouble with so far.

El3ctrifi3d
11-04-2009, 04:01 PM
Have you done the Arl Eamon quest yet in Redecliff? Or Urn of Ashes? According the guide you should do that first then seek out the people to honor the Treaties. What Level are you at?

Uppercut
11-04-2009, 06:39 PM
Arl Eamon is one of the treaty quests, u gotta find the urn to revive him though
since he is in a coma, i did the quest for the ashes yesterday, i saved and turned
it off right after getting them though, gonna continue today going back and deliver
them to revive him, my chars are level 10 atm.

wizzlestick
11-04-2009, 07:39 PM
I'm not sure if this is obvious or helpful, but I've had no trouble even at a lower level just by always prioritizing casters/archers first. Yea they hit like mack trucks but I have found they are easily interuptable and go down quickly (as you would expect from a ranged dps class). I am playing a melee character, but I'm sure you could setup some battle tactics to make one stay in their face if not. *shrug*

Just my experience so far in the game.