PDA

View Full Version : Rate this game!

Amatsuhira
11-04-2009, 07:08 PM
So on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the highest, for anyone who thinks they might get or is still on the fence. For any who have played it and continue to do so, how would you rate this game and give reasons please! Namaste

bloodswan
11-04-2009, 08:14 PM
The game is great. I have barely scratched the surface of it but can't find a single fault. Combat is better than I expected and the story is every bit as good as I had hoped. I would give it 9.5 out of 10.

Infomouse
11-04-2009, 08:16 PM
While most people would be thrown off by the graphics, it makes up for it with and unimaginably unique, deep, and satisfying story. 10 out of 10, easily.

Sporty Flea
11-04-2009, 08:20 PM
I think we have some bioware lovers in the house...

It's a great game don't get me wrong, but there are lots of small flaws tossed throughout, from AI, to graphics, to glitchieness.

It is a lot less polished than I was expecting, even though I am very much enjoying the story.

8/10.

wizzlestick
11-04-2009, 10:21 PM

It's a great game don't get me wrong, but there are lots of small flaws tossed throughout, from AI, to graphics, to glitchieness.

It is a lot less polished than I was expecting, even though I am very much enjoying the story.

8/10.

After playing Sacred 2 I was just thinking how this game had all that extra polish I was missing so I guess it's all relative hah. So far I'm enjoying the game a lot and the storyline/lore is done well along with the voice acting. Though I have only played a dozen hours or so I'd give it 8/10 for now. Definitely worth checking out if you enjoy fantasy games.

Sporty Flea
11-05-2009, 01:10 AM
After playing Sacred 2 I was just thinking how this game had all that extra polish I was missing so I guess it's all relative hah. So far I'm enjoying the game a lot and the storyline/lore is done well along with the voice acting. Though I have only played a dozen hours or so I'd give it 8/10 for now. Definitely worth checking out if you enjoy fantasy games.

It is worth checking out, and it's by far better than sacred 2 lol.

But it not as great as I was expecting.

DENAz666
11-05-2009, 01:52 AM
Absolutely loving it! Probably give it a 8.5/10

I find it to be like a cross between mass effect and oblivion.

Exhausted Dad
11-05-2009, 02:32 AM
I give a 9.5. Its a little different than I expected but just 2 quests in and the story has sucked me in, don't think I will be playing anything else for awhile. Now if Bioware and Bethesda could make a game together.

Soltair0108
11-05-2009, 08:55 AM
I've got to be honest and give the game a solid 7. Bioware has put together some great games, yes.

Story
========
Storyline so far is very cliche. It's not a bad thing, but major twists and turns are just not to be found here. I have to say that it's better than NWN story wise.

Gameplay
=========
Wow and gee whiz. This game is SLOW. Not framerate/lag slow, but the game pace is extremely slow. This has been a major turnoff myself. Having only looked at trailers/screenshots before renting it I didn't know what the game was going to play like. Combat is next to automated. This was the biggest letdown. Yes, you need to participate, but that's about it. It felt extremely similar to NWN, and combat there was sub par at best.

Sound
========
Voice acting is generally good. Your own main characters voice however is very inconsistant. It sounds like they were voiced by maybe 3-4 people each doing a clip or two. It's not that distracting as you do not do much talking at all, just a minor annoyance.

Overall I have to say that the combat was just a major letdown. Yes, I would purchase the game, but not at it's current price. It has it's ups and downs, but my major advice is rent before you buy.

OneBgBdArtemis
11-05-2009, 05:44 PM
I have been playing games on consoles as well as in the arcades since the mid '70's and have to say without prejudice, considering I play all different types of games, that this deserves no more than a 6 out of 10. This is BioWare people. The editing on the conversations sucks. There are actual pauses in the flow of conversation like there was in Two Worlds. The animation sucks, oh and btw, how many of you have seen a simple thing like a BOWSTRING on a bow? None of you. The A.I.? In my experience, and I am a hardcore RPG'er, they are suicidal and stupid. The last group I had to play with that were this bad were the ones from Black Site : Area 51. Oh and the graphics. This is 2009 people. Baldurs Gate; Dark Alliance on PS2 looked better than this in 2004, and Morrowind for original XBox was far deeper, way more polished as far a game play and looked a heck of a lot better. They dropped the ball on this one, but their one saving grace with me is the fact that I know it's not all on BioWare, this is mostly the fault of EA. So, with the years of game playing and the variety of games I play, not to mention being an avid RPG'er, this can get no better than a 6. Sorry. Borderlands looks and plays better than this, that one gets a 9.9 out of 10 and the .1 is for making it so addicting!!!

Drag0n
11-05-2009, 06:38 PM
@OneBgBdArtemis Sounds like you should stay in the FPS world. Dragon Age isn't for you. It's not designed to be a fast paced, shoot-em-up game.

That said, this really is a great investment because you won't be finishing it within a few days or even a week, even if you played 10 hours a day. Once you adjust to the game it really is one of the best. People just can't get over the fact that there is a learning curve. I give it a 9/10 because of some loading issues and a few bugs I've encountered. Everything else about the game is fantastic.

wizzlestick
11-06-2009, 03:23 AM
So, with the years of game playing and the variety of games I play, not to mention being an avid RPG'er, this can get no better than a 6. Sorry. Borderlands looks and plays better than this, that one gets a 9.9 out of 10 and the .1 is for making it so addicting!!!

I wonder if he likes Borderlands?

wounded82
11-06-2009, 03:36 AM
Wow, really? Borderlands gets a 9.9 and Dragona Age a 6? And you call yourself an RPGr? We true rpg fans reject you like the molester uncle in the family... Borderlands has little to no story, crap ending, the loot system is mundane because you get WAY to much that nothing is really that special. Combat is okay, but you mention AI issues, holy crap Borderlands has horrible AI. It's like they have two options: stand there or run at you. The only rewarding piece of Borderlands was that co-op was somewhat fun. I GUARANTEE you though, you will be bored by Borederlands withing the next couple weeks. The replay value just isn't there. Every class plays too much the same, any class can become proficient in any weapon, and indivual skills are not great enough to keep it interesting. I call it now, Borderlands will fade away LONG before Dragon Age will. Next year people will hardly remember Borderlands, but Dragon Age is already finding it's place in the console history books.

Jake of Spades
11-06-2009, 04:40 AM
It seems that anyone giving a bad review is attacked here, so here we go: 6.5 at best, the game has its good points but is over powered by the bad points. I was dissapointed at the game play, grafix, lack of user friendly interface, pointless skills, lack of control in a fight, lack of exploration, ect.

A game by two giant companys like Bio and EA should have been much better in desighn and better tested, it seems that in a slow economy these companys decided to make a lazy cheap game and push it forward with there names and flashy adds rather then solid game play, thats why DLC was out the same day as the game, they could have put it in the game but they just want your cash. This game would have been amazing five years ago.

Amatsuhira
11-06-2009, 05:07 AM
Please let us not take to what another said and base our posts on actual game related data! Remember people are entitled to their opinion! With that said let us not make this forum another "quote and flame" but instead keep every post as fresh and personal experience oriented as possible! Namaste

Wulfaur
11-06-2009, 07:41 AM
I'd give it an 8 or 8.5 so far. The story is good, but very clichee as someone stated above. Combat is a little slow, but it's more fun when you turn your tactics off and leave it on the AI. I like the characters, but I don't like the lack of mages, I've only seen 2, Morrigan who you basically start out with and that older one.

Vandiloo
11-06-2009, 05:22 PM
This isn't an action RPG like say Fable 2. It's more slow paced to allow for strategy and story development. Really it's a true RPG in every sense of the deffinition. The X-box 360 version is the worst version of the game. :( I was very sad when I found this out as I love my 360 and wanted this game on it. The PC version is by far better in graphics and also gameplay. You gain the ability to zoom out to a topdown view in the PC version. So buy it for PC if you can and want the best experience. Oh of course no achievments for the PC version as it's not a "Games for Windows Live" game. I would give the PC version a solid 9 so far and I'm not even half way through.

Muse89
11-06-2009, 06:22 PM
this game is awsome
i havnt really done much but theres so much to the story already, and you really do have so much influence in what happens. theres alot of bits that are hilarious too without the game getting stupid
i recommend this to everyone thats into rpgs

bloodswan
11-06-2009, 10:14 PM

If you were refering to me which I assume you were than know that this is the second Bioware game I've ever played after Mass Effect which admitedly I did enjoy but my rating is based on the game itself. I haven't encountered any bugs or glitches yet so the game seems quite polished to me.

NaK Quinn
11-07-2009, 06:52 AM
...the game seems quite polished to me.

Are you mad? This game is not polished at all. Its as if they were like
"Ok people. We can either put the finishing touches and polish everything, or go get McDonalds." Off to McD's they go. I.E. my girlfriend came into my gameroom as I was playing DAO and says "Oh, I see you pulled out your regular xbox."!!!!!!!!! Seriously, Ive seen some of these graphics before....on my Wii (for instance your armour detail in the conversation cutscenes). For the hype this game should have blown us away, now the CGI cutscenes are good...but its 2009 people they should be. There are several pointless skills and it is maddening to have to carry the low-hp rogue everywhere to open everything. Also, several times through the storyline you have a huge feeling of being lost and no clue where to go. The Quest log thing is broken, granted this isnt a spoon feed you game, but its not a game that takes smarts to play either. Combat feels slow and clumsy as a warrior or rogue, slighty quicker when a mage. Of course your character is the silent protaganist (even though I selected a voice for him in the begining, 14hrs later he hasnt uttered one word), and the drawn out conversations get boring at times. About 60% of the storyline is ok but overly cliche and the other 40% is boring crap. One more thing that noone else has brought up......idle animations.....they dont exist. Seriously Bio, ADD SOME DAMN IDLE ANIMATIONS! It really brings a game alive. Oh and I thought the new Elven history was laughable, we humans drove them from their lands and enslaved them....twice. In all fairness, this game really reminds me of World of Warcraft. I am sorry but it does. I am hoping that the map isnt all you get to explore. I am 14 hrs in and about 1/2 way through the main story I think, am kinda bored (found myself watching movies on my laptop, surfing the web, watching YouTube etc etc) and the world is quite small. So I am hoping that you get to goto another world/map/kingdom/whatever. *sigh*, I had HUGE hopes for this game. Looks like after Nov. 10th its gonna sit on a shelf for a very long time.

PS I have played just about EVERY RPG out there, so please dont "stick to FPS" me

GRAPHICS 6/10
GAMEPLAY 8/10
ORIGINALITY 7/10
COMBAT 7/10
SOUND 7/10
STORY 8/10
CONTROLS & INTERFACE 7/10
REPLAY VALUE 8/10
------------
OVERALL 7.5/10 Good, but not awesome. Buy if you like RPGs and wont play COD:MW2 everyday, Rent if you like JRPGs or button mashers. Wait for price drop if you want to take your time.