PDA

View Full Version : Recruiter Acheivement *Spoilers*

tehwalrus
11-04-2009, 08:14 PM
What/who are all the required allies for this?

Alistair, the Grey Warden [Automatic]
Morrigan, the shapeshifting witch [Automatic?]
Dogmeat, the mabari warhound [Optional, needs to be healed before the first battle]
Sten, qunari giant [Optional, needs to be freed from his cage in Lothing]
Leliana, [Optional? Met in Lothing]
Zavran, elvish assassin [Optional, fend of his assassination attempt]
?Logain?

And then there's Shale, the crystal golem, which is DLC so not sure if he's required

Darkness Falls
11-04-2009, 09:38 PM
Logain Will become a grey warden after you defeat him at landsmeat and spared his life. but you'll lose alister.

Rolyatkcinmai
11-04-2009, 10:19 PM
Logain Will become a grey warden after you defeat him at landsmeat and spared his life. but you'll lose alister.

Haha, I know the thread title says spoilers, but I stupidly wandered in here anyways. Darn!

INCANTATI0N
11-06-2009, 02:27 PM
Is Sten required for the achv? It seems the only way I can get him is to threaten the mother lady...

Darkness Falls
11-06-2009, 02:30 PM
Is Sten required for the achv? It seems the only way I can get him is to threaten the mother lady...
Well you can Lie/Persuade her that you'll take him back to his people or tell her about needing recruits for your battle.

INCANTATI0N
11-06-2009, 02:33 PM
I tried that but it didn't work...

Darkness Falls
11-06-2009, 02:36 PM
Did you tell her that you're a grey warden? also try to have some Persuation Talent. they are most useful in coming quests. also they're relation to achievements.

kr4t0s
11-06-2009, 02:39 PM

You need Leliana in your party when you talk to the great mother. Or just threaten her you will get rep with Morrigan for it :P

INCANTATI0N
11-06-2009, 02:39 PM
I did tell her, a couple times I did it late in the conversation. I can usually persuade ppl, but I couldn't her :( I have a save from before I talked to her so I can do it again and not tell her at all if it matters. The only thing I did after that in my most recent save was get Lilliana (sp) I think.

Darkness Falls
11-06-2009, 02:40 PM
You need Leliana in your party when you talk to the great mother. Or just threaten her you will get rep with Morrigan for it :P
LOL yeah that's true. Moriggan is such a rebel.

INCANTATI0N
11-06-2009, 02:43 PM
Thx. Guess i will go threaten her then lol. I tried that once, while I got points with Morrigan I lost them with Allistar and I am trying to figure out the romance with him so I didn't want to loose points :P

INCANTATI0N
11-06-2009, 02:45 PM
Does Lilliana need to be an active party member or just in your party? I like the Allistar/Morrigan/Dog combo... If not active then I can just redo what I did last night it was all stuff in the camp still so not that big a deal I guess.

baardhimself
11-06-2009, 03:47 PM
Ok, to summarise so far..

Alistair; Human Warrior, Grey Warden [Automatic]
Morrigan; Human Mage, Shapeshifting Witch [Automatic]
War Dog; Mabari Warhound [Optional, needs to be healed before the first battle] - Automatic if chosing Human Noble Origin
Sten; Qunari Giant Warrior [Optional, needs to be freed from his cage in Lothing]
Leliana, Human Rogue [Optional, Met in Bar in Lothing]
Zavran, Elvish Assassin [Optional, fend of his assassination attempt]
Logain, [Optional - Becomes Grey Warden after you defeat him in Landsmeat, you will lose Alistair if Logain joins]
Wynne, Mage
Oghren, Dwarf [Unknown]
Shale, Stone Golem [[U]Only available via DLC - Not known if needed for Achievement]

when_vegans_attack
11-06-2009, 03:58 PM
You get Wynn in the Mage tower - right when you get locked in. It's optional, you can just kill her.

Oghren is in Orzammar - you can't miss him as he's related to the recruitment quest (he's searching for Barka, who is searching for the Anvil of the Void.)

None of the party members need to have ever been in your party for the achievement - I had Wynn, Oghren and Leliana in my party as soon as I got them and never switched them out (Sten, Zehvran, and Loghain were never in my actual party.) I got the achievment after I saved Loghain's life (during a cutscene.)

EDIT:
I can verify that you DO NOT need Shale for this achievement.

kr4t0s
11-06-2009, 07:14 PM
So you do need Loghain for the achiev? Crap I don't wanna lose Alistar he's my tank.

wizzlestick
11-06-2009, 08:20 PM
So you do need Loghain for the achiev? Crap I don't wanna lose Alistar he's my tank.

So make the choice, get the achievement and then reload your game.

roulex
11-06-2009, 08:49 PM
Also, gameplay wise, Loghain's very similar to Alistair.

SupremeRapier
11-07-2009, 03:13 AM
is isabela a possible recruit?

twinkie
11-07-2009, 04:21 AM
is isabela a possible recruit?

nope, she's not

tehwalrus
11-07-2009, 08:12 AM
Lame, I was really hoping to get a Dalish mage party member to replace Morrigan for this playthrough.