PDA

View Full Version : Im surprised I Didn't see this question....

AngelOfAcuity
11-04-2009, 08:19 PM
It was probably already up here but i was just blind enough to miss it, but, What is the level cap for this game? My buddy wants to know since he has it and I wanna know if the level cap is high enough for me to make a $60 purchase on a game i dunno much about when two big name games are right around the corner. Also if you don't know, put the level your character is at (preferably if it's lvl 20 or avove) and give me a heads up about how hard or easy it was to get there. Thanks in advance, all info is appreciated! ^^

jedi420j
11-04-2009, 08:24 PM
Hey man as far as I know there is none...

DarqStalker
11-04-2009, 08:39 PM
The instruction manual states there is no hard cap in level.

TwistedFate
11-04-2009, 08:42 PM
I don't get it. How does a high level cap make a game more worthy of your money? High level cap just means you level faster, it doesn't mean the game is any longer.

A Satyr
11-04-2009, 08:54 PM
You can go higher than 20, all i want to know is once you've completed every quest can you start over with the same high level character?

roulex
11-04-2009, 09:00 PM
There is no New Game +. There is a hard level cap, as explained here (http://old.dragonagecentral.com/single/1242395580),but due to the game's system of level scaling 99% of players will never reach it. Areas scale to your level when you enter them, like Oblivion, but enemies have a high and a low cap. For example, a Hurlock will scale to your level but never be lower then 4 or higher then 7, while a Hurlock Alpha will scale from levels 8 to 12. The enemies in are area don't change, but the level of each individual enemy will scale. Make sense?

AngelOfAcuity
11-09-2009, 05:30 PM
I don't get it. How does a high level cap make a game more worthy of your money? High level cap just means you level faster, it doesn't mean the game is any longer.
Well, I dont actually wanna spend about 10 hours in one day to go to level 12 or something honestly. I feels to slow of a game when your own personal characters stats are the same over a long period of time and the only thing thta may adjust or change it is a weapon or piece od armor. Besides , I love to play games where you level quickly, it keeps my attention on the game XD

AngelOfAcuity
11-09-2009, 05:32 PM
There is no New Game +. There is a hard level cap, as explained here (http://old.dragonagecentral.com/single/1242395580),but due to the game's system of level scaling 99% of players will never reach it. Areas scale to your level when you enter them, like Oblivion, but enemies have a high and a low cap. For example, a Hurlock will scale to your level but never be lower then 4 or higher then 7, while a Hurlock Alpha will scale from levels 8 to 12. The enemies in are area don't change, but the level of each individual enemy will scale. Make sense?
So you are telling me that the level is cap is ridiculously hard to reach? lol, kinda upsetting but, oh well right? As long as the game is fun, i guess i will pick it up

Komrade Kayce
11-09-2009, 05:36 PM
So you are telling me that the level is cap is ridiculously hard to reach? lol, kinda upsetting but, oh well right? As long as the game is fun, i guess i will pick it up

Hey Francis. Long time no see. ;)

If you've ever played D&D, I believe the highest level you could achieve was 21 before you started ascending into godhood or something like that. Its been a long time since I've sat down with a tabletop group.

I think some people here found out that 25 was the highest you could go by using a leveling glitch.

But if Fallout 3, and D&D before it, has taught me anything, its that constant levels are less important, finding gear and learning new skills (which you can do without leveling) are much more so.