PDA

View Full Version : DLC offline problems

SpinelesS
11-05-2009, 12:44 PM
I cant play dragon Age offline.

It tells me I dont have the downloads for the memory band, feral wolfcharm, dalish promise ring, and the whole collecters edition 3 items.

They are even missing from the Downloadable content list when Im offline, but when im online they are all there...

Is this happening to anyone else? or is it just me? (I did put in a bunch of codes, and then downloaded one and it counted them all as downloaded...)

Is there a way to fix this? I cant always get online.

TwistedFate
11-05-2009, 01:25 PM
It sounds like the whole DRM issue people have when they get a console repaired/new console. Sometimes it happens for no reason. *shrugs*

You are going to have to be online to fix it. Delete them from the list, and redownload them from in the game. I have trouble with Rock Band tracks I download direct from the Marketplace sometimes, and this fixes it for me.

Also, if you can, make sure you use the item once while you are online. It's almost like I have to use something once to "activate" it so it recognizes it offline. It makes absolutely no sense and I don't have this problem often enough to see a real pattern so I am only throwing out things I have tried that seem to have some success. They may be totally unrelated.

SpinelesS
11-05-2009, 02:26 PM
the problem is they where in game codes, Id hate to delete them and find I couldnt get them again

TwistedFate
11-05-2009, 04:52 PM
the problem is they where in game codes, Id hate to delete them and find I couldnt get them again

They will be in your download history, and you can re download them from there. I know that goes against what I originally told you, but I don't know for a fact what causes the DLC to do this so I just gave the "safest way", the way I have successfully done it in another game.

If you can't get the DLC through the game again, you can get it through your download history no problem. Check your download history before deleting just to confirm; I'm sure it will be there, though.

hgroce15
11-05-2009, 05:06 PM
Be sure to actually Install them. I entered all the codes and it said downloaded next to the items. I then purchased the other DLC (the warden one). I did not have any items or anything ingame. When I went back to the DLC area I noticed that the Warden DLC had installed next to it, but all the codes I entered just said downloaded. When I opened up the individual items I noticed an Install option. Everything showed up in game after I selected install.

TwistedFate
11-05-2009, 05:08 PM
Be sure to actually Install them. I entered all the codes and it said downloaded next to the items. I then purchased the other DLC (the warden one). I did not have any items or anything ingame. When I went back to the DLC area I noticed that the Warden DLC had installed next to it, but all the codes I entered just said downloaded. When I opened up the individual items I noticed an Install option. Everything showed up in game after I selected install.

Good to know! Weird setup, though.

SpinelesS
11-05-2009, 05:33 PM

Ok I looked into my download history, it only shows the ones I can access when Im offline, not the missing ones.

When I go to the downloadable content via the games start page, if Im online everything is there, and they all say downloaded next to them. I cant open up the individual items however.

fastman309
11-06-2009, 02:36 PM
I'm having the same problem. I bought the game thru the EA store to get the 2 rings, fire brand and memor ring. They supplied me one code to download 2 different things. when I entered the code, both downloaded at the same time, and each show up in there own slot under downloaded items, but playing the game offline, it tells me that i did not download the fire brand.

All I can say is way to go EA for giving out EA server codes instead of a proper XBL code.

hgroce15
11-06-2009, 03:53 PM
I previously stated that the DLC showed as Downloaded and not Installed, and when I selected the items I could select Install as an option.

Well after reading that some people were still having problems, I got on last night to double check. Now all of my DLC shows Downloaded and I can no longer select the items.

I don't know what happened/changed. All of my stuff is still working, but the status has changed from what it was previously and I can no longer select/manage any of the DLC.

I'm out of ideas. Sorry :(

SpinelesS
11-11-2009, 06:19 PM
Took 4 days but they finally gave me a response...

Please note that you need to play online to use downloadable content in the game. If you are offline, then you won't be able to use those items in the game as per the game mechanism. However, you can start a new game if you are offline. I hope this addresses your issue.

WTF is the point to customer service these days other than blowing off your customers without helping them out at all?

TwistedFate
11-11-2009, 07:25 PM
My question is what genius came up with the idea of requiring a single player game, with no other online properties to require you to be online to play it fully.

So basically, I just paid extra for a LE and got a standard for it. Less than a standard really, since I can't even use The Stone Prisoner I got a used standard. EA has lost my business, but on the bright side they've gained an email flood until they fix this bullshit move.

Does anybody know if this includes paid DLC like the Warden's Keep? I haven't started it yet, but went ahead and downloaded it while I had my 360 at my girlfriends over the weekend. If I wasted another $7, EA will be hearing from me more often then they think.

Anybody who can't play the DLC offline, don't take this lying down. Launch a support request storm until they fix this ridiculous requirement. If this game had any online component at all, I could almost accept it. But to take a single player game with no social interaction to it at all and require somebody to be online just to play it is asinine.

squid5580
11-12-2009, 08:02 AM
My question is what genius came up with the idea of requiring a single player game, with no other online properties to require you to be online to play it fully.

So basically, I just paid extra for a LE and got a standard for it. Less than a standard really, since I can't even use The Stone Prisoner I got a used standard. EA has lost my business, but on the bright side they've gained an email flood until they fix this bullshit move.

Does anybody know if this includes paid DLC like the Warden's Keep? I haven't started it yet, but went ahead and downloaded it while I had my 360 at my girlfriends over the weekend. If I wasted another $7, EA will be hearing from me more often then they think.

Anybody who can't play the DLC offline, don't take this lying down. Launch a support request storm until they fix this ridiculous requirement. If this game had any online component at all, I could almost accept it. But to take a single player game with no social interaction to it at all and require somebody to be online just to play it is asinine.

Whoah slow down a second. Did you happen by any chance to D/L this stuff onto your HDD but your GF's 360? Are you using the same console (not HDD) that you used originally? I just waited a freakin year to be able to play alot of my DLC and arcade because of something like that. Cuz I am playing offline and all my stuff is showing up fine.

ThatRuddyGuy
11-12-2009, 08:09 AM
I have yet to play this offline, but I figured this was going to happen once I saw the way the DLC menu was setup and the fact that it connects to an EA server. Another reason I hate EA most of the time lol.

TwistedFate
11-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Whoah slow down a second. Did you happen by any chance to D/L this stuff onto your HDD but your GF's 360? Are you using the same console (not HDD) that you used originally? I just waited a freakin year to be able to play alot of my DLC and arcade because of something like that. Cuz I am playing offline and all my stuff is showing up fine.

I've had a 360 since launch. Replaced it 3 times, and had to go through the whole process of getting my DLC re-enabled for offline use 3 times. You can trust me when I say I know how all that works. That process makes sense to me and I know how to get it fixed. IF that was the problem. It isn't.

You can also read the post before mine to see EA's response to the problem. "You must be online to use it". If you can play The Stone Prisoner and use the LE stuff, you are the anomaly, not me. Nobody else can. It's the way the servers are set up. It's even in the manual that you must be online to use it.

Have you checked to make sure your ethernet cable isn't plugged in? ;)

There seems to be a workaround for it, but it doesn't work for everybody and I can't easily check until December.

squid, are you using any pre-order bonus items? A LOT of the problems seem to be surrounding pre-order items and the workaround mentioned only seems to help those that have pre-order items. Just trying to get an idea why yours might work when others don't.

Also, it isn't official, but I'm starting to see a little buzz that this is not the way it was supposed to be, and that EA/BioWare is working on it.

SpinelesS
11-13-2009, 05:33 AM
Cuz I am playing offline and all my stuff is showing up fine.

Just wondering, Did you put all the codes in then proceed to download them, or did you put a code in, download the item, put the next code in, download it, and so on.

I did the former, and after downloading one, they all became marked as downloaded (not including wardens keep and stone prisoner) and I think this is the reason why I cant play them offline.

EDIT: Finally fixed the problem. though it was a hassle

If you want to fix it do the Following:

play the game offline, Check you download list.
You should Have (if you have downloaded it):
Stone prisoner
Warden's Keep
Blood Dragon Armor
probably 1 more item.

go to your dashboard, click on your gamertag and then manage account, then download history.
All that is probably shown is whats above. (SP, WK, BDA, +1)
write down the missing Items.

*Go to system settings, memory, (your profile name), games, Dragon Age: Origins
Delete Promo Item Pack 1

Connect to live, and start up dragon age.
You will be told you have new downloadable content.
all but SP, WK, and BDA, will have purchased beside them instead of Downloaded.
Select one of the missing items you wrote down, and download it. All of them will now once again be flagged as downloaded.

Cross this item off you list and Return to the Xbox Dashboard and go to *
repeat until you have all items downloaded once.

Now go to your downloaded history and select each item and download it again.

You should now be able to play offline with all items.