PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh. Not only are the DLC achievements infamously Fallout 3 glitched, but...

Komrade Kayce
11-05-2009, 11:12 PM
It gets worse.

Recovering your gamertag removes those achievements from your gt, yes.

But loading a previous save and getting them again does...

nothing.

As in, nothing at all. Now you don't even have the little symbol for the bugged cheev (because the gt recovery removed it), AND it won't unlock again. Like, it wont even bugged unlock. Nothing happens. I got the achievement for drinking the potion in Wardens keep, noticed the discrepancy in my list, recovered my gamertag, which cleared out the two bugged ones for Wardens, reloaded my game save, drank the potion again and nothing happened. Tried again, and still nothing.

I hope, HOPE, that Bioware/EA's solution to this isn't going to be 'Youll have to start a new character'.

This... this is not good. Bummer. :(

yamiseth
11-05-2009, 11:18 PM
Well think about it. I'm pretty sure the achievements still are not up on xbox.com for some reason, so there's no point in trying to get them now.

As for complaining about having to redo them, they are quite easily done very early in the game, and if you are after achievements you must start two other characters anyways to get them to lvl 20.

I don't see a problem with this as long as they update this before the year is up, because they seem to be taking their precious time.

Komrade Kayce
11-05-2009, 11:24 PM
I don't think you understand what I'm saying.

The two achievements aren't unlocking anymore. They're not even glitch unlocking where they are there, but don't contribute to gamerscore. I know how waiting for a server update works, I did this with Fallout 3 and Magic, more recently.

This is what I'm worried about right now.

Hoborg
11-06-2009, 12:16 AM
I heard EA's complaint department is now hiring.

G315T
11-06-2009, 01:05 AM
EA's complaint department consists of nothing more than an email filter that directs complaints straight into the Deleted Items folder. ;)

InfernoX222
11-06-2009, 01:11 AM
EA's complaint department consists of nothing more than an email filter that directs complaints straight into the Deleted Items folder. ;)

EA Exchange servers hard at work!

MasterJon08
11-06-2009, 02:10 AM
Wow, that sucks.

Personally, I think it is bullshit that you have to PAY EXTRA MONEY to get the ORIGINAL achievements that come in the game. Sure the shale one is free if you spend $60 on a new version of the game, but once they stop adding those little cards in the cases (looks like it'll be april 30 2010) then the only way you can get that achievement is to spend $15 DOLLARS on a very easy and short quest for a character that isn't necessary.

Your greediness disgusts me, bioware.

Cloak
11-06-2009, 02:53 AM
^^there EXTRA achievements dumbass.

wizzlestick
11-06-2009, 03:34 AM
Wow, that sucks.

Personally, I think it is bullshit that you have to PAY EXTRA MONEY to get the ORIGINAL achievements that come in the game. Sure the shale one is free if you spend $60 on a new version of the game, but once they stop adding those little cards in the cases (looks like it'll be april 30 2010) then the only way you can get that achievement is to spend $15 DOLLARS on a very easy and short quest for a character that isn't necessary.

Your greediness disgusts me, bioware.

You are ABSOLUTELY (I capitalized this so you know it's important) right. They sit in the corporation building (you know, being all corporationy) cackling throughout the night coming up with ways they would make you go insane down to the minute detail of their glitched DLC achievements.

But the best part of all their diabolical planning was... they would have all your MONEY first!! MUHAUHAUHAHAAH MUHUAHAUHAUAHA MUHAUHAHAUHA

Reality is less than the ideal. :goodpost

The Pants Party
11-06-2009, 03:48 AM
As I've said in like two other threads about this issue, it will resolve itself once they update the lists on xbox.com - until then, sit back and enjoy the original 1000 achievement points and any other aspect of the game. There will be threads when the situation is fixed, I'm sure...