PDA

View Full Version : Affection Achievement Question

SupremeRapier
11-06-2009, 12:05 AM
ok so I keep reading sites that say you can only do this in certain areas and whatnot so I was wondering if thats true? Also is there a way to tell how much affection a party member has for you? I've been looking everywhere and cant find it. I really dont want to miss getting it especially after hearing how hilarious they are lol

On a side note, is there any way you can put party members back into your party? I booted everyone out hoping it would trigger more affection with morrigan but I got nothing @.@ lol

wizzlestick
11-06-2009, 03:49 AM
You can work on your approval rating anywhere for the most part. It can be done through standard dialogue while you're out questing, a quest or place triggering some specific dialogue, initiated while your in party camp (which is anytime after you've unlocked the world map), etc. You can also give them gifts and each of them has a personal side quest they will usually open up with you about once they start to like you. Some are total whores that will do you the same day you meet them, while others need to be totally in love with you.

If you go to the world map and travel somewhere you can usually reselect your party. Definitely if you go back to your party camp you can reselect.

If you want Morrigan make sure you are a male for starters she has no interest in women. Just ask her about upbringing and powers etc. Give her some gifts (grimoires and she likes silver/gold type trinket stuff) and eventually you can initiate some opportunities at party camp to gain more affection and effectively start the romance. After that she will pretty much do you once as a fling.

Darkness Falls
11-06-2009, 06:25 AM
Moriggan is so easy, i had a high relationship with her immediately after entering Lothering by just having some conversation with her. you gotta try several lines because some will improve +2 and others even more than +10. for example in conversation with moriggan about love if u try other lines you'll get 1 or 2 but if you select "love is unneccesery" you'll get +12. i got the option for romance after Lothering in the camp.

INCANTATI0N
11-06-2009, 02:29 PM
Ok, this is probably obvious and I am just missing it, but how do you give gifts to someone?

Darkness Falls
11-06-2009, 02:34 PM
Ok, this is probably obvious and I am just missing it, but how do you give gifts to someone?
Go to your inventory and select others category and look for items and have Gift tag under them. then select your character that you desire to give her/him the gift with LB and RB. then press A to give the selected gift to your desired character. but remember dont waste gifts, know your character well because some gifts suitable for someone else. for example if you give "Dragon Statue" to Leliana you'll get +1 Affection but if you give it to Alistair you'll gain +10 affection.

INCANTATI0N
11-06-2009, 02:37 PM
thanks for the quick reply!

hgroce15
11-06-2009, 04:55 PM
This may have been answered elsewhere. I have read a few posts that alluded to this question, but I have not been able to find a definative answer.

Can you have romantic encounters with multiple NPCs on the same play through?
I am currently Romancing Leliana and I would like to take care of Morrigan on this play through also.

Also is same sex encounters possible? If your char is Male can you have both Male and Female romances? Or can you only have Female romances?

EDIT: Also on the gifting: You get less and less points the more gifts you give a NPC. So you can give Morrigan a gift and get +5, and then give her a similar gift and only get +3 the next time. However it seems the "Special Gifts" will give +15 regardless of the number of gifts you have previously given someone.

DarqStalker
11-06-2009, 04:59 PM
If you are male, you can romance anyone But Alistair.

If you are female you can romance anyone but Morrigan.

hgroce15
11-06-2009, 05:03 PM

Wow... I would have though Morrigan would have been more into the Girl on Girl than Leliana.

So, I take it you can also have multiple relationships on the same play through?

Since I am a male char get Morrigan, Leliana, and the assassin on this play through, and then get Alistair on the second play through.

Omera148
11-06-2009, 05:22 PM
Wow... I would have though Morrigan would have been more into the Girl on Girl than Leliana.

So, I take it you can also have multiple relationships on the same play through?

Since I am a male char get Morrigan, Leliana, and the assassin on this play through, and then get Alistair on the second play through.

You can but they get jealous and eventually you are forced to make a choice on which partner you wish to remain with, or neither. Morrigan prefers flings, she will not sleep with you if she loves you, Leilana will only sleep with you if she loves you, voiding a chance to sleep with Morrigan, but if you do Leilana's personal quest and convince her to remain who she is, she'll actually have a foursome with you, isabella and Zevran.

In other words, keep the women happy, sleep with Morrigan first, don't let her fall in love with you afterwards and you should be free to score with Leilana. With the female character, go with Zevran and Allistair since you can also score with Leilana and Isbaella threesomes/foursomes and you've got all the romance options.

True Marvellous
11-06-2009, 05:37 PM
If you are male, you can romance anyone But Alistair.

Aww my foxy she elf was looking forward to getting fruity with Morrigan as well!!:p

SupremeRapier
11-06-2009, 09:52 PM
can you really have 4-ways in this game? o.O lol

SupremeRapier
11-07-2009, 12:36 AM
for leilana's quest, is it best to kill the old woman or let her go to get her affection up?