PDA

View Full Version : Circle of magi tower (summoning sciences)

Ranchnuts
11-06-2009, 12:39 AM
ok im stuck on this quest i don't want to just skip it i need to know the pattern if anyone has found out the pattern to this quest let me know please and thanks

Elm
11-07-2009, 07:16 AM
I need a little help here too.

BlackDragon
11-07-2009, 08:12 AM
One of the notes you can pick up give you instructions for the first 3 summoning-rituals - very detailed step-by-step stuff. It's somewhere in the library, I'm pretty sure of it... if you've picked it all up there, check your files and see if you don't have it.

Thing is, I noticed that there's a 4th summoing-circle, even after completing the other 3... I've got no idea how, or even if, you activate that one.

dpenguin
11-07-2009, 10:29 AM
As BlackDragon said, one of your codexes (in the quest related section) will detail what you need to do (ie what items to activate). It's in the library, where the three summoning circles are on the ground.

T i o u Z
11-07-2009, 03:54 PM
For #4(idk if the names i'm gonna give are right in English, I got the game in french.)

-Autel
-Volume with spirit
-Rodercom
-Elvorn
Then i'm stuck, I can click on elvorn till infinity ...

BlackDragon
11-07-2009, 04:34 PM
Where did you find the info on the fourth summoning-ritual?

T i o u Z
11-07-2009, 04:39 PM
Where did you find the info on the fourth summoning-ritual?
Old skool.
I just tried, can't find the info for the last one

-KTA-
11-07-2009, 05:08 PM
Can someone baby step me through the 3rd summon or at least tell me how to do the first step???

I don't know how to inform the higher up Magi on it like the note says to start it... Where is this first step located???

BTW loved extorting the closet mage for 75K :D

SpinelesS
11-07-2009, 06:33 PM
Can someone baby step me through the 3rd summon or at least tell me how to do the first step???

I don't know how to inform the higher up Magi on it like the note says to start it... Where is this first step located???

BTW loved extorting the closet mage for 75K :D

The part about informing the higher up magi is a subtle hint that there will be violence :)

Heres how to do all 4 step by step.

1st

1)Activate the summoning font
2)Activate the tome of Spirit personages
3)Activate summoning the first

2nd

2)Activate Rodercoms Uncommon Calling
3)Activate the Statue of Magus Gorvish
4)Activate summoning the second

3rd

1)Activate the Summoning font
2)Activate Elvorns Bestiary
3)Activate the carving on the table
4)Activate Spiritorum Etherialis
5)Activate the Statue of Magus Gorvish
6)Activate the novice phylactery
7)Activate the Summoning the third
8)FIGHT!

4th

All together now :)
2)Activate the Tome of Spirit Personages
3)Activate Rodercoms uncommon Calling
4)Activate the Statue of Magus Gorvish
5)Activate Elvorns Bestiary
6)Activate the carving on the table
7)Activate Spiritorum Etherialis
8)Activate the Statue of Magus Gorvish
9)Activate the novice phylactery
10)Activate summong the fourth in the center behind the bookcase

-KTA-
11-07-2009, 06:53 PM
Thanks spine will try that tonight!

Glad the first step was weird because I totally didn't get it... I was going back to the circle anyhow so this will finally wrap it up!

BlackDragon
11-07-2009, 09:17 PM
I still don't get that fourth one. Are you supposed to just figure that one out through trial-and-error experimentation?

SpinelesS
11-08-2009, 03:58 AM
I still don't get that fourth one. Are you supposed to just figure that one out through trial-and-error experimentation?

Its the First set of instructions, followed by the second set, followed by the third.

Ellusion
11-08-2009, 03:03 PM
What is the point of the fourth step? All I get is this mage saying he shouldn't be here and that it is "not right at all" before disapearing again. Neither does the basement open that someone mentioned?

sh0ckwave
11-08-2009, 04:22 PM
When you go to the room that has the babies where you first meet Wynne, try to open the door and a demon should pop up behind you to fight.

BlackDragon
11-08-2009, 06:22 PM
No, that's an entirely different summoning-ritual, which you have to perform a couple of floors up...

But yeah, this 'hidden 4th ritual' is just weird. Arl Foreshadow? I'd exected he would at least, ya know, FORESHADOW something before disappearing again.:p

Ellusion
11-08-2009, 06:46 PM
Another source says to pickpocket him before he dissapears. Unfortunately that skill seemed utterly useless to me (lvl4, even stealing during combat, still getting a few coppers and never anything else) and my rogue skipped raising it this time around.

If anyone get to pick his pockets, what did he have, and did it justify the ludicrus Steal skill?

BlackDragon
11-08-2009, 08:42 PM
Damn, I didn't even think of that... I always have Leliana tag along for her trap-disarm and lockpicking-skill anyway, and she usually have at least two levels in Steal when you get her.

Actually, though, I've been experimenting with Pickpocketing, and it seems there's a number of 'marks' in the game - NPC's with no other purpose than getting pickpocketed from, who have rare and valuable items. For example, on the Denerim marketplace, you can find an arrogant noblewoman - her name's in yellow, so you know there's SOMETHING about her - and pickpocket her for a Tiara, a unique gift. Probably goes over well with Morrigan, or whatever.

ponypo2001
11-09-2009, 04:10 AM
I just pickpocketed him and all you get is a note.No idea what was in it due to the crappy inventory system in the game not making it clear which note he gave me.Not much of a reward but ho hum.Also,when doing the summoning,you need to do it fairly fast as if you take too long the ritual will reset.

SupremeRapier
11-09-2009, 09:24 AM
all I got was 50 silver and a note :/

Bottrot
11-10-2009, 03:13 AM
As soon as I get to the carving I get zapped.

Nothing Im doing is working so looks like Im jsut going to skip this and not waste anymore time on it.

roulex
11-10-2009, 03:28 AM
This is just an easter egg referencing a joke in the Baldur's Gate series, for us old PC gamer fogies :P No real reward besides a pittance of XP and silver.

Munkapotatoes
11-10-2009, 04:01 AM
I just pickpocketed him and all you get is a note.No idea what was in it due to the crappy inventory system in the game not making it clear which note he gave me.Not much of a reward but ho hum.Also,when doing the summoning,you need to do it fairly fast as if you take too long the ritual will reset.

The game makes use of the Select button (Or BACK if you look at the controller) to go to whatever just got updated in the bottom left of screen (usually). If it says new codex, it'll pull you right to that entry, or if it says quest updated it'll pull you there. Though it could have been better implemented.

Forshadow was also a guy in Baldur's gate. He was a lord. This game uses Arls (Like an Earl) instead of lords.

Raiden2156
11-11-2009, 12:34 PM
Please someone can tell me where damnit is the Rodercom Uncommon Calling??!?!??

I look everywhere, in all the bookshelf and all the books, BUT I CAN'T FIND IT!

It will drive me crazy, maybe my game is bugged..

Please, someone tell me exactly where i can find the Rodercom..

SpinelesS
11-11-2009, 04:00 PM
Please someone can tell me where damnit is the Rodercom Uncommon Calling??!?!??

I look everywhere, in all the bookshelf and all the books, BUT I CAN'T FIND IT!

It will drive me crazy, maybe my game is bugged..

Please, someone tell me exactly where i can find the Rodercom..

If i remember correctly (been a couple days)
if you go to the final (furthest from the entrance or westernmost) Aisle its on the southermost tip of the eastern bookshelf.

Raiden2156
11-11-2009, 04:45 PM
If i remember correctly (been a couple days)
if you go to the final (furthest from the entrance or westernmost) Aisle its on the southermost tip of the eastern bookshelf.

I find it finally!

Thanks anyway ^

KnoxHustle
12-30-2009, 02:29 AM
Thanks SpinelesS!!! I spent way too much time trying to get it right. That 4th one was a b*tch! HaHa

xCHICKEN DIXx
08-05-2010, 01:24 PM
Thanks spineless saved me alot of trouble

Black Kat
01-09-2011, 07:02 AM
I have seen the summonings written out but I'm not sure where. There are four that you can do. Three of them are actually in your inventory. If you go to the quest section and look up in the 'notes' it will be one note with a set of three instructions. Each one is longer than the last. When I find the page that had all four I'll let you know.