PDA

View Full Version : Leveling *Glitch*

Demosthenes
11-06-2009, 01:39 AM
In Ostargar, there is a mission called Tainted Blood that takes place right before you become a Grey Warden. Simply collect the three Vials of Darkspawn Blood but NOT the Grey Warden Treaties. Return to camp and talk to Duncan and report "We have the blood, but not the scrolls." This will exit out of the conversation, but WILL give you the experience for the mission. Rinse and repeat until you are at the desired level. It takes very little time to shoot up to lvl 25(cap) if you press X to skip the conversations and speed up the process.

InfernoX222
11-06-2009, 01:55 AM
In Ostargar, there is a mission called Tainted Blood that takes place right before you become a Grey Warden. Simply collect the three Vials of Darkspawn Blood but NOT the Grey Warden Treaties. Return to camp and talk to Duncan and report "We have the blood, but not the scrolls." This will exit out of the conversation, but WILL give you the experience for the mission. Rinse and repeat until you are at the desired level. It takes very little time to shoot up to lvl 25(cap) if you press X to skip the conversations and speed up the process.

Though not a glitcher myself... Nice find

MasterJon08
11-06-2009, 02:12 AM
Do all your party members get experience for this? I don't have the game

kr4t0s
11-06-2009, 02:23 AM
That could be really useful for the get "3 chars to lvl 20 achievement". If you don't fancy playing the game 3 times.

MasterJon08
11-06-2009, 02:46 AM
That could be really useful for the get "3 chars to lvl 20 achievement". If you don't fancy playing the game 3 times.

You're going to have to play the game quite a few times to get completionist and all the romances

wizzlestick
11-06-2009, 03:39 AM
You're going to have to play the game quite a few times to get completionist and all the romances

I've gotten every romance except one and I had barely been into the first main storyline quest. I guess I'm a whore. The only reason I can't get them all is because Morrogan isn't into women.. what a tease.

MasterJon08
11-06-2009, 03:41 AM
I've gotten every romance except one and I had barely been into the first main storyline quest. I guess I'm a whore. The only reason I can't get them all is because Morrogan isn't into women.. what a tease.

Regardless, you certainly cannot get all of the endings in one playthrough.

Murrots
11-06-2009, 03:44 AM
how far into the game is this mission "tainted blood" that you can glitch up xp.

Demosthenes
11-06-2009, 03:48 AM
how far into the game is this mission "tainted blood" that you can glitch up xp.

Right after you complete the "Origin" with a character. So like an hour or two in to the game, I'd say.

Murrots
11-06-2009, 03:56 AM
alright thanks man.

Chuppernicus
11-06-2009, 05:25 AM
Hmm, well I guess if your just playing the game for the points I guess that's a good find.

Kinda like deciding to have sex by yourself when you could be having sex with a partner, it's quicker(I'd hope for your lady friends sake) but not as much fun I'd think.

I'll stick to the normal way but thanks.

banej
11-06-2009, 05:44 AM
Great find! *Tag for future use* :)

Demosthenes
11-06-2009, 04:40 PM
Well the plan is to just get all 3 level 20 achievements and then just play the game as intended. Some people might not want to get 3 different characters to level 20 so this is pretty neat and easy. It took me like 15 minutes to get to level 25.

I'd recommend doing this glitch now before it is fixed. The game pretty much ends like at level 18 for most people, according to the DAO forums, so getting to level 20 three separate times could be challenging for some. Remember the game is 80+ hours. That would mean that you will have to invest 240+ hours easily just to get these three achievements.
And with the plethora of games that are just about to be released, I don't have that type of time to invest in one game.

sinlessdeeds
11-06-2009, 05:54 PM
Actually you can get all of the endings in one playthrough because i did it. you have to make a few saves. one save before the part when you have to choose if your going to make logain a grey warden thus losing allistar in ur party, or keep allister and punish logain for his crimes. u need an ending with each choice making sure they are always in ur party. the next save u want to make is before you go to redcliffe in the final quest. morrigan will be in your bedroom and she will propose a way out. say yes to her and thats another ending.

MasterJon08
11-06-2009, 09:24 PM
Actually you can get all of the endings in one playthrough because i did it. you have to make a few saves. one save before the part when you have to choose if your going to make logain a grey warden thus losing allistar in ur party, or keep allister and punish logain for his crimes. u need an ending with each choice making sure they are always in ur party. the next save u want to make is before you go to redcliffe in the final quest. morrigan will be in your bedroom and she will propose a way out. say yes to her and thats another ending.

How many endings are there? It's disappointing that they can be altered so easily.

sinlessdeeds
11-06-2009, 09:48 PM
there are 4 endings in total. 1 where you agree with morrigan. 2 when you sacrifice yourself at the end. 3 where you let allistar sacrifice himself. and 4 where you let logain sacrifce himself.

Scrapdaddy
11-07-2009, 03:42 AM
I wish I saw this earlier. I just finished my 1st playthru and just barely squeaked out my warrior's 20th level before the last boss fight. Using your tip starting the 2nd playthru and I have since maxed out my mage in half an hour. Worked like a charm. Great find and saved a ton of time. Should be added to the roadmap and guide if it is not there already. Thanks!

Demosthenes
11-07-2009, 07:52 AM
I'm glad someone found it of service.

chaos915
11-08-2009, 05:05 AM
The exp glitch gets you about 750 exp each time.

Lv20 has achievements so assuming you do almost everything you can reach 20(though some have been as high as lv23), your going to need 61000 more exp to reach lv25. Going from lv4-14 is 57500 exp, so you would need 3500 more exp after reaching 14.

It may be easier to just go straight to lv16+7500 exp, that way if you played through and only got enough exp to reach 18 (without the glitch) you'll still reach 25 by the end.

The exp glitch has a few side effects, some good some bad.

*The dog stays at level 3, so if you planned to use the dog forget about it.

*All allies except for Alistair will auto-level(attributes,skills,and talents/spells). Auto-level is bad in this game.

*If you don't have specializations unlocked and you reach lv25 you can't learn any of the skills, so if it's your first time don't distribute points at past level 17(since you need 8 talent points).

*All enemies past the ritual will scale(within the limits for an area) to around your level. Though loot also scales, giving an advantage to your enemies at first. Until you start getting better equipment the enemies can be tough. On hard mode the bandits on the bridge are tough even with the dragon blood armor.

tylrcol
11-08-2009, 07:42 AM
yes the whole party gets leveled up and as you recieve more characters they are already leveled up

specularblinky
11-08-2009, 11:23 AM
*The dog stays at level 3, so if you planned to use the dog forget about it. i think that is only true in the human nobel story because you get the dog early, in the other storys you get him later and he will be auto lvled up to you

chaos915
11-08-2009, 03:43 PM
My numbers were slightly off yesterday.

These numbers are rounded up to starting at lv4 to make things easier.

*Extra Exp*---------*Level from 4*
22-25 (39000 exp) = Lv11+4000 exp
21-25 (51000 exp) = Lv13+1500 exp
20-25 (62500 exp) = Lv14+5000 exp
19-25 (73500 exp) = Lv15+7500 exp
18-25 (84000 exp) = Lv16+9000 exp

Shooting for exactly lv15 gives you a 3500exp cushion, in case you end up falling just short of the exp for 1-20.

I doubt they'll fix this exploit, based on the fact that a similar exploit was never fixed in mass effect.

chaos915
11-08-2009, 09:48 PM
If your a human noble,The dog will catch up to your level(will be whatever level you were back when he rejoins for the tower) if you remove him from your party. The dog doesn't auto-level, so his stats/talents can be set the way you want. All the exp he earned in the tower is wasted.

T i o u Z
11-08-2009, 09:50 PM
YouTube- Dragon Age Origins: Power Level Guide

Oinkness
11-09-2009, 06:09 AM
I glitched up to level 25 and the achievement does not unlock.

TotalAbyssDeath
11-09-2009, 07:08 AM
I glitched up to level 25 and the achievement does not unlock.

You need to spend your tallent pointsa and such I used my points each level and the achievement unlocked for my mage ocne it hit 20 it is 25 now.

LeakyBung
11-09-2009, 10:15 AM

Not true, kind of. You can save before the landsmeet and from there choose to side with Allistair one time and then unpon completion, reload and side with Loghain. Let them do their business at the end, and then just replay then end fight twice more to get the other two endings. So it would be about two hours more game-play to get them all.

General Boredom
11-13-2009, 03:40 PM
Just tried the glitch with a Rogue. Went from 3-21, spent all my points and I didn't get the achievement.

Scrapdaddy
11-14-2009, 10:05 AM
Just tried the glitch with a Rogue. Went from 3-21, spent all my points and I didn't get the achievement.

You have to stop once you reach level 20 for the achievement. Once it pops you can continue on to level 25 if you want to.

SupremeRapier
11-14-2009, 10:44 AM
you just have to use your points before you can get the achievement

The GunOfTheWest
11-14-2009, 11:02 AM
I just did it with a rogue and got it fine. It's the only lvl20 ach I have so far.

Muse89
11-14-2009, 11:30 AM
probably use this to get the heavy hitter achievement, level up to 25 and put everything into strength and stamina

Incognito
11-14-2009, 03:41 PM
probably use this to get the heavy hitter achievement, level up to 25 and put everything into strength and stamina

You can get Heavy Hitter at level 6 if you pick a Rogue and put every skill point into archery so you get Master Archer and Arrow of Slaying. You should easily do 250 damage with the AoS at that level.

Muse89
11-14-2009, 04:01 PM
You can get Heavy Hitter at level 6 if you pick a Rogue and put every skill point into archery so you get Master Archer and Arrow of Slaying. You should easily do 250 damage with the AoS at that level.

ah i didnt of that, thanks alot

SupremeRapier
11-14-2009, 09:41 PM
yeah I wanted to be safe and did it at 25 cause I had put most of my points into dex and my first shot did 800+ damage x.x lol

flyingkoala
11-18-2009, 10:26 PM
So what's the deal with this glitch? I saw a post talking about possible "side effects" for it, is it confirmed? Should you do it til level 17 and just keep going through the game.

Drag0n
11-19-2009, 01:22 AM
This isn't working for me - the enemies don't respawn after I've killed them. What's going on?

Moetrich
11-24-2009, 07:33 PM
thanks for sharing.
just tried it with my mage. switched over to dwarf warrior after mage wasn't as much fun as i expected during the origins story. so i already had him at ostagar.
took me 5minutes to get 3 blood vials, and another 10min to powerlvl from 4 to 20 :woop:

definitly have to do another origins story with a rogue now.
warrior will be at a totally legit lvl20 soon anyways..

SvD.HaZe
11-25-2009, 01:54 AM
i gotta remember to use this when i get the game haha..im sure it will make things much easier

Jadedcherub420
11-29-2009, 10:57 PM
can anyone confirm if this still works? Did what the OP said, and it just cleared my vial collecting quest. I saved before incase something like this happened. Tips? Advice?

-edit. In response to my earlier post, when I did not talk to the soldier or gather the flower, it worked. However, I saved and reloaded in an effort to force a respawn, which then cleared the quest again. Rather confusing. Anyway, for those that have been sucessful, how do you continue when you run out of darkspawn?

-Okay, since the original post was not clear, and as a previous poster had the same issue, you DO NOT need to gather more blood. After the initial turn in, repeat the dialouge for the exp.

BIGbivvie
12-01-2009, 08:27 AM

hahahahahaa:eek:

PipBoy1978
12-05-2009, 07:39 PM
Hmm, well I guess if your just playing the game for the points I guess that's a good find.

Kinda like deciding to have sex by yourself when you could be having sex with a partner, it's quicker(I'd hope for your lady friends sake) but not as much fun I'd think.

I'll stick to the normal way but thanks.

If you are a member of this site then normal play went out the window a long time ago! Normal play is playing a game with "NO" help at all! Your gamerscore and post count shows that you use this site a lot and haven't played normal. So, quick kidding yourself and quit posting snide remarks. No one cares to hear it! Quit using this site if you want to play the normal way!

Now, back to this post. I don't have this game yet but I think this is a great find!

Does this affect your character in later game play? What I mean is do you miss out on anything by leveling to quickly? If so, I will play the "normal way" LOL the first playthrough then try this my second go round.

Thanks for posting!

pigeons_nest
12-12-2009, 12:45 AM
I just Power Leveled up to 22 and spent all of my points etc but no achievement?!

How do you learn the specializations aswell? I have 2 points but it doesnt let me learn anything?

Quartered Drummer
12-12-2009, 01:13 AM
I just Power Leveled up to 22 and spent all of my points etc but no achievement?!

How do you learn the specializations aswell? I have 2 points but it doesnt let me learn anything?
....you have to level up to 20 then stop and use all your points up for the achievement to unlock. Then continue the glitch up to 25.

Psychotic Kong
12-12-2009, 03:06 AM
....you have to level up to 20 then stop and use all your points up for the achievement to unlock. Then continue the glitch up to 25.

I used this glitch so i could use my Blood Dragon Armor, but i dont like this glitch cuz all of your enemies level up with you, and only allistar and the dog will get to level 25, the other characters don't and in every battle you r outnumber:uzi:.

LokiTN
12-17-2009, 06:13 PM
I can confirm this works as of this morning.

However, how do I assign all my attributes since I'm not specialized? I can't leave any of them unassigned, so looks like it is all or nothing.

DOOKH8R
12-22-2009, 03:16 AM
Nice catch dude. After battling to 20+ with warrior and rogue, it was nice to get the mage to 25 quickly. Thanks

tertaim
12-22-2009, 12:40 PM
i boosted my roque to twenty, from there it wont lvl up anymore, and the achievement did not show up at all. Spend al the talentpoints tho

Tussell
12-25-2009, 09:30 AM
How the hell do people find crap like this so quickly?! It drives me up a wall! :p

DaveChaos
12-25-2009, 01:04 PM
thanks for the tip dude!:woop:

Soraking007
01-04-2010, 05:02 PM
Regardless, you certainly cannot get all of the endings in one playthrough. Actually you can just check the roadmap you just have to save before the meeting for the landsmeet.

BLACKPANTHERVII
01-04-2010, 11:27 PM
Actually you can just check the roadmap you just have to save before the meeting for the landsmeet.

Definately can do all in one playthrough if you have the save in an appropiate place, I know this for a fact because I did it myself.

Sizzlebuzz
01-05-2010, 08:22 PM
I just did this for the level 20 mage achievement and to see how the mage I wanted to make would turn out. I feel kind of bad, but I also feel happy that I don't have to grind another 15 hours on top of the time I have already put into this game just to get an achievement. Now I feel as if I can play and have some fun on a character type I actually like if I want to.

00:19:45
00:33:37
00:39:27
00:53:20
04:58:26 (Current playthrough)
20:22:49 (Casual playthrough to level 20)
40:24:38 (First character)

I have spent a total time of around 70 hours playing this game. Those small times were me doing the origins. I have almost spent 3 complete days playing this game. Which isn't rare for an RPG though. Although this is a very short game if you want it to be.

Definately can do all in one playthrough if you have the save in an appropiate place, I know this for a fact because I did it myself.

Indeed, this person is right.

I saved a file before the meet. I then completed one of the paths. Loaded and did another path. It can be done in one playthrough, but you've still got to play through the end of the game, which is tedious when doing it three times in a row. I saved the market area and the ending I wanted for the last time though.

Wes Ide
01-05-2010, 09:40 PM
I just bought this game today and may do this first to get it out of the way, then play "for real" with an actual character.

Thanks and hope it still works.

Damnil82
01-06-2010, 01:40 AM
Is the glitch still working or has it been patched?