PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Age Origins Secret Achievement *Spoilers*

FalseHope4829
11-06-2009, 02:37 AM
http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/9o/Wq/14CLiGJhbC9HCBsFG1lTWUMwL2FjaC8wLzIzAAAAAOfn5-iFheo=.jpgDragonslayer
Defeated the dragon guarding the Urn of Sacred Ashes
30 http://live.xbox.com/xweb/lib/images/G_Icon_External.gif

After you do whatever it is that you choose with the Sacred Ashes, you exit the temple and meet the leader of the cult. After whatever you decide happens with that (i personally slaughtered them), go up the hill directly in front of you and there will be a small gong. Activate it and the Great Dragon will come down and prolly hand you your ass. Just saying be very prepared as it is extremely tough to kill this one. Get your buffs, spells, weapons, tactics, hot keys and whatever ready to go. Obviously save manually before hitting the gong since it's pretty likely you'll die. Heal all injuries so your party can start at 100%. Frost weapons/enchantments/spells are pretty effective. Avoid skills like Taunt, you'll want the hurt distributed evenly. Have many lyrium and health potions. If you have never had to face a tough RPG foe before, use the tried and true simple tactics of having your mage the healer (assuming you were wise and gave her Heal, etc) and also have her send out party buffs. Any one else who has similar abilities take advantage of that. Fire resistance is also extremely helpful since it is a friggin fire breathing dragon. Don't let the AI do all the work, you will need to step in and manually control your party yourself. Micromanage as much as necessary to keep your folks alive and doing what they need to do. It drops some sweet loot too btw.

FYI, I already submitted the achievement info in so don't waste your time trying to take credit. If you already knew of this achievement, or any other secret achievements for that matter, shame on you for not contributing to the community. Feel free to add your own tactics and strategies to help others, it's possible I assume people know what i'm talking about so help me out lol. Hope this helps and good luck!

Sporty Flea
11-06-2009, 02:41 AM
Wow, a little defensive, and angry...Lol.

Um...congrats?

G315T
11-06-2009, 02:46 AM
FYI, I already submitted the achievement info in so don't waste your time trying to take credit.

lol RAWR.. go you.

Cloak
11-06-2009, 02:49 AM
or instead of the indepth explaination on how to beat the dragon, you can turn the difficult down to casual and it's easy as hell. That's how i did it.

69bigplayer69
11-06-2009, 04:00 AM
where u get the key form?

Komrade Kayce
11-06-2009, 04:14 AM
or instead of the indepth explaination on how to beat the dragon, you can turn the difficult down to casual and it's easy as hell. That's how i did it.

Lol, here, I re-wrote the achievement for him

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/9o/Wq/14CLiGJhbC9HCBsFG1lTWUMwL2FjaC8wLzIzAAAAAOfn5-iFheo=.jpgDragonslayer
Defeated the dragon guarding the Urn of Sacred Ashes
30 http://live.xbox.com/xweb/lib/images/G_Icon_External.gif

After you do whatever it is that you choose with the Sacred Ashes, you exit the temple and meet the leader of the cult. After whatever you decide happens with that (i personally slaughtered them), go up the hill directly in front of you and there will be a small gong. Press start, change the difficulty to casual and then activate it. The Great Dragon will come down and get smoked.

It drops some sweet loot too btw.

(See? Isn't that much easier to follow?)

EDIT: Oh yeah I'm lettin you all know that I came up with this first and I'm submittin it to the guide so don't you dare try to take credit! Especially you, over in the corner, who I stole the idea from in the first place!

Lol, yeah, nobody dare take credit for the original, overly complicated version that obviously needs stern warnings in case anyone tries to do so. Aha.

Cloak
11-06-2009, 04:56 AM
i'll take split the credit with you guys cause i'm that generous! lol

FalseHope4829
11-06-2009, 05:09 AM
Turning the difficulty down to easy is the cheap way out. In fact why I don't just pay someone to play games for me just baffles me. But who am i to judge those who simply throw a game on easy so they have no challenge at all. Or is it I have the skill to not have to throw a roofie in to get my way :p.

And its funny how you take the time to criticize others but not to explain how or what the secret achievement was when you most likely unlocked it before me. Stop trolling sir.

Sporty Flea
11-06-2009, 05:56 AM
Turning the difficulty down to easy is the cheap way out. In fact why I don't just pay someone to play games for me just baffles me. But who am i to judge those who simply throw a game on easy so they have no challenge at all. Or is it I have the skill to not have to throw a roofie in to get my way :p.

And its funny how you take the time to criticize others but not to explain how or what the secret achievement was when you most likely unlocked it before me. Stop trolling sir.

Since when did people start splitting up the achievement guides into pieces and posting them?

That's right they didn't. Your duty to the site was handled when you uploaded the info to them, this thread is useless, either write a achievement guide or don't. Don't post this crap bragging about you finding this.

v SnOwMaN v
11-06-2009, 09:05 AM

Its called enjoying the game for some. Maybe some people don't like playing a game and dying every 5 mins in the same area. Yea bigger satisfaction for beating on a harder difficulty, but more fun when you don't die so quick.

when_vegans_attack
11-06-2009, 09:24 AM
Someone already mentioned this achievement a few days ago, it's nothing new.

Wait?! you must've copied the person who talked about it a few days ago! Shame on you for trying to take credit for someone else's idea! ;)

JayLeo08
11-06-2009, 11:19 AM
actually i posted this achievement about an hour ago, look at the post times. This dragon is really easy, equip your mage with healing, use the dog as well. Make the dog aggressive, and run away from the dragon making sure the mage, and other party member go with you. The dog will sit and attack, and the mage will heal it.

G315T
11-06-2009, 01:25 PM

This site is effectively dedicated to discerning the quickest and easiest ways to get achievements. Your disgruntled retort about cheapness and playing games the right way will not get you very far here.

Komrade Kayce
11-06-2009, 03:28 PM

Well then how about you go and write your own guide on how to play the game on hard, and the rest of us will go read and contribute to the guide about how to get the achievements.

Since, yknow, its an ACHIEVEMENT guide.

Then the rest of us will cry and whine that you're ignoring our ideas about how to play the game on hard and how others better damn well not steal anything.

Seriously, lol, what a joke.

EDIT: Because stupid wireless keyboard forgot some letters.

FalseHope4829
11-08-2009, 04:31 AM
Well then how about you go and write your own guide on how to play the game on hard, and the rest of us will go read and contribute to the guide about how to get the achievements.

Since, yknow, its an ACHIEVEMENT guide.

Then the rest of us will cry and whine that you're ignoring our ideas about how to play the game on hard and how others better damn well not steal anything.

Seriously, lol, what a joke.

Lmao I suppose the next time I find a secret achievement before it's been posted, as opposed to being mentioned in some obscure thread, i'll be sure to keep that to myself from now on. Ungrateful lol. And I will not write an achievement guide because I have written one before for this site and it's just far too time consuming. Kudos to those who have the time (unlike myself) or the patience.

And the whole stealing, wow, haha. Reading too far into that.

AND I was simply offering a strategy that I used, for the purists of this site. Any half brained washout can figure out that turning down the difficulty in the game will, in fact and surprisingly :eek:, make the fight less difficult :eek:. Since you know, that's what turning it down to an easier difficulty does.