PDA

View Full Version : DLC achievements

Cloak
11-06-2009, 04:59 AM
I realize it's been done to death on how they're NOT working, so i decided to make a thread trying to get information on WHEN they will be. I really wanna do these 2 side quests but not getting the achievements is preventing me. Overrall games fantastic minus this one hiccup.

Here's to it being fixed...ASAP haha

Wulfaur
11-06-2009, 07:41 AM
I didn't even know there were DLC achievements, I just did the DLC quests and got the achievements, guess I'm just lucky.

Dragonmaster700
11-06-2009, 08:34 AM
I got the achievement for the stone prisoner DLC. How exactly arent they working? Are they just not unlocking for some ppl?

C4pt_Chunk
11-06-2009, 09:55 AM
You guys may think you have unlocked the achievement but you haven't if you don't believe me count up your gamerscore achieved from the game it will add up to what you have gotten minus the DLC you have gotten. Reload your gamer profile and wait for a fix.

Seiryu
11-06-2009, 11:42 AM
I realize it's been done to death on how they're NOT working, so i decided to make a thread trying to get information on WHEN they will be. I really wanna do these 2 side quests but not getting the achievements is preventing me. Overrall games fantastic minus this one hiccup.

Here's to it being fixed...ASAP haha
No one knows when they will be updated to work properly, except for possibly the employees of Bioware and/or EA. Anything anyone says here will just be idle speculation. It will get fixed when it gets fixed and not a minute sooner, and there is nothing we can do about it but wait.

I didn't even know there were DLC achievements, I just did the DLC quests and got the achievements, guess I'm just lucky.
I got the achievement for the stone prisoner DLC. How exactly arent they working? Are they just not unlocking for some ppl?
As C4pt_Chunk said, you think you have the achievements, but you don't really. The problem is that the achievements do not appear on Microsoft's servers yet, and therefore do not show up on xbox.com. The achievement that you see only appears locally on your xbox and can not be seen by anyone else looking at your profile.

Even after it is updated to make the achievements appear properly for all to see, yours will still be messed up. The way to fix this is that you have to recover your gamertag, which will delete the DLC achievements from your account, then unlock them again.

To further complicate this, there have been reports that the achievements are glitched. If you unlock them now and then erase them by recovering your gamertag they can not be unlocked again. This seems to be caused by some kind of issue involving the EA/Bioware servers. Seeing as EA does not use Microsoft's servers and instead uses there own servers for all games they release, it seems that there is some kind of tracking on the EA server that knows when you unlock an achievement, and the makes it so that that achievement can not be unlocked a second time. This may also have something to do with the Bioware social account that you had to make in order to download the DLC in the first place, or perhaps I am just completely wrong on all counts, no one knows.