PDA

View Full Version : "Defender" achievement question - possible spoilers

when_vegans_attack
11-06-2009, 04:13 PM
Has anyone gotten this yet?

Defender 20
Preserved the lives of half the troops at Denerim's Gates in "The Final Battle."

I'm at this point in the game and I'm reluctant to call on the troops because I don't really know how the achievement works. I have 50 Dwarves, 50 guys from Redcliff, 50 Dalish, and 12 Mages. I haven't lost any of them but I'm at a point where it's impossible to summon them and not have them die and I don't think I can beat this part without reinforcements.

What does "half the troops" mean? The overall half?
Or can I, for instance, not let more than 6 mages (or 25 Dwarfs, etc.) die?

Has anyone else gotten this - how did it work?

Sporty Flea
11-06-2009, 04:38 PM
Has anyone gotten this yet?

Defender 20
Preserved the lives of half the troops at Denerim's Gates in "The Final Battle."

I'm at this point in the game and I'm reluctant to call on the troops because I don't really know how the achievement works. I have 50 Dwarves, 50 guys from Redcliff, 50 Dalish, and 12 Mages. I haven't lost any of them but I'm at a point where it's impossible to summon them and not have them die and I don't think I can beat this part without reinforcements.

What does "half the troops" mean? The overall half?
Or can I, for instance, not let more than 6 mages (or 25 Dwarfs, etc.) die?

Has anyone else gotten this - how did it work?

It's a fair question, I don't know how much I can help, because I did get it, but I'm not sure if it was because the army I used had 25+ left in it, or if it was because my entire army was at > 50% strength, I know I had both. I know this doesn't help a lot, sorry. lol