PDA

View Full Version : DLC Achievements Fixed at Last!

Pages : [1] 2

Beagle Ninja
11-06-2009, 10:21 PM
I just noticed that on Xbox.com the DLC achievements are finally showing up. Searched the forum and noticed that no one had posted this. Hope this helps :-)

TheMollywhopper
11-06-2009, 10:32 PM
lol I just came here to post this! Can anyone confirm that things are fine and dandy now for sure or is it still theory?

Sporty Flea
11-06-2009, 10:37 PM
im sure they are....now I just need to figure out how to clean up my account -.-

Mars Renegade
11-06-2009, 10:45 PM
They are showing up on the website, but they are not fixed. I am still not showing having any of them, even though I have two.

dpenguin
11-06-2009, 11:35 PM
They are showing up on the website, but they are not fixed. I am still not showing having any of them, even though I have two.

I'm pretty sure that even after the fix those of us that have them unlocked will need to go through that process of recovering our GT and re earn them. Does anyone know if they fixed the issue with them not being able to be re earned after recovering your GT?

TheMollywhopper
11-06-2009, 11:38 PM
Ok, I don't know about those who got the cheevedos prior to today but I just got my first one and all is well!

T i o u Z
11-07-2009, 12:15 AM
That's pissin me off

Ray5555
11-07-2009, 12:23 AM
I'm pretty sure that even after the fix those of us that have them unlocked will need to go through that process of recovering our GT and re earn them. Does anyone know if they fixed the issue with them not being able to be re earned after recovering your GT?

Well I just deleted my Profile, and the achievements were gone. So when I recovered my GT I started to play from the start of the Warden's keep quest. I finished it and drank the elixer, and none of the achievements that I unlocked before recovering my GT unlocked.

Sporty Flea
11-07-2009, 12:34 AM
Well I just deleted my Profile, and the achievements were gone. So when I recovered my GT I started to play from the start of the Warden's keep quest. I finished it and drank the elixer, and none of the achievements that I unlocked before recovering my GT unlocked.

Start a new playthrough.

dpenguin
11-07-2009, 12:37 AM
Start a new playthrough.

I thought starting a new playthrough wouldn't work because they don't allow you to unlock the achievements again after recovering your GT?

Ray5555
11-07-2009, 12:39 AM

Actually I mentioned this in my post yesterday. But it was brushed off.

LanceX
11-07-2009, 12:44 AM
they are fixed. Recover your account and recieve ANOTHER achievement. Meaning a non DLC achievement. Hopefully you havent 1000/1000 it

dpenguin
11-07-2009, 12:47 AM
they are fixed. Recover your account and recieve ANOTHER achievement. Meaning a non DLC achievement. Hopefully you havent 1000/1000 it

Awesome. Will try this once I finish this play through.

xDrDeath
11-07-2009, 12:56 AM
Im having a wierd problem I have unlocked 8 achievements so far, 3 being from the DLC. It says i only have 120 gamerscore in the game but when i manually add up the achievements I should have 170. Any ideas on what the hell is going on?

Sporty Flea
11-07-2009, 12:57 AM

That's interesting, does that mean you don't have to start a new playthrough?

LanceX
11-07-2009, 12:59 AM
thats what xbox.com said. they said to recover GT then gain ANOTHER achievement. They didnt say Redo the DLC.

DrDeath, Recover your GT

LanceX
11-07-2009, 01:02 AM
Hey Everyone,

We noticed that there have been a few of you out there that have been having some issues with the achievement points for the downloadable content available in Dragon Age: Origins. For those of you that unlocked the achievements for Warden's Keep and The Stone Prisoner but did not receive their respective achievement points, I have good news! The issue has been fixed and there are two very simple ways for you to get back those missing points!

1)Perform an account recovery

2)Earn another achievement in Dragon’s Age: Origins

That’s all there is to it!

PS – If you need help performing an account recovery check out this link :Account Recovery (http://bit.ly/3syqOu)

LanceX
11-07-2009, 01:03 AM
Sadly it seems MAYBE if youve done it already its still glitched. Can someone that has the achies glitched recover and get another achievement?

xDrDeath
11-07-2009, 01:22 AM
it says i have the achievements unlocked. when i look at my list of games dragon age says i have 8 unlocked for a total of 120. when i actually click on dragon age and look at the achievements ive unlocked it says 10 unlocked for 170. My friend said that he cant veiw the two i unlocked from wardens keep. so what should i do will recovering the account fix it?

dpenguin
11-07-2009, 01:26 AM
it says i have the achievements unlocked. when i look at my list of games dragon age says i have 8 unlocked for a total of 120. when i actually click on dragon age and look at the achievements ive unlocked it says 10 unlocked for 170. My friend said that he cant veiw the two i unlocked from wardens keep. so what should i do will recovering the account fix it?

That's what this entire thread is about. Recover your GT, earn any other achievement in the game and it should be fixed.

FrankMcClane
11-07-2009, 01:33 AM
I just did the account recover thing and it took away my shale achievement... So now I suppose I will find out if I can get it back once I have my next playthrough.

xDrDeath
11-07-2009, 01:42 AM
That's what this entire thread is about. Recover your GT, earn any other achievement in the game and it should be fixed.

I just recovered my gamertag and it took away both my warden keep achievements, is it supposed to do that or do i have to beat the dlc again also?

TotalAbyssDeath
11-07-2009, 01:53 AM
Same, I recovered my gamer tag and it took all my dlc achievements away, Now I guss ill have to redue them at some time and to get another achievement will take a bit as well.

Hopefully this is all fixed now.

Mars Renegade
11-07-2009, 02:01 AM

This did not work either for me, unfortunately. The Warden's Keep related achievements went back to being locked, but they did not unlock again when getting another achievement.

TotalAbyssDeath
11-07-2009, 02:04 AM
You will probably have to do the dlc achievements again just start a new char get a new achievements ne you don't have than go do the dlc ones again. But that is just my thought.

Maybe that wont work and they are still glitched and if so I screwed my self over by recovering my gamer tag and loseing those achievements. Even though they didn'tadd to my gamer score I still had them.

xDrDeath
11-07-2009, 02:19 AM
I recovered my gamertag and lost both wardens keep achievements. I unlocked a regular achievement from the main game and they did not unlock again so i guess no im going to try and beat the dlc again and see if they will unlock again. If they dont I to screwed myself cause i had them unlocked

xDrDeath
11-07-2009, 03:12 AM
ok so i just beat the dlc again and this time it didnt unlock at all!!!! This insane. Does anybody know what to do? I already recovered my gamertag and got another achievement after that and beat the dlc again and nothing.

TotalAbyssDeath
11-07-2009, 03:14 AM
I am guessing unless there is an update to fix this. We are basicly SOL on those 4 achievements.

wizzlestick
11-07-2009, 03:26 AM
Has anyone who wasn't previously plagued with this glitch done the DLC since today and had it work as intended?

If not then there is no point in all this hassle for people trying to recover lost gamerpoints as it will all be in vain until they have made an actual fix.

If someone has then sorry for all you glitched people try to be patient. I have a feeling however, that it is still not working regardless of if you already had the achievement or not.

Ray5555
11-07-2009, 04:00 AM
Has anyone who wasn't previously plagued with this glitch done the DLC since today and had it work as intended?

If not then there is no point in all this hassle for people trying to recover lost gamerpoints as it will all be in vain until they have made an actual fix.

If someone has then sorry for all you glitched people try to be patient. I have a feeling however, that it is still not working regardless of if you already had the achievement or not.

Yeah I started the stone prisoner quest after it was "fixed" and the achievement is on my account. So yes other than this glitch the achievements that you unlock in the DLC from now on will unlock normally.

wizzlestick
11-07-2009, 04:16 AM
Yeah I started the stone prisoner quest after it was "fixed" and the achievement is on my account. So yes other than this glitch the achievements that you unlock in the DLC from now on will unlock normally.

Awesome thank you was hard to ascertain any useful info for people in that scenario.

theBigD23
11-07-2009, 04:19 AM
I don't want to risk ruining the game. Has ANYONE had success with the recover account, then actually getting the DLC after getting another achievement without having to do the whole thing all over again?

bps21
11-07-2009, 09:53 AM
This doesn't help the people who have been screwed by this.

T i o u Z
11-07-2009, 10:36 AM
Hey Everyone,

We noticed that there have been a few of you out there that have been having some issues with the achievement points for the downloadable content available in Dragon Age: Origins. For those of you that unlocked the achievements for Warden's Keep and The Stone Prisoner but did not receive their respective achievement points, I have good news! The issue has been fixed and there are two very simple ways for you to get back those missing points!

1)Perform an account recovery

2)Earn another achievement in Dragonís Age: Origins

Thatís all there is to it!

PS Ė If you need help performing an account recovery check out this link :Account Recovery (http://bit.ly/3syqOu)

So I got to recover my gamertag, after that I unlock any achievement in Dragon Age: Origins and I will have the DLC achievement coming back?

th3warr1or
11-07-2009, 10:45 AM
What does this mean? :

Account recovery erases any pass codes that are stored in the Xbox Live enabled profile. Therefore, you may have to create new pass codes to help protect the Xbox Live enabled profile.

TotalAbyssDeath
11-07-2009, 10:52 AM
It didn't erase my password for my profile. BTW it didn't give me back my achievements I got a new achievement after I recovered my gamer tag and it didn't give back my 3 dlc achievements so it is still bugged. Maybe you have to redue them or something.

bps21
11-07-2009, 11:37 AM
I achieved the first achievement in the wardens keep before Xbox.com updated their listing.

I recovered my gamertag and then was able to get the second wardens keep achievement.

I started a new play and unlocked 2 regular achievements on the way...

yeah...the one I had unlocked didn't and will not unlock after getting it again.

Does not work in any way.

T i o u Z
11-07-2009, 12:02 PM
Can someone that recovered his gamertag and did the DLC again say if they had the achievement?

Mars Renegade
11-07-2009, 12:52 PM
Anyone tried deleting the DLC off their HD and redownloading it, and seeing if it works after that?

It's probably a stretch, but at this point there may be little else in terms of options.

Mars Renegade
11-07-2009, 01:07 PM
I sent an e-mail to Bioware's customer service about this, I will post what they say here.

th3warr1or
11-07-2009, 01:22 PM
No, I wanna know what GT "password" they are talking about... is that password thing optional? Because I don't think I have a GT pass.

Siduakal77
11-07-2009, 01:48 PM
It's for if you have a password on your profile when you sign into it.. IE:

left Right, up down, ba ba start.

th3warr1or
11-07-2009, 01:50 PM
Oh, so it's like extra security? If I didn't set one I don't have to worry? (how do I set one).

Siduakal77
11-07-2009, 02:05 PM
Right. And use google. I'm not walking you through that :P And this isn't the right place.

TheLegendOf1977
11-07-2009, 02:17 PM
ok so i just beat the dlc again and this time it didnt unlock at all!!!! This insane. Does anybody know what to do? I already recovered my gamertag and got another achievement after that and beat the dlc again and nothing.

I'm with you, i was 10 hours into the game when i ran into this glitch. Recovering my gamertag took ages aswell, now i've played another 3 to 4 hours just to be able to do the keep DLC again and nothing... im really pissed! cant see myself doin everything AGAIN if or when they really fix it:mad:

General Boredom
11-07-2009, 03:04 PM
Both Warden's Keep achievements unlocked fine for me.

th3warr1or
11-07-2009, 03:07 PM
So is it fixed yet or not?

Siduakal77
11-07-2009, 03:14 PM
We KNOW the achievements unlock fine for you IF YOU HADN'T UNLOCKED THEM BEFORE FRIDAY!

This threads more about finding out how we can get them to unlock if we unlocked them before they were up on xbox.

So far reports say..

1) Recover / Redo From start - DOES NOT WORK

2) Recover / Get another achievement - DOES NOT WORK.

Anyone know MS word on this??

Ray5555
11-07-2009, 03:23 PM
We KNOW the achievements unlock fine for you IF YOU HADN'T UNLOCKED THEM BEFORE FRIDAY!

This threads more about finding out how we can get them to unlock if we unlocked them before they were up on xbox.

So far reports say..

http://forums.xbox.com/29851709/ShowPost.aspx

That thread there is confirmation that playing a new game with a new character will not unlock the achievements if you already unlocked them before they were fixed.

xDrDeath
11-07-2009, 03:31 PM
The achievements are not fixed because mine glitched friday night. The stone prisoner unlocked fine but wardens keep unlocked but didn't add the points. DO NOT RECOVER YOUR GT that shit does not work.

ImmortalArbiter
11-07-2009, 03:41 PM
The achievements are not fixed because mine glitched friday night. The stone prisoner unlocked fine but wardens keep unlocked but didn't add the points. DO NOT RECOVER YOUR GT that shit does not work.

Sounds like it's problem with the game, not the process. When this happened in Fallout 3: BoS, I had unlocked two of the mission achievements, recovered my gamertag and they disappeared, but when I loaded up saves right before the mission completions, they unlocked again just fine.

th3warr1or
11-07-2009, 03:48 PM

So far reports say..

Omg that fucking blows. I can't get 1100/1100 because of this now?

Chuppernicus
11-07-2009, 04:34 PM
Looks like the recover gamertag now that achievements are fixed was bad advice? I should've just kept playing and maybe the earn another achievement version would've worked. That's funny.

Oh well I'm sure it will get sorted out. I might try playing though another another character on my other box with a completely new game save and redownloaded DLC. But not any time soon. Games still fun.

The problem we are having is that to many posters were guessing at what "should" work without any proof. To many declarations of "recover your gamertag and it will work" without that poster actually using his or her advice and getting results. We just need a game patch/update or solution that has worked some place besides someone's imagination or in game X in the past. It will get fixed. I'd suggest playing the game and worry about real problems.

If my only problems in life concerned my gamerscore.

dpenguin
11-07-2009, 06:51 PM
I'm sure everything will be settled within time. MS/EA/Whoever know that achievements are a big deal to a large percentage of 360 owners.

zzenigmaxzz
11-07-2009, 07:01 PM

i recovered my gt and have gotten other achievements and still havtn gotten credit for the DLC achievements

Stressneivo
11-07-2009, 08:22 PM
Has this fix reached Europe? Cause my game still shows 1000 points still everywhere

PiMD
11-07-2009, 08:38 PM
Ok so on the Dragon Age Community Page it shows under my 360 profile that I have the achievement but under xbox.com and on the 360 It doesn't show that I have the achievement. One thing someone might want to try is to disconnect your xbox from live and try and play through the dlc and collect the achievements offline. Then turn on your live and let it sync. If anyone tries this please let me know if it works.

I haven't had a chance to try it yet but I am guessing it might work.

Parallax Demon
11-07-2009, 09:01 PM
Has this fix reached Europe? Cause my game still shows 1000 points still everywhere

It has reached Europe. I live in the Netherlands and it's showing 54 achievements for a total of 1100 points. Am only confused that the game shows I can download the two free DLC's, while I already have downloaded them last thursday

Mars Renegade
11-07-2009, 09:07 PM
Ok so on the Dragon Age Community Page it shows under my 360 profile that I have the achievement but under xbox.com and on the 360 It doesn't show that I have the achievement. One thing someone might want to try is to disconnect your xbox from live and try and play through the dlc and collect the achievements offline. Then turn on your live and let it sync. If anyone tries this please let me know if it works.

This is a good idea. Anyone with a save near Warden's Keep/Stone Prisoner able to do try? Mine's gone otherwise I would myself.

TotalAbyssDeath
11-07-2009, 09:34 PM
So still not fixed yet eh? Guess the title of this thread should be changed to "Fixed for people who didn't do the dlc achievements befor friday" But still broken for everyone else.

CursedPete
11-07-2009, 10:09 PM
I got the the stone prisoner dlc achievements yesterday without a problem at all if that helps.

PiMD
11-07-2009, 10:15 PM
I got the the stone prisoner dlc achievements yesterday without a problem at all if that helps.

It is not that we cant get it, it is the fact that some of us already unlocked it and it wont show anywhere, not on xbox or xbox live as receiving it. When we try to re unlock it it wont. So in a couple of hours I am going to be restarting the story, move all my saved games to a memory card, disconnect from live and play through not connected to EA server or Live and see if it will unlock since my xbox doesn't show it as part of the gamer score or even the icon when you go into the game.

Chuppernicus
11-07-2009, 10:30 PM
Ok so on the Dragon Age Community Page it shows under my 360 profile that I have the achievement but under xbox.com and on the 360 It doesn't show that I have the achievement. One thing someone might want to try is to disconnect your xbox from live and try and play through the DLC and collect the achievements offline. Then turn on your live and let it sync. If anyone tries this please let me know if it works.

Good idea. I tried this and no luck. I had already tried the gamertag recovery trick. I have 3 saves right near 3 of the 4 DLC achievements and tried 2 of the three off line and no luck. I even tried pulling the plug and then logging back on to live but not the Dragon Age servers and that didn't work either.

It might be that my Dragon Age community page doesnt show anything for me, unless I'm in the wrong spot. So that might have something to do with it but I doubt it.

I didn't try the start all over path offline yet. I dont see myself honestly doing that any time soon either.

PiMD
11-07-2009, 10:35 PM
On the Dragon Age Community Page goto My Games > Dragon Age Origins 360 > It should then show your Acievements. I tried to delete the profile off the page and then the account but still nothing. I signed back up for the DA Community site and it just imported the setting from my Master EA account. So, who knows. When I try tonight I will start a game from scratch with no saves on the hard drive. Maybe this will be the difference. I will let you know. I will wait till I put my son down for bed about 830ish EST time. So expect to hear something from me after then.

AzureHaseo
11-07-2009, 10:41 PM
Yea hopefully they fix this soon, I did the account recovery when I first found out they didnt work. But, on the dragon age site says i have all 4 dlc achievements.

th3warr1or
11-08-2009, 05:46 AM
This NEEDS to be fixed..

nictasty
11-08-2009, 06:08 AM
It's fixed on mine now. I got the DLC on day one and had unlocked them on day one and it was glitched. I just checked on my live account and now it shows that I have them and it says 54 instead of 50 now so it seems to be fixed.

Minioger
11-08-2009, 06:48 AM
It's fixed on mine now. I got the DLC on day one and had unlocked them on day one and it was glitched. I just checked on my live account and now it shows that I have them and it says 54 instead of 50 now so it seems to be fixed.

Well that's cool.

Unfortunately for those of us who recovered our gamertags we are screwed. I tried using my old non-recovered GT and XBL said it was "invalid". I have tried everything including recovering my GT on my other 360 and starting the game from scratch to re-earn these achievements to no avail. I have also sent a problem to EA/Bioware about this and hopefully they will do something to help fix it :(

XperimntNterror
11-08-2009, 07:38 AM

Um, not to be snotty or anything, but I just did a compare games with you on xbox.com and it doesn't show that you have ANY of the DLC achievements so I don't know what you're talking about unless you did it on a separate account.

On another note, wasn't it MS that was giving the suggestion of recovering the gamertag, earning a new main game achievement and thus causing the afflicted DLC achievements to magically unlock? So, if that's the case, MS is misleading people about this for something that has obviously not been tested on their end. Personally, I think we're all screwed on this (those of us who earned the achievements prior to them being up on xbox.com, anyway). I don't see how a patch from the dev. or publisher would help things since it isn't an issue with game itself. It seems it's more like a conflict with the user account (gamertag) already recognizing the achievements as being unlocked (apparently, gamertag recovery does not remove this from the account) and MS would be the only ones able to correct it. Not sure how though. Manually unlocking the achievements for us on their end? Probably not likely to happen.....:(.

nictasty
11-08-2009, 07:57 AM
Um, not to be snotty or anything, but I just did a compare games with you on xbox.com and it doesn't show that you have ANY of the DLC achievements so I don't know what you're talking about unless you did it on a separate account.

Dude, that totally sucks. When I looked at it I just assumed it was fixed cause I had them before. Guess that means I'll have to get them in my second playthrough.

th3warr1or
11-08-2009, 08:19 AM
^^^ Getting them on a second playthrough DOESN'T WORK EITHER.

Minioger
11-08-2009, 08:37 AM
^^^ Getting them on a second playthrough DOESN'T WORK EITHER.

I can confirm this.

Personally, I think we're all screwed on this (those of us who earned the achievements prior to them being up on xbox.com, anyway). I don't see how a patch from the dev. or publisher would help things since it isn't an issue with game itself. It seems it's more like a conflict with the user account (gamertag) already recognizing the achievements as being unlocked (apparently, gamertag recovery does not remove this from the account) and MS would be the only ones able to correct it. Not sure how though. Manually unlocking the achievements for us on their end? Probably not likely to happen.....:(.

I doubt the manual unlocking, but if everyone complains enough and starts asking for refunds (I know they don't actually give these out) they have to listen to us. It's ridiculous to have day 1 DLC and the achievements become permanently locked for people who actually bought the DLC and received the achievement before they (MS & EA) got their collective heads out of their arses and fixed the problem.

TotalAbyssDeath
11-08-2009, 09:32 AM
Probably going to end up missing all 4 or 3 in my case achievements for this game in the long run. Still no definit fix's for it and it dosn't look like biowear or EA are going to fix it.

Trash Man
11-08-2009, 09:55 AM
Probably going to end up missing all 4 or 3 in my case achievements for this game in the long run. Still no definit fix's for it and it dosn't look like biowear or EA are going to fix it.

I'm sure they will sort it out. It's not been out long, only 2 days here, so give them a chance. I know it should not of happened in the first place but things like this do happen. I had the same with Fallout 3 DLC.

Draken Zero
11-08-2009, 11:28 AM
Really which the OP would change the title of this thread. Since there is currently no fix for the already earned achievements. Coming in here made me sad in the pants.

PiMD
11-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Agreed, I would like to see the title of this thread changed, the DLC Achievements are not fixed, and this is reason enough for me to want and go buy the game on PC or PS3. M$ is good at messing up great things.

LanceX
11-08-2009, 02:54 PM
lol usually its pc and ps3 that messes things up.

luckily i was smart and waited to do the DLC :D. just played the origins

PiMD
11-08-2009, 03:02 PM
Waiting to Play the DLC isn't a smart decision unless you already new about the issue. The people that had the issue had no idea it existed, thus it wouldn't have mattered if they were smart or not.

TroyN
11-08-2009, 03:06 PM
I'm sure they will sort it out. It's not been out long, only 2 days here, so give them a chance. I know it should not of happened in the first place but things like this do happen. I had the same with Fallout 3 DLC.

That's the entire problem though, they didn't have to do anything to fix Fallout 3. The difference here with Dragon Age is that it keeps a running tally on everything you've done. In Fallout 3 every save is a blank slate. If you had the ability you could save before an achievement, get it, delete it, and then reload that save and get it again immediently, delete, and get it again. Everytime you get to a point an achievement is suppose to unlock in Fallout 3, it will unlock. At that point it cross-refrences it with your gamertag. If you already have the achievement then you don't see that process happen but it does.

In Dragon Age... the game doesn't treat anything as a blank slate. From the moment you start your first character everything you do is tracked. So when you hit an achievement, it unlocks, and then that trigger is used. Meaning it can no longer be activated again. It's the game doing this, not the EA servers, not your gamertag, not anything else, it's a core fundamental of how the game works. If you look at the achievement list you'll see a few achievements with the caveat of "Across all playthroughs". That's why the system is like that, it tracks everything you do the second you do it, so that you can have achievements work across all characters. And everything would of been fine had Microsoft not been the laziest company on earth and took half a week to update their servers with DLC that, for all intents and purposes, shipped with the game. It's really inexcusable on their part, it's like just randomly leaving off 300g off of MW2 and then being like "Oops, tough luck".

Unfortunatly, I would bet almost anything that the game is going to have to be patched to let people unlock that achievement again. And I really do worry that won't happen. The number of people is probably very small, since you had to do the DLC for a brand new game within 3 days, so they may not even think it's worth their time to make a patch for it.

The only thing that might work, is deleting everything to do with dragon age on your console. The entire game data and all saves and start completely anew. But with one-time use codes for pre-order/collectors/DLC I don't know how that would work, since EA uses their own redeem thing instead of Microsofts where you could get it from the download list. Even then I don't know if that will reset it, because it may automaticly compile your progress from backup logs.

We're pretty much screwed unless they patch it.

PiMD
11-08-2009, 03:14 PM
I read somewhere that you can't even use your DLC unless you connect to the EA servers, so deleting everything and going offline and trying to play may not even work. Can anyone verify this? It is worth a shot though if you can back up your games to a memory card, delete all your items. Go to download history on Xbox (I verified that all the content packs are there) and redownload all your content. Then pull the plug on your wired or wireless adapter and try and start a new game. Please rush/play through a char and try and do The Stone Prisoner first thing. Let us know if this works, Please?

th3warr1or
11-08-2009, 03:50 PM
God f*cking damn it, please patch it BioWare(or is it MS)?

PiMD
11-08-2009, 03:59 PM
I am chatting with EA right now and they said it is not on their end. Except I am trying to get them to reset my stats for Dragon Age through their servers to see if this may fix the problem. It seems that when you replay the DLC it cross-references with the EA server and their server shows that we have the Achievements and that is why they won't re-unlock. I will post an update soon.

PiMD
11-08-2009, 04:03 PM
Ok they are escalating this issue to whomever. Hopefully we get somewhere.

Siduakal77
11-08-2009, 04:03 PM
I am chatting with EA right now and they said it is not on their end. Except I am trying to get them to reset my stats for Dragon Age through their servers to see if this may fix the problem. It seems that when you replay the DLC it cross-references with the EA server and their server shows that we have the Achievements and that is why they won't re-unlock. I will post an update soon.

If you can get them to reset it and then you're able to unlock the achievements, PLEASE tell us. I'd harass the shit out of them for a progress reset so I could do that. Make my new account and trot my happy ass over both DLC for a quick 100 points.

PiMD
11-08-2009, 04:07 PM
Only issue with creating a new account is the fact that some DLC is attached to the EA account or does the Xbox Live account take this over?

If anyone else wants to harass them about the issue follow this link and login and click the email option and their is a live chat section.

http://help.ea.com (http://help.ea.com/)

-KTA-
11-08-2009, 04:11 PM
hmm yeah mine aren't unlocked on xbox.com still but funny thing is I did shale's memories last night and it's unlocked on xbox.com but not the achievement for gettign shale!!!

But on my xbox it does show unlocked so i'm sure they'll get it sorted eventually.

th3warr1or
11-08-2009, 04:25 PM
Yes. I did Shale's memories achievement and got it as well, added as normal. But the first 3 DLC achievements I did STILL don't work.

PiMD
11-08-2009, 04:27 PM
The only DLC achievement I have unlocked is A Rock in a Hard Place but it doesn't show on my xbox or xbox.com. It shows on the Dragon Age Community site though linked to EA servers. Go figure. I won't even do any more of the DLC until it is fixed.

Mars Renegade
11-08-2009, 04:32 PM
I waited to do the Stone Prisoner DLC until the achievements were fixed, but unfortunately my Warden's Keep ones are victim to the glitch. If you get a solution, please let us know. So far I've had no contact back from EA or Bioware on the issue. :\

PiMD
11-08-2009, 05:10 PM
What really pisses me off that neither EA, M$, or BioWare will even comment on the situation.

Kyai
11-08-2009, 05:15 PM
I waited to do the Stone Prisoner DLC until the achievements were fixed, but unfortunately my Warden's Keep ones are victim to the glitch. If you get a solution, please let us know. So far I've had no contact back from EA or Bioware on the issue. :

I'm in the same boat.

PiMD
11-08-2009, 05:39 PM
Ok, so I moved all my saved games to the memory card and removed the memory card. I then logged into Dragon Age and removed my wireless adapter and didn't connect to the EA servers. All of my DLC showed up except for the 3 Unlockables from Dragon Age Journeys and the Lucky Stone, which all three of which were not downloadable, but showed up under the DLC. So these items are on the Disc but only show up if you are connected to the EA Servers it seems. Next step is to start my new game. Will let you all know what happens soon as I get some time to play.

th3warr1or
11-08-2009, 06:25 PM
What really pisses me off that neither EA, M$, or BioWare will even comment on the situation.
Yes it's fucking annoying.

-KTA-
11-08-2009, 06:52 PM
Yes it's fucking annoying.

Sign it and rage then, let's put some heat on lol:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/336014.page

EvilWays
11-08-2009, 07:31 PM
Which means the fubar is most likely because of those stupid EA servers...why do they need them again? Seems to cause more problems than do any good.

TroyN
11-08-2009, 08:16 PM
Which means the fubar is most likely because of those stupid EA servers...why do they need them again? Seems to cause more problems than do any good.

I really think the answer is much simpler than the EA servers... you guys do see the achievements that say "across all playthroughs" right? That's how the game keeps track of what you've done, if you remove EA servers it still leaves the game with the achievement triggered and no way to reset it. The EA servers may cross-refrence if you were to remove *all* data, but if they simply didn't exist the problem would still be here. It's going to take a patch. Hopefully they learned their lesson and won't make triggers one time only for Mass Effect 2. That's the same reason people can't unlock an achievement again in this game if the game freezes at the same time, with the way it's coded this game triggers an achievement a grand total of 1 time. That's it. So if that one time is messed up in any way (microsoft not having their servers updated, game crash, etc.) then there's no current way to fix it.

EA's servers are simply there to track DLC and for Bioware's own community site, EA servers aren't triggering achievements for you, or else you could only play this game online. Read my earlier post on page 3 if you want the full explanation... I could be wrong but I honestly think if you look at the evidence the problem leans to the actual hard coding of the game, and not simply stat servers.

And that's precisely why I'm worried it's not geting fixed. Chances are overhauling their entire achievement system is going to take alot of time, and for the benefit of only few people. I think Microsoft needs a way to manually award people achievments if you can prove you have them, ala the community site saying we have them. People have tried every solution we have available... it just really sucks. I wish they would atleast acknowledge the problem and tell us wether they will fix it or not. I'm not going to bother with some of the really redundant achievements if I can never get them all anyway.

EvilWays
11-08-2009, 08:38 PM
Well if you recover your gamertag to remove the one's that didn't properly unlock, and even remove the gamesave and start again even with another character it doesn't unlock the DLC achievements, so that leaves one of two things: either it's EA's servers or MS's servers. I'd say it's an EA issue since they have a history of achievements fucking up with their games (Mister NO It All anyone?).

PiMD
11-08-2009, 08:48 PM
Well if you recover your gamertag to remove the one's that didn't properly unlock, and even remove the gamesave and start again even with another character it doesn't unlock the DLC achievements, so that leaves one of two things: either it's EA's servers or MS's servers. I'd say it's an EA issue since they have a history of achievements fucking up with their games (Mister NO It All anyone?). That is why after recovering, and removing all saved games off your HHD should not log into live or EA servers, and try and play again.

Mars Renegade
11-08-2009, 08:58 PM
That is why after recovering, and removing all saved games off your HHD should not log into live or EA servers, and try and play again.

Can we confirm that will work yet?

HeartbreakRidge
11-08-2009, 09:06 PM
Well, I'm in the same boat as a lot of people here, and I filed a report with EA. I figure if everyone does so, maybe, just maybe we will get some clear information from them eventually. :(

T i o u Z
11-08-2009, 09:13 PM
What about making a petition :P?

PiMD
11-08-2009, 09:23 PM
Can we confirm that will work yet? I was going to do it last night but was at the beginning of the Mage tower so I played all the way through it and the dream to receive another achievement to see if it worked. That didn't work but tonight I will do a quick play through another origin and skip all the dialogue and cut scenes I can to test it and let you all know. Won't be till after 830 eastern time though. So 4 more hours.

Komrade Kayce
11-08-2009, 10:58 PM
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/0/336014.page#3208541

I'm going to rush that thread to the front page every single chance I can until we get a damn response.

At first I was miffed about having a game issue.

Now I'm infuriated that they haven't even admitted that theres a problem or that they're looking into it or anything.

HeartbreakRidge
11-09-2009, 12:22 AM
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/0/336014.page#3208541

Now I'm infuriated that they haven't even admitted that theres a problem or that they're looking into it or anything.

I'm annoyed, but hard to get TOO angry just yet - who knows if anyone is 'manning the store' over the weekend, but there really should be an acknowledgement in the next day or so. If not...

Regardless, remember polite persistence will be very important in pressing the issue.

dfenseOwnsu
11-09-2009, 12:43 AM
Im not doing any of that it would take hours to recover my GT and is not worth 2-3 achievements I hope this issh is fixed soon though.

Komrade Kayce
11-09-2009, 01:15 AM
Regardless, remember polite persistence will be very important in pressing the issue.

Yeeeeahhhh... I'm gonna keep myself as polite as I can for now, before I resort to unintelligible speaking in tounges on the phone to customer support. :P

PiMD
11-09-2009, 01:32 AM
Commencing new test now. Details to come.

Komrade Kayce
11-09-2009, 01:38 AM
Commencing new test now. Details to come.

What are you trying?

The only thing I can think of left to do is

1) Recovered GT
2) Cleared Cache
3) Pull ethernet
4) Delete all game saves
5) Run new character through and see what happens

PiMD
11-09-2009, 01:42 AM
What are you trying?

The only thing I can think of left to do is

1) Recovered GT
2) Cleared Cache
3) Pull ethernet
4) Delete all game saves
5) Run new character through and see what happens

Doing this right now ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Komrade Kayce
11-09-2009, 01:45 AM
Doing this right now ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If none of this works, then the achievement information for the game is being stored in your gamertag. I mean, not in the obvious 'achievement unlocked' way, but its keeping track of your information sort of way.

Like how you can take your gamertag to someones house and no gamesaves and its got all your rainbow six information.

EvilWays
11-09-2009, 02:10 AM
If none of this works, then the achievement information for the game is being stored in your gamertag. I mean, not in the obvious 'achievement unlocked' way, but its keeping track of your information sort of way.

Like how you can take your gamertag to someones house and no gamesaves and its got all your rainbow six information.

I'm thinking more along the lines of the info being stored on EA's DA:O servers, separate of achievement unlocked info going to the XBL servers. If it lists them in your DA:O profile (some are saying the achievement(s) show unlocked in the profile but not showing in their XBL profile), then the two sets of servers probably just need to pass information. If that's the case, then it's up to EA and MS to work out.

Just a guess of mine though.

TroyN
11-09-2009, 02:14 AM
I'm thinking more along the lines of the info being stored on EA's DA:O servers, separate of achievement unlocked info going to the XBL servers. If it lists them in your DA:O profile (some are saying the achievement(s) show unlocked in the profile but not showing in their XBL profile), then the two sets of servers probably just need to pass information. If that's the case, then it's up to EA and MS to work out.

Just a guess of mine though.

That's the purpose of the clean slate trial. No internet connection to ever establish a link between the EA server and the game in any way. So if it still doesn't unlock then after wiping all data, then either there's a cache the user can't erase without formating their 360 or the gamertag is storing information in such a way that you can't get around it. The whole thing with EA's servers is the community site. You can turn off the EA servers entirely in options. It's just there for the neat community site, the reason the community site has the achievements listed correctly, is because they had it setup correctly to begin with. Microsoft didn't have the DLC achievements in their database.

Komrade Kayce
11-09-2009, 02:23 AM
That's the purpose of the clean slate trial. No internet connection to ever establish a link between the EA server and the game in any way. So if it still doesn't unlock then after wiping all data, then either there's a cache the user can't erase without formating their 360 or the gamertag is storing information in such a way that you can't get around it. The whole thing with EA's servers is the community site. You can turn off the EA servers entirely in options. It's just there for the neat community site, the reason the community site has the achievements listed correctly, is because they had it setup correctly to begin with. Microsoft didn't have the DLC achievements in their database.

I have a really bad feeling that its stored in the gamertag, making a fix impossible without a patch.

A patch COULD fix it though, as seen evident by Rainbow Six 2. There was a glitch that people who played the first game couldn't get the Pvt First Class achievement upon launching the second game, because carry over XP put them at a higher level than the achievement required (all info that would have been stored in the GT).

It took over a month (*cry*) but they eventually fixed it and gave the achievement retroactively.

Onyx_a87
11-09-2009, 02:24 AM
Well if it does not work, at least there is a record that we have the achievements somewhere. Since Microsoft is responsible for the software, and if indeed the data is stored in the Gamertag there should be a solution through customer service, but that would be far from ideal.

TroyN
11-09-2009, 02:31 AM
I have a really bad feeling that its stored in the gamertag, making a fix impossible without a patch.

A patch COULD fix it though, as seen evident by Rainbow Six 2. There was a glitch that people who played the first game couldn't get the Pvt First Class achievement upon launching the second game, because carry over XP put them at a higher level than the achievement required (all info that would have been stored in the GT).

It took over a month (*cry*) but they eventually fixed it and gave the achievement retroactively.

Yeah, a patch could certainly fix it. I'm just worried we won't get one... as bad as it is to say I wish microsoft would of taken even longer without updating the game to 1100 so that more people would be effected. They would be much more inclined to fix the problem if it effected more people... as it is we're pretty much the same group of 8-10 people being vocal about it. :( Really need to start the warpath tomorrow since the weekend will be over. If we don't get them to notice it before too long then they won't bother I'm afraid.

Komrade Kayce
11-09-2009, 02:37 AM
Yeah, a patch could certainly fix it. I'm just worried we won't get one... as bad as it is to say I wish microsoft would of taken even longer without updating the game to 1100 so that more people would be effected. They would be much more inclined to fix the problem if it effected more people... as it is we're pretty much the same group of 8-10 people being vocal about it. :( Really need to start the warpath tomorrow since the weekend will be over. If we don't get them to notice it before too long then they won't bother I'm afraid.

I've never taken the time to pick up the phone to bitch to a games company, but EA's gonna pop my cherry tomorrow, so to speak. ;)

Onyx_a87
11-09-2009, 02:40 AM
I don't see it being EA's fault, if its in the Gamertag then the software glitch is in Microsoft's hand. Because Xbox Live (assuming your a Gold member) is a paid service there is an obligation on their part to fix the bugs in the service.

XperimntNterror
11-09-2009, 02:55 AM
like troy, i have very serious doubts that MS or anyone is truly going to rectify this issue. we will remain the few and the screwed. bugs or other issues are considered non-issues unless a large number of people are afflicted and the cost of reimbursement outweighs the cost of fixing the issues. then and only then will they "do the right thing".

it really pisses me off when this stuff happens. achievements (due largely because of MS itself) have become just as much a "feature" in a game as any other component. obviously they know this because additional achievements are almost always added to DLC because it will help to sell more of it. if the DLC itself didn't function as a whole, they'd fix it. i really hate that software companies can shrug off certain things not functioning in a game and we, the consumer, have no real recourse aside from bitching their ear off in the hopes they will listen. this content was PAID for (the primary game and warden's keep, anyway) and ALL of it should work for EVERYONE. i swear i don't remember games being as horrendously buggy as they are this generation.

G315T
11-09-2009, 02:55 AM
Not that I disagree with any of this, but I'd back off on the legal rhetoric involving your right to a whole and bug free game.

That little terms of service dealie you skip by on everything for software almost universally obsolves a company of reasonable deficiencies. Two achievements not recording is /hardly/ evidence of the failure of the product as a whole. The product is intended to entertain you, and you were able to play all the content.

I just see a lot of people leaning on the "OMG I WANT MY $60 WORTH, AND THAT MEANS I MUST HAVE 100GS!" ticket. Invoking rights you don't have is a real fast way to get somebody (or a company) to ignore you.

Komrade Kayce
11-09-2009, 03:00 AM
Not that I disagree with any of this, but I'd back off on the legal rhetoric involving your right to a whole and bug free game.

That little terms of service dealie you skip by on everything for software almost universally obsolves a company of reasonable deficiencies. Two achievements not recording is /hardly/ evidence of the failure of the product as a whole. The product is intended to entertain you, and you were able to play all the content.

I just see a lot of people leaning on the "OMG I WANT MY $60 WORTH, AND THAT MEANS I MUST HAVE 100GS!" ticket. Invoking rights you don't have is a real fast way to get somebody (or a company) to ignore you.

First off, its not just two achievements not recording, its any achievement you should have, but didn't get. This includes your game crashing when you're right about to get one, even for NON DLC people.

Secondly, I never had any intention of invoking rights or what I deserve. But theres no harm in telling them that getting some sort of an answer is not something totally unreasonable, and letting them know that no answer and ignoring me is likely to cause my future purchases to be thought twice about, and future DLC in regards to Dragons Age to be ignored.

XperimntNterror
11-09-2009, 03:14 AM

Let's be fair about the "terms of service" you speak of: it's inside the manual of the software AFTER you have already purchased it (on the disc for most PC games during install); not on the outside of the packaging where you can see it, read it and decide to buy it or not. so that argument doesn't hold a lot of weight. in fact, it sounds awfully conniving of these companies to not have this information on the outside of the packaging. achievements help sell the additional content. otherwise they wouldn't implement them and MS would not require them to do so. so, i'm of the opinion they should work and if they don't it needs to be fixed.

Onyx_a87
11-09-2009, 03:17 AM

Granted that may be true, however as consumers we shouldn't just allow companies to get away with faulty products without at least trying to rectify the issue on both sides.

Onyx_a87
11-09-2009, 03:18 AM
Let's be fair about the "terms of service" you speak of: it's inside the manual of the software AFTER you have already purchased it (on the disc for most PC games during install); not on the outside of the packaging where you can see it, read it and decide to buy it or not. so that argument doesn't hold a lot of weight. in fact, it sounds awfully conniving of these companies to not have this information on the outside of the packaging. achievements help sell the additional content. otherwise they wouldn't implement them and MS would not require them to do so. so, i'm of the opinion they should work and if they don't it needs to be fixed.

You make a far better point than I did, I overlooked that. Nice catch.

WarGod3
11-09-2009, 03:20 AM
has the achievement problum defo bin fixed ive not started it yet

Chuppernicus
11-09-2009, 03:34 AM
has the achievement problum defo bin fixed ive not started it yet

Slow down there fella and read what you post before hitting submit. You should be fine.

PiMD
11-09-2009, 03:35 AM
Ok, bad news the test didn't work. MS are some bitches. Cleared Cache, removed saved games, recovered gamertag and played offline. Just finished Shale Mission and no achievement.

Onyx_a87
11-09-2009, 03:36 AM
So this means that the information is in the Gamertag

HeartbreakRidge
11-09-2009, 03:36 AM
I find it ironic that this fiasco is over DLC which is supposed to be an incentive to buy new (or in the case of std folk and Warden's Keep, was bought with additional money). Right now, it's annoying me to the point that I may just put DAO down and play something else until it gets fixed.

In the meantime, everyone should politely and persistently bug MS, EA and Bioware until we get someone to give us either a fix, or at least a 'yes, we are aware and are working on it' official word.

HeartbreakRidge
11-09-2009, 03:38 AM
Ok, bad news the test didn't work. MS are some bitches. Cleared Cache, removed saved games, recovered gamertag and played offline. Just finished Shale Mission and no achievement.

*sigh*

Thanks for trying.

<resumes bugging MS, EA and Bioware>

Komrade Kayce
11-09-2009, 03:49 AM
I find it ironic that this fiasco is over DLC which is supposed to be an incentive to buy new (or in the case of std folk and Warden's Keep, was bought with additional money). Right now, it's annoying me to the point that I may just put DAO down and play something else until it gets fixed.

In the meantime, everyone should politely and persistently bug MS, EA and Bioware until we get someone to give us either a fix, or at least a 'yes, we are aware and are working on it' official word.

Thing is though, is that this is going to happen to anyone whose game thinks that they have an achievement, but they don't. As proven evident by the guy whose game crashed when he was supposed to get the origins achievement but never did because his game crapped out, and now its blocked off to him forever. This actually makes absolute sense that this would happen and I tend to believe him, because if there really is information in your GT that says 'this man has this achievement' even though he doesnt, whats to stop that from happening to the regular achievements?

I'm being as polite as I can about it, but I'll be honest, I've gathered all relevant topics and threads at multiple boards now and slathered them all over EA's forum, Biowares forum, and the submitted ticket to the EA help desk I sent in.

I don't even care if the fix doesn't come for a month.

Two months.

A whole damn year (maybe I shouldnt say that, lol).

I just want them to say 'Okay, we see it, we acknowledge it, and we're working on fixing it'. Thats ALL I WANT. Instead... theres a feeling of 'the games out the door, its selling, its going to work for most people so who cares'.

And this is not a good way to think for a game that you want to sell people two years worth of DLC on, especially with backup evidence from multiple people existing now that show it can't be trusted for the first few days, and possibly beyond.

Also: PiMD, thanks for trying. I figured that would happen. :(

HeartbreakRidge
11-09-2009, 03:56 AM
I just want them to say 'Okay, we see it, we acknowledge it, and we're working on fixing it'. Thats ALL I WANT. Instead... theres a feeling of 'the games out the door, its selling, its going to work for most people so who cares'.

And this is not a good way to think for a game that you want to sell people two years worth of DLC on, especially with backup evidence from multiple people existing now that show it can't be trusted for the first few days, and possibly beyond.

That sums it up nicely, I think. If they want to maximize their revenue from that 2 year DLC plan, then a fix would be good. I'm speculating, but I'd suspect that people who were that quick to the DLC achievements (and who either paid extra for the CE or for the Warden's Keep) are just the sort you could sell a LOT of DLC and future games to, provided you don't give them a reason to hate you...

On your first point, that's what I want to see too - if someone acknowledges the issue, and says a fix will happen in due course, I can resume play and not be too annoyed whilst I wait for it.

G315T
11-09-2009, 04:21 AM
First off, its not just two achievements not recording, its any achievement you should have, but didn't get. This includes your game crashing when you're right about to get one, even for NON DLC people.

Secondly, I never had any intention of invoking rights or what I deserve. But theres no harm in telling them that getting some sort of an answer is not something totally unreasonable, and letting them know that no answer and ignoring me is likely to cause my future purchases to be thought twice about, and future DLC in regards to Dragons Age to be ignored.

First off, I didn't name you.

Secondly, the tenor of said complaints is as important as their content and validity.

Just so that nobody thinks I'm one of those that didn't lose out on this, and I'm simply sitting here thumbing my nose at the "unlucky" ones - I won't be getting the Warden's Keep ones unless this is fixed.

G315T
11-09-2009, 04:25 AM

Funny you should say that. It holds a lot of weight in court... not just for game companies, but for companies of all kinds. Unfortunately for our gamerscores it's your opinion that counts for very little. Yes it is conniving, but that's business. Welcome to real life.

Edit: You're preaching to the choir. I'm in the same boat, and I even agree with you. But how we'd like it to be, and how it is, are wildly inequitable positions. ;)

Komrade Kayce
11-09-2009, 04:29 AM
And this is what you get when you recap all the issues that are happening in the Bioware forums

"QQ more please. Console gamers are such emo-raging babies. Gtfo kthxbye"

God, I love legitimately asking for help on the internet.

G315T
11-09-2009, 04:40 AM
PC-Only Gamers are a dying breed, and they've all got chips on their shoulder about it. hehe

HeartbreakRidge
11-09-2009, 04:56 AM
PC-Only Gamers are a dying breed, and they've all got chips on their shoulder about it. hehe

I would not exactly say dying breed, but given how much more money is to be made by selling console gamers DLC for two years.... :p

th3warr1or
11-09-2009, 07:45 AM
Please bug BIOWARE...

hhttp://daforums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?topic=705680&forum=135

They're the only ones that can make EA do something if they know we're serious about not buying anymore DLC.

Chuppernicus
11-09-2009, 03:28 PM
Please bug BIOWARE...

hhttp://daforums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?topic=705680&forum=135

They're the only ones that can make EA do something if they know we're serious about not buying anymore DLC.

Good idea. But if you do, please be polite and mature about your request. You're asking for something, be nice about it. Some of you are treating this minor issue like it's the end of the world. Really? Blathering on about your 'rights' as a gamer? I think some of your heads would just explode if you ever encountered a real problem. I feel for your futures.

Please, relax and develop some coping mechanisms. It will be ok. It's not that big of a deal and it will be fixed. EA is just the parent company of Bioware. Bioware will get it sorted out.

Bad company achievements were fixed eventually, these will be to. ( Both created by developers that are owned by big bad EA)

Rolyatkcinmai
11-09-2009, 03:42 PM

People have been saying that since 1999. Fortunately, they're still (by far) the largest audience and the ones with the most cash to spend. Due to more advanced technology and the ability to pirate however, they are not scammed like console gamers are into paying for tons of DLC and $60 a game. Services like Steam pretty much obliterate XBL/PSN.

Komrade Kayce
11-09-2009, 04:52 PM
And in here, so this information doesn't get buried (sorry for reposts)

Okay, I just phoned customer support, AND used the online chat, and here is what I'm getting

*after I explained that we've tried everything including pulling the ethernet and clearing the cache, recovering gamertag, creating a new character, etc etc etc*

Lady on Phone 'Kelly':

I will send this issue off to my supervisors and I understand why you might be upset, what I need you guys to do is to post about this on the forums for both EA and Bioware, because surely they are looking at them all the time and will respond to you

Me: Well, thats the problem, nobody is responding

Kelly:

Even if they don't respond, they will likely have seen it and are working on it. Also, you will want to talk to xbox, since it is a problem with your gamertag

Me: Uhhhhh okay?

--------

Then theres the chat:

Rick: Hi, my name is Rick. How may I help you?
: Hello Rick?
Rick: Hi
: Sorry about that, was on the phone with EA customer support at the same time
Rick: No Problem
: Okay, so, my issue today is with *drum roll* Dragon Age Origins achievements on the 360!
Rick: You have reached technical support; we have no gameplay information that we can offer to assist you. Although many of our games are very technical in nature or difficult to play, the issue you are encountering is not with the game.
: Oh, but it IS with the game
: And this is what I'm here for
: Basically, theres a small (but rather vocal) group of us who have been hunting for answers to an issue that will have manifested itself within the first four days of ownership and currently has no response to\
Rick: You may check our message boards for help and assistance. You can find the message boards at the below given link :-

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/index
: I have done this, there is currently no response to this from devs or pubs
: Anyone who purchased the DLC within the first four days and played through it, got the 'achievement unlocked' for doing the achievement related things
Rick: You can surf the web and check out some of the major video game sites as they usually offer codes and gameplay hints for EA games. One major resource for Hints and Tips is http://www.gamefaqs.com .
: Which is all fine and normal. Because the xbox servers were not updated to handle the DLC achievements, even though they appeared in your system profile, they actually did not register with your gamertag outside of the system
: This has happened before with other games, so we went with the benefit of the doubt that the fix would be to simply recover your gamertag after the servers updated, and do whatever you had to do to get the achievement again
: HOWEVER, this has turned out to not be the case. Currently, anyone who got those achievements in the first four days has found that they absolutely. cannot. without a doubt. get them again
Rick: Please provide me your gamertag and EA account.
: Komrade Kayce (ea acct shiny_metal_ass@hotmail.com)
: Same ea acct handle too, Komrade
Rick: Please wait while I check.
: You can re-do exactly what you're supposed to do to get the achievement. Such as drinking this potion. But doing so unlocks nothing at all
: We've recovered gamertags, we've even gone so far as to delete all DLC and characters and pull the ethernet cable from the box, then try a clean play
Rick: I'm escalating your issue to our senior support for further investigation.
: they absolutely will not unlock
: Thank you
Rick: You will be contacted through email with in 24 hours with the solution to your problem.
: Will I? Because I submitted a ticket more than 72 hours ago on thursday with a 24 hour expected turnaround time
: Even updated it with further information, and have gotten no response
Rick: Please wait for few hours and surly you will get the response.
Rick: Is there anything further I may assist you with today?
: No, I guess not, if you have no answers for this
Rick: Thank You, have a nice day.
Rick has disconnected.

------------------------------

I swear to god, this is broken-dishwasher-from-sears level of horrible customer service, lol. At least Kelly was nice.

PiMD
11-09-2009, 04:57 PM
Likewise I have not heard back from my chat either. I hope to hear something soon and will post what I learn. Also I did the same things, Recover, Clear Cache, Delete Game Saves, Pull Plug, and Re-Play. Nadda. Looks that DA:O is looking for feedback on Facebook, and I don't use that. Give it to em! Here is the link: :uzi: http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=190185279041&id=8101714366 :eek: (http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=190185279041&id=8101714366)

At least you got a Kelly, I got a Naif, and even he/she seemed nice enough.

Komrade Kayce
11-09-2009, 05:05 PM
Rick was a retard, aha. As soon as I mention the word 'achievement', its 'this is technical support. Here is gamefaqs to help you'.

If I go to the My Questions tab for my EA support, he filed it under 'Madden Chat'.

Yes, Madden Chat.

Thanks a lot Rick.

HeartbreakRidge
11-09-2009, 05:08 PM
Thanks to you guys who are trying! This is probably like trying to steer a supertanker, it takes a LONG time to overcome inertia and get it going in a different direction. :)

T i o u Z
11-09-2009, 05:22 PM
What about everybody showing them that we have done the achievment by giving a link of our bioware social profile
http://social.bioware.com/playerprofile.php?sku=dragonage1_xbox&nid=2263957815
and then showing our xbox.com profile
http://live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/Achievements/ViewAchievementDetails.aspx?tid=%09]%3adh)k%3f%0B

and they can actually see that we did it and we dont get it

Kyai
11-09-2009, 05:30 PM
Rick was a retard, aha. As soon as I mention the word 'achievement', its 'this is technical support. Here is gamefaqs to help you'.

If I go to the My Questions tab for my EA support, he filed it under 'Madden Chat'.

Yes, Madden Chat.

Thanks a lot Rick.

Just...wow.

Spargo CXVII
11-09-2009, 07:34 PM
Still not working, for people who unlock DLC on day one. I myself unlock 3 DLC achievements on day one, can not get them back.

HeartbreakRidge
11-09-2009, 07:36 PM
Still not working, for people who unlock DLC on day one. I myself unlock 3 DLC achievements on day one, can not get them back.

Sorry to hear that! Please go to EA and open a ticket, and bookmark the forums noted in this thread at Bioware and EA and persistently bump these threads until we get some word acknowledging the issue.

Komrade Kayce
11-09-2009, 07:39 PM
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/336014.page

Here, but the EA forum admin is completely avoiding saying a damn thing to us, which is extremely worrying as he is talking to everyone else about every other issue out there.

T i o u Z
11-09-2009, 07:46 PM
Major Nelson idea is awesome

EvilWays
11-09-2009, 07:47 PM
giving a link of our bioware social profile
http://social.bioware.com/playerprofile.php?sku=dragonage1_xbox&nid=2263957815

Lucky you...my profile says that I have no DA:O data uploaded (and has said so since the beginning). The game has only complained once about not connecting to the EA servers so I have no idea what's going on or if that will screw me over for the two DLC achievements I have in limbo.

G315T
11-09-2009, 08:00 PM
People have been saying that since 1999. Fortunately, they're still (by far) the largest audience and the ones with the most cash to spend. Due to more advanced technology and the ability to pirate however, they are not scammed like console gamers are into paying for tons of DLC and $60 a game. Services like Steam pretty much obliterate XBL/PSN.

In terms of growth, PC gaming is going backward.

...Did you REALLY just list "the ability to pirate" as a positive angle to being a PC Gamer? You understand that rampant piracy is one of the things killing PC gaming? (Along with hardware costs, and compatability-development costs.)

As much as I hate microsoft, XBL is the best online service out there. Steam is really good. PSN is trash.

I've been gaming on computers for.. yikes, 25 years now, and as much as I hate to admit it consoles are just a better platform developers, publishers, and gamers. It's not the big "OOOOMG PC GAMING IS DEAD!" PC Gamer Magazine reports on every six months, but the fact of the matter is that it's a much less popular medium for games than it was.

TroyN
11-09-2009, 08:11 PM
Lucky you...my profile says that I have no DA:O data uploaded (and has said so since the beginning). The game has only complained once about not connecting to the EA servers so I have no idea what's going on or if that will screw me over for the two DLC achievements I have in limbo.

It stopped updating around day 2. It still says I'm at level 6 and I'm at 17. So if you started after last tuesday pretty much it still hasn't updated since then. For me anyway.

Also a side note... we need to contact Bioware moreso than EA. EA is only the publisher, they aren't the developer. A fix won't come from EA, even if it is EA's servers Bioware is still the developer and they'll have to patch the game. So if you guys are going to call them and such, try and find a Bioware specific technical support number. Chances are the people you get from EA won't even *know* what dragon age is much less how to help. As evidenced by them putting it in Madden chat aparently. Whereas Bioware has been pretty decent about after-release support so if we make them aware of it it might help. The admins on the community site seem to ignore the threads, but they may not even be part of bioware, could just be outsourced admins for the forums only. So who knows. :(

HeartbreakRidge
11-09-2009, 08:22 PM
It stopped updating around day 2. It still says I'm at level 6 and I'm at 17. So if you started after last tuesday pretty much it still hasn't updated since then. For me anyway.

Wouldn't it be nice if that was related to this issue - i.e. they pulled the update plug (so to speak) in order to fix the problem.

Hey, a guy can dream!

WarGod3
11-09-2009, 09:17 PM
im lost lol is all the problums with the game bin fix yet?

T i o u Z
11-09-2009, 09:19 PM
basicly people who had the achievement BEFORE friday are messed up, if you didnt do the achievement you can play the game ;) (I think sso)

th3warr1or
11-09-2009, 09:30 PM
To put it simply: You're fucked if you got the achievement in the first 4days.

EvilWays
11-09-2009, 10:46 PM
It stopped updating around day 2.

My account was created on day one, so something is screwey. Anywho, As long as they fix the glitch, it'd be nice.

And EA should be included since it seems the publishers have more pull in regards to releasing updates (something Mad Doc bitched about when they wanted to patch Star Trek: Legacy but Bethesda didn't do so for whatever reason so Mad Doc's hands were tied). Whoever holds the coin purse, i guess.

WarGod3
11-10-2009, 12:01 AM
basicly people who had the achievement BEFORE friday are messed up, if you didnt do the achievement you can play the game ;) (I think sso)
ok ive not started the game yet just fining up Magna Carta 2 (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1350) at mo be for i make a start on the next game

-KTA-
11-10-2009, 12:51 AM
I just emailed major nelson.

major@xbox.com

Hit him up all, maybe he'll respond to us!!! I linked him up with the EA thread since I thought I broke it down decently.

Komrade Kayce
11-10-2009, 01:54 AM
I just shot an email off to th' Major as well. I asked him very politely for two words regarding the issue in a podcast or a reply or something, because it would go a looooooong way to have someone more important than us schlubs bring the issue forward.

EA can ignore us consumer peons, since we already bought the game. Ignoring a Microsoft PR man is likely not as do-able.

That said, I'd just like an answer from someone, somewhere, about anything at this point.

Chrovaxis
11-10-2009, 04:52 AM
One of my DLC achievements bugged too but just now after I got my city elf origin achievement done the system recognized the correct amount of achievements on my list (before it was missing one). BUT, shortly after getting Leliana's romance unlocked i didn't get credit for it -_-' So i guess there are still bugs.

PiMD
11-10-2009, 02:20 PM
Anyone have anything new? We should try and bug someone over at xplay and get someone to blog or post on the feed about it.:uzi::eek:

Elite Assassin
11-10-2009, 02:36 PM
For me the "Rock and a Hard Place. Shows up when I compare games and view games on live but is not counted to my gamerscore and also does not show up online. That means this is still NOT fixed.

PiMD
11-10-2009, 02:48 PM
I didn't even get the game on release day, I picked it up the day after and played through part of the game and decided to go investigate the ROCK DUDE! I went and did the first part of the quest and it showed on my screen Rock in a Hard Place unlocked. Yay! I always go and look at the achievements I received. Guess what it was there! So later when I was done playing I went back to look at my achievements and it wasn't on the tab, but when I went into the tab it was there. I went online and it didn't show on Xbox.com but it showed on the Dragon Age Community site. I then looked around and found a thread saying to recover your gamertag and it should fix. Did that and it disappeared completely. When they finally updated Xbox and Xbox.com it showed but was still greyed out as if I had not received it. DA Community site still shows I have it but not xbox or xbox.com. So yeah, until they fix it I will not buy purchasing or playing any more DLC.

Just take a stand!

I even deleted my saved games, cleared the cache, re downloaded the DLC, pulled the network cable and did a brand new play through just to see if I could unlock it offline and nothing.

Seiryu
11-10-2009, 04:13 PM
I didn't even get the game on release day, I picked it up the day after and played through part of the game and decided to go investigate the ROCK DUDE! I went and did the first part of the quest and it showed on my screen Rock in a Hard Place unlocked. Yay! I always go and look at the achievements I received. Guess what it was there! So later when I was done playing I went back to look at my achievements and it wasn't on the tab, but when I went into the tab it was there. I went online and it didn't show on Xbox.com but it showed on the Dragon Age Community site. I then looked around and found a thread saying to recover your gamertag and it should fix. Did that and it disappeared completely. When they finally updated Xbox and Xbox.com it showed but was still greyed out as if I had not received it. DA Community site still shows I have it but not xbox or xbox.com. So yeah, until they fix it I will not buy purchasing or playing any more DLC.

Just take a stand!

I even deleted my saved games, cleared the cache, re downloaded the DLC, pulled the network cable and did a brand new play through just to see if I could unlock it offline and nothing.
I don't really see why this is still being talked about to death. Bioware/EA are working on fixing the problem (we hope) and when they fix it will be when they fix it. It's obvious what the problem is, the Bioware community site. When you unlocked the achievement it updated on the Bioware community site to show that, but as the DLC achievements were not yet on xbox.com they did not show there, and therefore did not show anywhere attached to your gamertag other than locally on your system. If you recover your gamertag then it removes the local achievement and syncs your gamertag with what can be seen online. At this point if you try to unlock the achievement again the game looks at the Bioware community site and says "Hey, you've already got that achievement!" and therefore does not allow it to unlock again. The same problem happens if your 360 crashes at the precise moment that you unlock an achievement (any achievement, not just DLC). The achievement will appear on the Bioware community site but due to the crash will not appear on your gamertag at all.

I know absolutely nothing about coding so I can't say HOW this problem can be fixed, but when they do eventually fix it I can think of four possible things they may do (though I don't know if all of these are actually possible):

1. (Best possible scenario) They sync the Bioware community site with xbox.com in such a way that the next time you log onto the game your Bioware community account will tell your gamertag which achievements you should have and cause them to unlock immediately without having to meet the requirements again.

2. They sync the Bioware community site with xbox.com to remove any glitched achievements from your Bioware community account, making it so that you can then unlock the achievements by meeting the requirements again.

3. (Worst possible scenario) They simply wipe the four DLC achievements from ALL Bioware community accounts, making it so that people who had the achievements glitched will now be able to obtain them by meeting the requirements, while people who got the achievements after they were added to xbox.com will still have them appear on their gamertag, but not on their Bioware community account unless they meet the requirements again. This method would not actually help anyone that lost an achievement due to a crash, unless they wipe ALL achievements instead of just the four DLC ones, but that would most likely upset people.

4. (I don't even know how to rate this option) Just remove the achievement tracking from the Bioware community site altogether since there really is no point in it being there in the first place. Don't you just hate how nothing is good enough for EA unless they make it themselves? You have a gamertag? To bad, make an EA social account too. Microsoft's server? Who needs them, we have our own! Your gamertag tracks your achievements? Well guess what, so do we!

Talking about this constantly here won't really accomplish anything. If you really feel the need to complain about this issue, then you can do it in a more productive place such as the inboxes of EA/Bioware's customer service or on the official EA/Bioware forums. At least in those places people capable of fixing the issue may see your complaints.

HeartbreakRidge
11-10-2009, 04:24 PM
I don't really see why this is still being talked about to death.

(...)

Talking about this constantly here won't really accomplish anything. If you really feel the need to complain about this issue, then you can do it in a more productive place such as the inboxes of EA/Bioware's customer service or on the official EA/Bioware forums. At least in those places people capable of fixing the issue may see your complaints.

Well, certainly this should not be the ONLY place you talk about it, because this is not where the fix comes from. However, talking about it here, even if the talk is that there's no news helps to keep it in people's minds and even to raise the issue with people who still may not have realized that they are in the same boat.

PiMD
11-10-2009, 04:35 PM
At this point if you try to unlock the achievement again the game looks at the Bioware community site and says "Hey, you've already got that achievement!" and therefore does not allow it to unlock again. The same problem happens if your 360 crashes at the precise moment that you unlock an achievement (any achievement, not just DLC). The achievement will appear on the Bioware community site but due to the crash will not appear on your gamertag at all.

This is wrong, I went to unlock the achievement again and was completely disconnected from live and the EA servers, so it isn't getting anything from them, it is local with the gamertag.

Secondly even when it is online it is not connecting to the Bioware Community site and refreshing. It is checking the EA servers, I know this because I deleted my Bioware profile and then setup a new one and when it connected to my EA account to sync it showed my Dragon Age achievements.

3. (Worst possible scenario) They simply wipe the four DLC achievements from ALL Bioware community accounts, making it so that people who had the achievements glitched will now be able to obtain them by meeting the requirements, while people who got the achievements after they were added to xbox.com will still have them appear on their gamertag, but not on their Bioware community account unless they meet the requirements again. This method would not actually help anyone that lost an achievement due to a crash, unless they wipe ALL achievements instead of just the four DLC ones, but that would most likely upset people.They would have to wipe it from the EA account, not Bioware but this might work, and I had this discussion with the EA rep during the EA chat.

So don't jump into a discussion and post nonsense about something you don't know about. There is a community of people out here that are affected and that have been testing and talking with MS EA and Bioware. We will continue to discuss these issues until we get some form of official response on the matter. I personally am waiting to hear what is going to be done about it if anything. If nothing is going to be done about it I will not be buying any more DLC for this game, and trust me I am a DLC whore when it comes to RPGs.:uzi::eek:

lordskorrkeeper
11-10-2009, 05:12 PM
My new Motto is
"Don't do any DLC w/achievements for the first 4-5 Days of release"

just in case :(

P.S.
In case anyone is wondering what I tried to get the Achievements:

Did Warden's Keep got Achievements, did not add to Tag. Recovered Tag, Achievements locked again (good) Loaded save and did Wardens keep again "No Unlock" Finished whole game, second play through made save before going to the Wardens keep, Did Keep again still not Unlocking, skipping Warden's Keep for now til it is resolved,

My Golem DLC quests unlocked fine as I waited to do em after my Warden's Keep Blunder.

PiMD
11-10-2009, 09:54 PM
Here was the newest with a Bioware response. http://daforums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?topic=706525&forum=135

HeartbreakRidge
11-10-2009, 10:09 PM
Posted a polite inquiry in the Tech Support (http://daforums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?topic=706557&forum=146) forum.

HeartbreakRidge
11-10-2009, 10:15 PM
Also posted up a thread at Giant Bomb (http://www.giantbomb.com/dragon-age-origins/61-20738/anyone-else-get-the-dlc-achievement-glitch/35-271046/#1).

th3warr1or
11-10-2009, 10:39 PM
Man those morons locked the thread...without even doing anything useful.

Seiryu
11-10-2009, 10:44 PM
Man those ***s locked the thread...without even doing anything useful.
I would assume that the thread was locked due to the implied racism in the title which was added to with some of the responses, and the fact that one of the responses bashed EA. It's kind of like how your post will likely be deleted due to your use of the word that I censored in the quote. (Note, I typically don't report people, and this time is no different, I am just stating a guess of what will happen. Please don't flame me if my prediction becomes true.)

th3warr1or
11-10-2009, 10:59 PM
Lol I take it you didn't watch the new southpark... ***s no longer stands for gay people rofl.. it's just an annoying idiot who does things... BioWare admins = annoying. Move the goddamn thread, don't lock it.

PiMD
11-10-2009, 11:11 PM
At least they are considering it a bug. That is something.

PiMD
11-10-2009, 11:13 PM
Finally an EA forum admin posted here: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/45/336014.page#3217716

TroyN
11-10-2009, 11:50 PM
Finally an EA forum admin posted here: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/45/336014.page#3217716

Well... atleast they acknowledged that there is some problem, even if they still seem to completly miss the point. Hopefully someone on the team investigating the issue reads a couple forums and understands the problem is for people who've already unlocked it and not that the achievement won't unlock the first time.

Then again, does anyone still have a save near one of them? Maybe he meant some people were unlocking them today that did have this issue... I highly doubt it but it'd probably be worth the 5 minutes if you're saved really close.

PiMD
11-11-2009, 12:06 AM
Just tested again and still nothing.

G315T
11-11-2009, 12:33 AM
Lol I take it you didn't watch the new southpark... ***s no longer stands for gay people rofl.. it's just an annoying idiot who does things... BioWare admins = annoying. Move the goddamn thread, don't lock it.

Because South Park dictates vernacular? I doubt most adults who live with us here in reality share your views on how English has changed based on South Park's influence.

This last set of exchanges about posts made on Bioware/EA's boards that were hostile is exactly the kind of crap I was talking about a few pages back. What do you expect them to do when little kids show up and stomp their feet, having a tantrum, and crying about things?

th3warr1or
11-11-2009, 08:53 AM
Because South Park dictates vernacular? I doubt most adults who live with us here in reality share your views on how English has changed based on South Park's influence.

This last set of exchanges about posts made on Bioware/EA's boards that were hostile is exactly the kind of crap I was talking about a few pages back. What do you expect them to do when little kids show up and stomp their feet, having a tantrum, and crying about things?
Wow.. just wow.. Some people can't take an [obvious] goddamn joke..

ManekiNeko
11-11-2009, 09:04 AM
Would a gamertag recovery help glitches during the DLC quests themselves?

G315T
11-11-2009, 01:10 PM
Wow.. just wow.. Some people can't take an [obvious] goddamn joke..

Yes, because you were jsut kidding this whole time.

dfenseOwnsu
11-11-2009, 02:42 PM
so im guessing the best thing to do is just wait for a patch?

HeartbreakRidge
11-11-2009, 03:58 PM
Another EA mod jumped in to say hello (http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/60/336014.page#3219502)!

TroyN
11-11-2009, 05:53 PM
Well, my character just disappeared off the community site. So maybe if it is their servers then they're looking at it now. If not then just another absurd bug to toss into the fire.

Edit: Ok it's back except with no portrait... and my most recent 4 achievements are the DLC ones. That is definetly a sign it's being looked at right now. I unlocked 3 of those within like the first 8 achievements I ever got. So for them to be in my most recent they have to be messing with it.

Duke Briggs
11-11-2009, 08:30 PM
Would a gamertag recovery help glitches during the DLC quests themselves?

I would not recommend doing that. In earlier posts it's been stated that people who've tried the gamertag recovery have lost those achievements completely and when they re-complete the quest to get whatever achievements, it did not unlock. At least this way your achievements still show up, although the points aren't being accounted for...

Sucks that there is still no fix for this.

Onyx_a87
11-11-2009, 09:07 PM
Well, my character just disappeared off the community site. So maybe if it is their servers then they're looking at it now. If not then just another absurd bug to toss into the fire.

Edit: Ok it's back except with no portrait... and my most recent 4 achievements are the DLC ones. That is definetly a sign it's being looked at right now. I unlocked 3 of those within like the first 8 achievements I ever got. So for them to be in my most recent they have to be messing with it.

None of my characters have appeared on the community site since I logged into it (I think the day after game launch, although I have had my PS3 and 360 profiles linked with EA for some time now). So I had a similar feeling, especially about the 360 one since I haven't seen many PC users complain about their missing character profiles.

*Edit: Now after looking at my profile it seems like the Achievements on my community profile are gone, don't know what this means exactly. Says it was last updated at 11 o'clock so they must be working through those profiles.

AzureHaseo
11-11-2009, 09:20 PM
Yea the community site profile for me havent been updated in about 4 days. So seems they are working on it.

firehawk12
11-12-2009, 05:58 AM
Oh wow, I just noticed this. In my achievement list for the game it says I have all the achievements unlocked, but on the dashboard, it says I only unlocked 51/54 for 1025/1100 points.

Just did some more reading and this is pretty lame. Sigh, I wouldn't mind replaying those parts again either... I just hope there is SOME solution.

PiMD
11-12-2009, 02:55 PM
That is ridiculous that you have all the achievements unlocked. Did you even listen to any of the dialogue and story? I am still on my first playthrough and have been playing every day since the game was released. I am actually taking my time doing the quests and listening to the story.

G315T
11-12-2009, 03:13 PM
That is ridiculous that you have all the achievements unlocked. Did you even listen to any of the dialogue and story? I am still on my first playthrough and have been playing every day since the game was released. I am actually taking my time doing the quests and listening to the story.

Knocking people for the speed with which they complete games is a REAL bad idea on this site. ;) Enjoyment is subjective, if some people are blowing through it for GS, that's really on them.

I'm in the same boat as you, been playing through really slowly to make sure I don't miss anything and I'm still on my first playthrough.

T i o u Z
11-12-2009, 03:28 PM
Knocking people for the speed with which they complete games is a REAL bad idea on this site. ;) Enjoyment is subjective, if some people are blowing through it for GS, that's really on them.

I'm in the same boat as you, been playing through really slowly to make sure I don't miss anything and I'm still on my first playthrough.
I finished my first playthrough in 55 hours. I'm playin my second playthrough (the second one is for finishing the achievements) and i have like 86% done of the game.

The % goes on on every playthrough

firehawk12
11-12-2009, 04:58 PM
I finished in 45 hours and had 90% completion, so it's not like I skipped through anything except some of the dialog.

What's bad about this is that Warden's Keep encourages you to do that quest first, because of all the bonuses you get - let alone the storage.

HeartbreakRidge
11-13-2009, 01:17 AM
No news? *sigh*

edit: Breaking News! Spoke too soon! Go to this Bioware thread (http://daforums.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=705680&forum=135&sp=45), and PM Chris Priestly your GT if you are affected!

TotalAbyssDeath
11-13-2009, 01:45 AM
Meh, I posted in that thread, Not going to pm him with my gamertag though I don't want to "volenter" for anything. I just hope it gets fixed soon. I want my 130 gamerscore.

TroyN
11-13-2009, 02:09 AM
No news? *sigh*

edit: Breaking News! Spoke too soon! Go to this Bioware thread (http://daforums.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=705680&forum=135&sp=45), and PM Chris Priestly your GT if you are affected!

Yay! PM'd him. I'm so excited, this means they'll actually fix it. That's all i wanted to know is if they would actually fix it or not, and we got our answer. They wouldn't bother grabbing people for testing if they had no plans of following through.

Ray5555
11-13-2009, 02:48 AM
Well I am stuck at 1050/1100 until they fix the glitch :(

AzureHaseo
11-13-2009, 05:29 AM
Good they are looking into it and fixing it. Im happy with that.

theBigD23
11-13-2009, 10:50 AM
I submitted my gamertag. I'll let you know if mine is fixed.

Chuppernicus
11-13-2009, 03:43 PM

So true. Bunch of babies we seem to have here. Love hearing from the rational gamers.

deaconpwa
11-13-2009, 04:11 PM
Just PM'd Chris at Bioware. Hopefully it will help.

Draken Zero
11-13-2009, 09:32 PM
Both Bioware and EA posted their "We know, we're working on it" statements. Nothing left to do but wait :woop:

And the good that came outta this: My x360a rank got bumped up to peon. woohoo!

T i o u Z
11-13-2009, 10:37 PM
I hope they will find something

Mars Renegade
11-14-2009, 03:26 AM
This was the response I received, finally, from Support:

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding your Dragon Age: Origins purchase. It is always a pleasure to assist our customers in any way that we can.

The question you submitted seems to be related to the mechanics of playing the game. Unfortunately, we cannot assist you with in-game issues directly. I request that you please visit our main forums at http://www.bioware.com/ (http://www.bioware.com/).

We are listening and we read everything that is posted on our Dragon Age: Origins. We are committed to providing the best play experience possible and working hard to ensure that we solve these problems as soon as possible. We promise to keep you updated and, in the meantime, we thank you for your patience.

If there is anything else we can help you with please let us know.

Sincerely,
Virendra N
EA Online Support

So basically that forum post is our best shot at this point, I think.

th3warr1or
11-14-2009, 01:09 PM
So true. Bunch of babies we seem to have here. Love hearing from the rational gamers.
Yes because some of us are babies, and yet you "mature grown ups" can't take a hint of sarcasm? Idiot.

G315T
11-14-2009, 03:09 PM
Yes because some of us are babies, and yet you "mature grown ups" can't take a hint of sarcasm? Idiot.

Go troll the Halo forums on GameFAQs or something. You spend all day making stupid comments and when somebody finally calls you out for being a moron you fall back on, "Wow can't you take a joke? Boy are you dumb!"

Sarcasm in text is VERY difficult to discern, ESPECIALLY when the tool misusing it does so CONSTANTLY. My guess is you're actually this big an ass, and your claims of sarcasm are just a convenient defense for your otherwise indefensible idiocy.

T i o u Z
11-14-2009, 03:48 PM
I've got all the achievements. They need to fix the problem so everybody can see it

th3warr1or
11-14-2009, 04:45 PM
Go troll the Halo forums on GameFAQs or something. You spend all day making stupid comments and when somebody finally calls you out for being a moron you fall back on, "Wow can't you take a joke? Boy are you dumb!"

Sarcasm in text is VERY difficult to discern, ESPECIALLY when the tool misusing it does so CONSTANTLY. My guess is you're actually this big an ass, and your claims of sarcasm are just a convenient defense for your otherwise indefensible idiocy.

"stupid comments?" Do point out what "stupid comments" I made? Calling me a moron without citing any sources where I proved myself to be one = a moron.

I used a pejorative in which is seldom even used in a homosexual context, nor was it used in a homosexual context when I used it. Getting worked up over that is pretty dumb.

Not to mention that my 'alleged' sarcastic post was VERY OBVIOUSLY sarcastic, so not it's not just a "convenient defense".

By the way, Southpark makes facetious exaggerations of culture and language, not the other way around. If you're not going to move into the 21st century, how about not using the word "bastard"(which I am pretty sure you have used at least once in your lifetime) until you have confirmed that the said individual does not know his father? Sound like a bad idea to you? Then stop getting your panties in a bunch over a word that I edited out days ago.

Make sure that you don't on anyone who has had not sex a f---er, nor call someone who knows his father a bastard unless you're certain about him being fatherless. Because both of these words are extremely frequently used, and not in the contexts of which they were invented. Seriously, get over yourself. I find it hard to believe that you're the "mature adult" you claim to be if you get upset over a joke[I really don't care whether you believe me or not] about Southpark's usage of a word.

Btw, I never said Southpark dictates the usage of the English language. You assumed that I meant that when I brought up Southpark, and you assumed wrong. I simply made a remark stating that if you had watched the latest episode of Southpark, even if you did not know that the word was used in other contexts, you would have.

Mars Renegade
11-14-2009, 05:09 PM
It would be nice if you guys would let this topic stay on topic, rather than having a pointless internet argument for the rest of us to see.

G315T
11-14-2009, 05:11 PM
"stupid comments?" Do point out what "stupid comments" I made? Calling ...[whole wall of text post] did not know that the word was used in other contexts, you would have.

Couldn't you tell? I was being sarcastic! Haha, loser!

th3warr1or
11-15-2009, 01:08 AM
Oh okay, since you say so. ^.^ Lol...

Btw, that was such a failed last ditch attempt @ a comeback. You just took what I said, and placed it in a pathetic situation lol. If only you weren't so blinded by your rage, you would see how stupid that looked. I laughed for a good 5minutes before I could even type this message. Haha, you just look like that Finn kid that went on Conan O'Brien, then couldn't think of anything else to say, and asked to shake his hand, then took it away and said loser.

It would be nice if you guys would let this topic stay on topic, rather than having a pointless internet argument for the rest of us to see.

I'm bored with this argument too, but this bigot over here is pissed off that if the word I used changes it's unofficial meaning, he can't use it to scold homos anymore you see. Whereas now, it's no longer THE most offensive word for homos. It's just "the offensive word". You call asshole drivers that on the road, you call asshole pedestrians that while driving. Multipurpose word here. Mr 19th century doesn't like that.

Couldn't you tell? I was being sarcastic! Haha, loser!

Lolol, you honor me. This post completely takes the cake. You fail, you answer your own question, and you reply a question meant for me all in the same line.

Xathlak
11-15-2009, 02:02 AM
Wow, it sure got stupid in here.

Hope they fix this soon.

clipwhoop
11-15-2009, 03:24 AM
ok i'm totally confused here, whats this glitch exactly and which friday is everyone talking about?

i unlocked all the DLC by about wednesday as you can see - http://live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/profile.aspx?pp

i got the achievements fine, theyre on the website and theyre on my profile etc

TroyN
11-15-2009, 03:53 AM
ok i'm totally confused here, whats this glitch exactly and which friday is everyone talking about?

i unlocked all the DLC by about wednesday as you can see - http://live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/profile.aspx?pp

i got the achievements fine, theyre on the website and theyre on my profile etc

If you did not unlock them in the first 3 days of the games retail release, then there is no problem. This is ONLY an issue for people who unlocked the achievement within 3 days of retail release, November 3rd.

The glitch is the fact microsoft didn't have their system updated to support 1100 by nov 6. So any DLC unlocked between nov 3 and nov 6 are glitched, they do not show on your online profile or contribute to your gamerscore/completion percentage. And no, recovering your gamertag doesn't do anything.

blakhart
11-15-2009, 12:17 PM
I received the DLC achmts, only to find they were showing up and totaling up in the achmts list of the game, but not in the total of the game listing. I recovered my gamertag and lost the achmts in the achmts listing total. I got my new CoD MW2 XBOX console, did the transfer, recovered my gamertag, still no credit for the DLC achmts. I finished the game. Started a new character. just now completed both DLC quests and still no achmts. Any ideas?

th3warr1or
11-15-2009, 02:55 PM
And no, recovering your gamertag doesn't do anything.

it makes it worse lol. I as well as many others would advise against it.. it removes the achievements from the local xbox as well.

xRogue 5x
11-15-2009, 04:47 PM
Recovering your profile doesn't remove achievements.

YodaEXE
11-15-2009, 05:08 PM
Recovering your profile doesn't remove achievements.

Yes it does, if they were never uploaded to Xbox.com.

T i o u Z
11-16-2009, 03:07 PM
Any news?.???

WarBound Priest
11-16-2009, 06:02 PM
I'm going crazy.... I recovered my GT and re-did the DLC and nothing-ish. I already 1000/1000. I did all four DLC cheeves and only got credit for one of em... But I did all four the first day when they came out. But after I recovered my GT and re did the cheeves I only got credit for one of em... Wierd. :confused:

QuezcotL
11-16-2009, 06:06 PM
I'm going crazy.... I recovered my GT and re-did the DLC and nothing-ish. I already 1000/1000. I did all four DLC cheeves and only got credit for one of em... But I did all four the first day when they came out. But after I recovered my GT and re did the cheeves I only got credit for one of em... Wierd. :confused:

thats because you probably did one of them "after" they updated the server, for ex I did wardens keep on day 1, and my achievmeents are gone also, however my shale/stone prisoner ones are still "there" and thats because I did them 2-3 days after launch when it actually worked...

but anyway, EA/BIOWARE better fix this, you shouldnt release content unless you know it works, that why we have some testing etc.

Doc_Ezra
11-16-2009, 06:06 PM
it makes it worse lol. I as well as many others would advise against it.. it removes the achievements from the local xbox as well.

I'd definitely advise against it. When I tried, it corrupted my gamertag and I had to start a new one, losing 45k in gamerscore in the process. Not to mention the purchase history of four years' worth of DLC, which I only have access to as long as my current hardware never dies.

WarBound Priest
11-16-2009, 06:20 PM
I didn't lose anything with the recovery... Just Re-locked the DLC...

TroyN
11-16-2009, 07:51 PM
I'd definitely advise against it. When I tried, it corrupted my gamertag and I had to start a new one, losing 45k in gamerscore in the process. Not to mention the purchase history of four years' worth of DLC, which I only have access to as long as my current hardware never dies.

This is a bit off-topic, but you should try to recover it again. Your gamertag is stored and cached on Microsofts servers, so no matter what action you take, your gamertag remains in the same shape as it was when it last contacted xbox live. Chances are the recovery process might of hit a snag and gave you that message, but you should certainly be able to get your tag back

EDIT: New Update! from the bioware thread, this is copy pasted word for word

"OK, so EA finally emailed me about the issue and said this is what you should do and if we dont hear from you in x amount of hours we will consider this issue resolved. Both links in the email to try and contact them back take me to the EA support site login. When I try to login neither work and I get the connection was reset error. So it seems even with them trying to offer help they really don't seem to care one way or another that I can't get a hold of them.

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you within 144 hours.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

MLINK: link

To access your question from our support site, click here(link).

Subject

EA Chat
Discussion Thread
Response (Stephen W.)
11/15/2009 07:32 AM

Hello,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this issue has caused.

For this issue, I recommend deleting the cached information stored on your Xbox 360 and re-sync that information with the servers.

You can do this by:
1. Sign out of XBox Live
2. Go to the main Dashboard
3. Go to your System Blade.
4. Go to memory
5. Please highlight your Hard Drive and press the Y button to open the device options.
6. Select Clear System Cache
7. Please accept the system maintenance
8. Go back to the System Blade
9. Select Console Settings
10. Select Time and Date
11. Please adjust your date on the console to 11-15-2005 and save the setting.
12. Sign back into XBox Live
13. Place the game back in and allow it to update and then go online.

If you continue to experience this issue, please let me know.

Thank you.

Stephen W.
Online Support Tier 3
Electronic Arts"

Has anyone tried this? If you want to see the message yourself the link is http://daforums.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=705680&forum=135&sp=75 at the bottom

Doc_Ezra
11-16-2009, 09:11 PM
This is a bit off-topic, but you should try to recover it again. Your gamertag is stored and cached on Microsofts servers, so no matter what action you take, your gamertag remains in the same shape as it was when it last contacted xbox live. Chances are the recovery process might of hit a snag and gave you that message, but you should certainly be able to get your tag back

Alas, not according to their "Escalation Resolution" team...they say the copy on their servers is corrupted. The download hangs at halfway and then tells me the recovery service is unavailable. I intend to periodically (every couple of weeks) try again to get it back, but I haven't been given much reason to believe it will work.

musicman4523
11-16-2009, 10:39 PM
Hello,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this issue has caused.

For this issue, I recommend deleting the cached information stored on your Xbox 360 and re-sync that information with the servers.

You can do this by:
1. Sign out of XBox Live
2. Go to the main Dashboard
3. Go to your System Blade.
4. Go to memory
5. Please highlight your Hard Drive and press the Y button to open the device options.
6. Select Clear System Cache
7. Please accept the system maintenance
8. Go back to the System Blade
9. Select Console Settings
10. Select Time and Date
11. Please adjust your date on the console to 11-15-2005 and save the setting.
12. Sign back into XBox Live
13. Place the game back in and allow it to update and then go online.

If you continue to experience this issue, please let me know.

Thank you.

Stephen W.
Online Support Tier 3
Electronic Arts"

Has anyone tried this? If you want to see the message yourself the link is http://daforums.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=705680&forum=135&sp=75 (http://daforums.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=705680&forum=135&sp=75) at the bottom

I tried this and it didn't work. I started a new character and got to Soldier's Peak, drank the potion and nothing. Kinda sucks because I have 51/54 achievements, and the 3 I am missing are the DLC ones I got on release day. I hope they come up with a fix soon.

Dave of Canada
11-16-2009, 11:09 PM
I tried this and it didn't work. I started a new character and got to Soldier's Peak, drank the potion and nothing. Kinda sucks because I have 51/54 achievements, and the 3 I am missing are the DLC ones I got on release day. I hope they come up with a fix soon.

*Points at sig*

Same here :(

YodaEXE
11-16-2009, 11:20 PM

I have no idea why they thought that that would work. There's no reason for it to. This won't be fixed until either Bioware removes the achievements from our Bioware accounts so that the game doesn't think we have them anymore, or until the game is patched to try and give you the achievement, regardless of whether or not the game thinks you already have it (like most games do, which prevents this sort of problem).

Elite Assassin
11-17-2009, 12:37 AM
Yeah this is so dumb. I did this on day on and just now recovered my tag and then cleared the cache. got Shale and nothing. I hate this. Before it showed up only when I compaired games with some one on xbox now it doesn't show up at all so I think I'm screwed on that one.

Bearded Skull
11-17-2009, 01:25 AM
From BioWare:

http://daforums.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=705680&forum=135&sp=90

A small update from you (hopefully better than hearing nothing).

The good news is we think we have figured out what the problem is and how it was caused (I'm not going to reveal it until we are 100% certain). Thanks to everyone who helped us track down the bug.

The bad news is we don't have a fix yet. We are first making 100% sure we know the cause. We are working on a fix in case it is the cause we suspect, but atm I don't know if this is the right fix or when this fix will be ready.

We are continuing to work on the issue though. When we have more news, we will let you know. Stay tuned. http://daforums.bioware.com/_commonext/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

DENAz666
11-17-2009, 01:55 AM
They didn't fix shit, they just deleted the achievments and are making us earn them again. Lame

Bearded Skull
11-17-2009, 01:57 AM
Well he did say that they don't have a 100% fix yet, but at least they're working on one.

DENAz666
11-17-2009, 02:12 AM
Well he did say that they don't have a 100% fix yet, but at least they're working on one.

Nah mate, at one stage i was able to view them from my xbox, but not on my xbox.com profile. Now they aren't even on my xbox, so i need to earn them all again :( Not the biggest deal, but just annoying

Elite Assassin
11-17-2009, 04:28 AM
Nah mate, at one stage i was able to view them from my xbox, but not on my xbox.com profile. Now they aren't even on my xbox, so i need to earn them all again :( Not the biggest deal, but just annoying

For me I can get everything but the Getting Shale. I had it show up like I said before on Xbox as well only by compairing games. I was told to recover my tag, clear the cache and do the mission again. I've tried a lot. anyone have any Idea how to get this achievement to unlock on both the site and xbox. The other content is fine though.

ANIM4L
11-17-2009, 04:43 AM

You'll only be able to re-unock them if you got them after M$ updated their servers. If you unlocked the DLC during the 3 days following the games release date you will not be able unlock 'em.

Recovering your gamercard will NOT resolve the issue, in fact by doing so, it will remove the achievement from your card. I've tried 3 times to unlock the achievement, once after my inital recovery, second after clearing my cache, and a third time offline. Nothing works, looks like the achievement for completing soldier's peak will not unlock for me again till they eventually fix it.

Thanks to EA for releasing yet another game with glitchy achievements... Good luck with your layoffs. I hope your firings go really well.

TroyN
11-17-2009, 06:20 PM
You'll only be able to re-unock them if you got them after M$ updated their servers. If you unlocked the DLC during the 3 days following the games release date you will not be able unlock 'em.

Not correct actually, people are blowing this issue way up and are not seeing the real problem anymore. What's happening is this: The achievements all unlock just fine, what started this whole thing is microsoft being lazy and not having their servers updated. As for re-unlocking if you got them after the servers updated... there's no reason to do that. You have them at that point. We will be able to get these achievements once the patch is released.

Now, here's the catch. Since microsoft was slow, that showed a fault in Bioware's continuity system. With Dragon Age they tried a system where everything you do is tracked, by aparently multiple sources, so that every single miniscule thing you do is kept up with for achievements and their community site. The downside to this indepth system is the fact achievements can only be unlocked once using this system. Once it's triggered, it's triggered. This is why people who have the game crash at the same time as an achievement should unlock are having this problem too.

From what we can gather, it's a combination of EA's servers, whatever service MS uses to cache gamertag information, and a cache locally on the 360 to keep track of all your stuff. Making it pretty much impossible to do anythihng yourself to fix it.

There's no you can re-unlock or not though, as of right now no one can re-unlock any achievement, because that's what this whole problem is. Doesn't matter when you got it, although if you got it after day 3 then it's showing up fine for you, unless it crashed at the same time. In which case back to step 1, cannot re-unlock any achievement no matter what.

ANIM4L
11-17-2009, 07:57 PM
Not correct actually, people are blowing this issue way up and are not seeing the real problem anymore. What's happening is this: The achievements all unlock just fine, what started this whole thing is microsoft being lazy and not having their servers updated. As for re-unlocking if you got them after the servers updated... there's no reason to do that. You have them at that point. We will be able to get these achievements once the patch is released.

Now, here's the catch. Since microsoft was slow, that showed a fault in Bioware's continuity system. With Dragon Age they tried a system where everything you do is tracked, by aparently multiple sources, so that every single miniscule thing you do is kept up with for achievements and their community site. The downside to this indepth system is the fact achievements can only be unlocked once using this system. Once it's triggered, it's triggered. This is why people who have the game crash at the same time as an achievement should unlock are having this problem too.

From what we can gather, it's a combination of EA's servers, whatever service MS uses to cache gamertag information, and a cache locally on the 360 to keep track of all your stuff. Making it pretty much impossible to do anythihng yourself to fix it.

There's no you can re-unlock or not though, as of right now no one can re-unlock any achievement, because that's what this whole problem is. Doesn't matter when you got it, although if you got it after day 3 then it's showing up fine for you, unless it crashed at the same time. In which case back to step 1, cannot re-unlock any achievement no matter what.
I'm sorry but WTF are you talking about, I've gone to EA, Bioware, gamespot, and a few other sites researching the problem and it is only people who have played the DLC and unlocked the achievements in the 3 days following the release of the game that have the issue. It's the game, not a EA server side error as you put it, because when you play offline you are not on ANYBODYS server, the game is glitched for anybody who unlocked DLC during those 3 days... Simple as that. Diden't you read my whole post or just the first paragraph, I listed everything that has worked in the past for other games that I tried to do with this one... So saying I'm wrong then pretty much writting the long version of a hypothesis as to what you think it might be doesn't help anyone. I'm sorry I don't mean to flame you but I so pissed that there is no fix in the near future for this.

***ok I see you were talking about re-unlocking the achievments, duh I'm sorry, I just don't get why GT recovery removed the achievement off my card. And yes you can re-earn achievements, if you play only play connected to live you may have never experienced this. In short this what I meant by re-unlocking, lets say you play only connected to Live. You decide to got to a friends house with your profile on a MU and play offline, and you unlock some achievement. You go home and forgot your MU at said friends house. So you decide to recover you GT, since you were offline the achievement will not be on your gamer card. Only way to get it back is to re-unlock it. Since I had 1 DLC achievement for DA:O before I recovered, and now I'm missing one I assumed it was something you had to re-earn or re-unlock.

TwistedFate
11-17-2009, 09:21 PM
It's the game, not a EA server side error as you put it, because when you play offline you are not on ANYBODYS server,

By your own words it's the servers.

You'll only be able to re-unock them if you got them after M$ updated their servers.

In short you are saying "It's not the servers, but you can't get them until the server was updated." That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

However, the quote is incorrect as well, since if you got them after the update there is no need to re-unlock them.

If it were the game, MS's server update would not have affected anything. A Title Update would have been required, and I didn't get a TU on day 5 when I connected for the first time so the day 3 fix had nothing to do with the core game.

I'm willing to bet anybody who played offline and got the achievements in the first three days but didn't connect until the server update is just fine. TroyN's explanation makes the most sense, multiple servers tracking your progress munged up the system. The reason none of the fixes that have worked in the past haven't worked this time means something is different about this game. Wonder what that could be? The addition of an extra server saving your data, maybe?

The game is glitched for anybody who had the server record the achieves in the first 3 days.

EDIT: Ah I see your edit and I think you get what he was trying to say now.

fatalmephisto
11-18-2009, 12:05 AM
All the DLC achievements unlocked for me but the only one that is bugged is the first Achievement you get when you get Shale in your party.

If you did not unlock them in the first 3 days of the games retail release, then there is no problem. This is ONLY an issue for people who unlocked the achievement within 3 days of retail release, November 3rd.

The glitch is the fact microsoft didn't have their system updated to support 1100 by nov 6. So any DLC unlocked between nov 3 and nov 6 are glitched, they do not show on your online profile or contribute to your gamerscore/completion percentage. And no, recovering your gamertag doesn't do anything.

Ahhh i Don't know about that, i got the game on the 8th of November and i got the Rock and a hard place achievement on the 11th of November and it unlocked for me to see but everyone else it doesnt show it. So the recover thing wont do me any good cause i just finished getting all the rest of the Achievement's so ill have to wait for them to fix it.

DENAz666
11-18-2009, 03:35 AM

Recovering your gamercard will NOT resolve the issue, in fact by doing so, it will remove the achievement from your card. I've tried 3 times to unlock the achievement, once after my inital recovery, second after clearing my cache, and a third time offline. Nothing works, looks like the achievement for completing soldier's peak will not unlock for me again till they eventually fix it.

Thanks to EA for releasing yet another game with glitchy achievements... Good luck with your layoffs. I hope your firings go really well.

Does the acheivment actually appear in your achievment list on your xbox? or is it just 1000/1000? When mine first unlocked, it was showing on my xbox but not on xbox.com, now after the fix, its no longer on my xbox acheivment list, so i imagine its just a matter of doing the quests again.

I'll have to test it and find out for myself :)

musicman4523
11-18-2009, 01:43 PM
Does the acheivment actually appear in your achievment list on your xbox? or is it just 1000/1000? When mine first unlocked, it was showing on my xbox but not on xbox.com, now after the fix, its no longer on my xbox acheivment list, so i imagine its just a matter of doing the quests again.

I'll have to test it and find out for myself :)

We wish it was that easy, but the information is being stored elsewhere, either on the EA/Bioware servers or in the game info on the xbox. So the game thinks you already have the achievements, and will not let you get them again even though the achievements on your xbox say you don't have them. That is the problem, a lot of us have already done multiple things recommended by EA and are still not able to get the achievements again because Dragon Age thinks we already have them. They have recently posted that they think they know what the problem is and are working on a fix, so now we have to wait until they test it and make sure they are correct.

QuezcotL
11-18-2009, 05:53 PM
wow, can people stop writing?
Its like 1000'post about nothing but arguing, how about writing something when it finally works?
Or some news happends, instead whenver a new post land in this thread its about some crybaby who doesnt like what the other guy just said.

jeez.

Lefty719
11-18-2009, 10:41 PM
Hey, I don't know if anyone's noticed but all the Bioware threads where everyone's offering fixes and such seem to be locked. Like they're sweeping this under the rug. The EA one still seems to be there. But I thought I'd throw out an update.

TroyN
11-19-2009, 12:45 AM
Hey, I don't know if anyone's noticed but all the Bioware threads where everyone's offering fixes and such seem to be locked. Like they're sweeping this under the rug. The EA one still seems to be there. But I thought I'd throw out an update.

Nah, that's not what happened. The entire forum is locked. They want everyone to move over to the community site, people weren't moving, so now they've just went ahead and closed the entirety of the old forums so people don't have a choice anymore. So... that sucks because that was the thread they were finally communicating in. Only thing we can hope for is that they respond to one on the community site now. By the way the community site is http://social.bioware.com/user_home.php if some of you guys didn't know.

EDIT: Here's the direct quote.

"On Tuesday November 17 we will be closing these forums and will be directing all discussion on Dragon Age over to the Social Site.

These "old" forums will be archived, but all ongoing discussion on Dragon Age will be in the Social site.

If you have not already done so, please head over to the Social Site and create an account. You can visit the Social Site here: http://social.bioware.com/user_home.php"

So it's not sweeping the issue under the rug, it's just unfortunate circumstances.

DENAz666
11-19-2009, 03:28 AM
wow, can people stop writing?
Its like 1000'post about nothing but arguing, how about writing something when it finally works?
Or some news happends, instead whenver a new post land in this thread its about some crybaby who doesnt like what the other guy just said.

jeez.

Your telling us to post something useful? hypocrite. Calling us crybaby's... have a read of your own god dam post

Murrots
11-19-2009, 05:46 AM
I love online arguements.

TotalAbyssDeath
11-19-2009, 07:43 AM
Still no fix out yet eh? Well hopefully once they are done tinkering around with there new site / forum they will get to work on a fix.

th3warr1or
11-19-2009, 01:58 PM
1000/1000ing Assassin's Creed 2 until this gets fixed, which is hopefully soon.

QuezcotL
11-19-2009, 02:05 PM
Your telling us to post something useful? hypocrite. Calling us crybaby's... have a read of your own god dam post
I suspected you would reply, crybaby.

and once again, 6 more post about "NOTHING".
this thread is about the update, I thought.

Trash Man
11-19-2009, 08:46 PM
I've not started on this game, picked it up a few days ago.

Are there any issues with the achievements if I start playing now?