PDA

View Full Version : Reaver/achievements

DragNviper13
11-07-2009, 10:50 AM
I'm planning on becoming a reaver but i read that leliana leaves...do you think after i romance her and get the achievement i should become a reaver? or would it make other achievements harder to get. Also is leliana a valuable asset to the team or no

BlackDragon
11-07-2009, 04:40 PM
You COULD do that, yes. But even those who don't leave, are gonna get some severe Affinity-penalties - so if there's anyone else you want to romance, or need to get Specializations out of, taking that path will make it all a lot harder. Oh, and you loose the ability to get the 'Champion' specialization entirely.

...alternately, you could cheat a bit. Save right before you talk with the guy who'll give you Reaver, agree with him, get the Reaver specialization, and then as soon as the scene is over, reload your save. Your character profile will remember the unlocked specialty, so you'll still have access to Reaver - so this time, you can tell the dude to go jump off a cliff, keep your party-members happy, and still collect the Champion-spec as well.

DragNviper13
11-07-2009, 07:31 PM
Alright thanks and even if i use reaver skills it doesnt affect how people look at me?

roulex
11-07-2009, 08:25 PM
Nope. The only specialization that some people take offense to is the Blood Mage one. Also, you're not 'entirely' out of luck with getting Champion if you snag Reaver with the legit method, but it's basically at the end of the game that you can pick it up, and you have to make a decision that would make you lose Alistar. See this thread for details. (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=188011)