PDA

View Full Version : Everyone with glitched achievements (DLC and non-DLC) NEEDS to do this asap

Komrade Kayce
11-07-2009, 03:56 PM
Go to

http://help.dragonage.com (http://help.dragonage.com/)

and file a question, explaining what exactly is going on (the inability to unlock your achievements).

Everyone who is having issues needs to do this asap. We need to seriously flood them with complaints about the same thing. This same issue is currently plaguing not only the DLC people, but anyone who has had their game crash right at the very moment they were supposed to get one. Theres reports popping up that they're experiencing the same issues as the current DLC people, that the game thinks they've unlocked them already or something and no matter what they do, they cannot unlock them 'again'.

First person to get a reply, post it here, it would be appreciated. I've now waited about 36 hours and no reply, regardless of the fact they say 'Youll hear from us within 24 hours'. I don't want this issue becoming something they just throw to the side and ignore us. I say this because if you check the Bioware AND Dragon Age technical support forums, eerily, nobody seems to have mentioned the 360 achievements being broken, not once.

Once again, I need both the DLC glitched achievement people and the non DLC glitched achievement people to go explain themselves, so that the issue is looked at as a whole.

EDIT: Oh yeah, feel free to mention that whoever provided the solution to recover your gamertag and get a new achievement is a boob, and that doesn't work. Creating a new character doesn't work either.

Thank you for your time.

ImmortalArbiter
11-07-2009, 07:27 PM
So I'm a boob for a problem with the game, and not the process?

It worked fine for every other time this has happened. I think in Dragon Age once you earn an achievement, it can't re-unlock. Someone here posted that their game froze at the conclusion of one of the origin stories, and now they can't unlock the achievement, no matter what.

I can GUARANTEE that once they fix this second issue, you will have to recover your gamertag to get the achievements added to your gamerscore. So watch where you place your insults, and do a little research beforehand.

Chuppernicus
11-07-2009, 07:52 PM
Play nice boys-

Look at the bright side, we all can learn from this. Now and in the future, how about we don't post solutions to problems based on theory or past results in OTHER games until they have been proven to actually work. Those of us who listened to said advice without proof should now know better and wait for confirmation that the solution actually works.

Mars Renegade
11-07-2009, 08:05 PM
I sent an e-mail this morning, and I'm monitoring a bunch of different forums to see if anyone comes up with a fix. If they do, I'll post it here.

Komrade Kayce
11-07-2009, 09:24 PM
So I'm a boob for a problem with the game, and not the process?

It worked fine for every other time this has happened. I think in Dragon Age once you earn an achievement, it can't re-unlock. Someone here posted that their game froze at the conclusion of one of the origin stories, and now they can't unlock the achievement, no matter what.

I can GUARANTEE that once they fix this second issue, you will have to recover your gamertag to get the achievements added to your gamerscore. So watch where you place your insults, and do a little research beforehand.

If what you told people was 'get another achievement, your previous achievements will unlock', then yes, you are a boob. Because that was not how it worked in Fallout. You still had to re-get the achievements even after recovering your GT. So if you were the one who originally told people that, then yes, you're a boob for spreading misinformation.

If you had half a brain, you would see that myself (and others) posted BEFORE the server update (which is what fixed fallout) that you could not re-get the achievements at ALL anymore, and it was likely an issue with the EA servers.

Don't get your panties in a bunch and try not to be so sensitive next time.

Komrade Kayce
11-07-2009, 09:25 PM
Play nice boys-

Look at the bright side, we all can learn from this. Now and in the future, how about we don't post solutions to problems based on theory or past results in OTHER games until they have been proven to actually work. Those of us who listened to said advice without proof should now know better and wait for confirmation that the solution actually works.

And you're absolutely right. I'm a boob for listening to a boob, lol.

Mezerashi
11-07-2009, 09:41 PM
If what you told people was 'get another achievement, your previous achievements will unlock', then yes, you are a boob. Because that was not how it worked in Fallout. You still had to re-get the achievements even after recovering your GT. So if you were the one who originally told people that, then yes, you're a boob for spreading misinformation.

If you had half a brain, you would see that myself (and others) posted BEFORE the server update (which is what fixed fallout) that you could not re-get the achievements at ALL anymore, and it was likely an issue with the EA servers.

Don't get your panties in a bunch and try not to be so sensitive next time.

Wow dude, he was just trying to help. I don't really think there was any reason to go all Komrade Kockenspheal on him. EA, Microsoft, or Bioware don't give half a crap how many emails you send them. They will fix the problem whenever they fix it. Bioware hasn't done anything to make me not think they wouldn't so, calm down dude. Maybe you would be more serene if you actually got to see some boobs? Think on it, it could help.

Komrade Kayce
11-07-2009, 11:08 PM
Wow dude, he was just trying to help. I don't really think there was any reason to go all Komrade Kockenspheal on him. EA, Microsoft, or Bioware don't give half a crap how many emails you send them. They will fix the problem whenever they fix it. Bioware hasn't done anything to make me not think they wouldn't so, calm down dude. Maybe you would be more serene if you actually got to see some boobs? Think on it, it could help.

I'm cool with trying to help. I'm even cool with telling people to recover gamertags. But someone ran in and said 'recover your gt, get another achievement and thats it, itll work no problemo!'... when this was very much not the case.

I don't even remember him being the one to do so, because I think it was some guy on the xbox forums first. But yeah, thats all I was upset about.

Le sorry'.

Kyanite
11-07-2009, 11:21 PM
I'm not very far into the story (Morrigan just joined me), so without revealing any spoilers, what achievements are glitched?

Komrade Kayce
11-07-2009, 11:54 PM
I'm not very far into the story (Morrigan just joined me), so without revealing any spoilers, what achievements are glitched?

Pretty much, if your game freezes up right when you're supposed to get an achievement, ANY achievement, and when you reload your 360 you dont have it, then chances are you currently have no way of obtaining it. You can reload your save, you can restart a new character... if the game thinks you should have already have it, then it wont give it to you.

This is a large scale issue with people who played the DLC before the server update and thus, had to recover their gamertag (wiping the DLC achievements) and noticed they they still couldn't unlock any of them. But its also an issue being reported by people who have just had their game crash right when they were supposed to get one.

Its almost as if the information saying 'you already have this achievement' is being stored somewhere (the gamertag?) and making it so that you cant get them.

I would suspect a title update is coming soon to fix it. Can't come soon enough.

xDrDeath
11-07-2009, 11:58 PM

The achievements for DLC.

And for the record I the acheivements were never fixed because i got them after they appeared on xbox and it did the samething to me that it did to people who got them before friday

ImmortalArbiter
11-08-2009, 04:42 AM
Okay, I thought you meant "recover your profile and get a new achievement" as re-doing the DLC achievements. I didn't realize someone had posted that getting any achievement would fix the old ones, so I jumped the gun a bit, so I do apologize for that.

It's just a frustrating situation all around, especially when you pay $60 (or $75) for game and then another $7 for content that doesn't fully function.

snake42069
11-14-2009, 05:11 PM
everytime DA opens up and start reading my drive for saves, my gamerscore on my profile hits 0. In order to get my GS back, i have to go to dash, then sign out of my profile, then back in. My score pops back in.

It happened somewhere between doing denerim quests and going to Brecilian to slaughter the village (hopefully that would unlock the werewolf achievement). Its starting to get annoying.

I cant earn squat til this is fixed.