PDA

View Full Version : Seeking the Anvil of the Void... (Please help!)

BlackDragon
11-08-2009, 12:45 AM
Okay, I'm completely stuck on the 'Anvil of the Void' quest. I went to Orthan Thaig and found the Journal, and now the quest-description says I'm supposed to head to the Dead Trenches, through Caridin's Cross.

But there's no new points of interest on my map at all - certainly nothing even remotely resembling the 'Dead Trenches'. Just Caridin's Cross, Orthan Thaig, Aeducan Thaig and, of course, Orzammar. And I've been through all those places with a fine-toothed comb - there's nothing to be found anywhere. I've walked back and forth through Caridin's Cross a dozen times or more, but found no new passages that might lead me to the Dead Trenches. Oghren is completely uncommunicative, and the game offers no help whatsoever. I've got no idea where to go, what to do, and it's driving me nuts... especially since I can't just go off and adventure elsewhere - I need to finish the quest so I can get Oghren in my party permanently, so he'll teach me the Berserker-specialization... I've run out of useful skills in my main powersets, and I've already got a level-up waiting.

Please, somebody, help me! :(

-KTA-
11-08-2009, 01:40 AM
If you take the south exit with oghren in your group you should get a cutscene with him saying the trenches are just ahead and it'll appear on the map.

Not 100% sure if you HAVE to have Oghren in your party at all times but I took him just in case. And certain cutscenes are driven by him so maybe so.... there is a book in the trenches that are also said for his eyes only. Again not sure if needed per se.

But worth a shot unless you've done this and it glitched.

yamiseth
11-08-2009, 03:44 AM
uhh i didnt use Oghren at all here, and i got through. the dead trenches are behind the bench with the journal from branka in thaig. its a narrow passage between two rocks kind of. hope this helps if you couldnt find it.