PDA

View Full Version : anybody have tips on opening chests?

RoyallFreshness
11-08-2009, 05:16 AM
im trying to decipher which skills, etc. to build so i can stop passing up all these chests, but no luck. anybody have specific details or am i just jumping the gun and need to play a little more?

Sporty Flea
11-08-2009, 06:02 AM
im trying to decipher which skills, etc. to build so i can stop passing up all these chests, but no luck. anybody have specific details or am i just jumping the gun and need to play a little more?

Rogues unlock them. If you are not a rogue, bring a rogue party member with you :P

nictasty
11-08-2009, 06:09 AM
Also the rogues have a skill that is for unlocking chests and you need to upgrade that asap.

AzureHaseo
11-08-2009, 07:15 AM
The skill is either called locksmithing or lock picking i cant remember. But, if you arent a rogue take either the red haired girl or the archer guy.

RoyallFreshness
11-08-2009, 07:35 AM
a ha, thank you very much:)

looks like i may missed out on a few in the beginning, hope i can go back

Imperialistic
11-08-2009, 11:37 AM
The skill tree in the Rogue class is called 'Deft Hands' which containts Deft Hands (Requires 10 Cunning), Improved Tools (Level 4 and 14 Cunning), Mechanical Expertise (Level 8 and 18 Cunning) and Device Mastery (Level 12 and 22 Cunning), each allowing different tiers of locks to be opened and traps to be disarmed.

The Origin quests can be rather annoying as a non-Rogue without the skill, and certain places may not be accessible later on.

Other than that, as others have said it is a good idea to take a rogue on your travels.

Ionus
11-09-2009, 09:18 PM
a ha, thank you very much:)

looks like i may missed out on a few in the beginning, hope i can go back

Well as far as I know all those locked chests in the Origins stories will never be opened unless you starts as a rogue.

Other posts have also stated that there is NEVER anything unique in ANY locked container. But that may not be the case as another posts said that a powerful item is locked behind a door (a shield i think it was).

Personally I don't really want to be a thief as the main character.