PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having issues with corrupted saves?

zzenigmaxzz
11-08-2009, 06:37 PM
there was thread about this on gamefaqs but was wondering if anyone here is experiencing it

Elm
11-08-2009, 10:21 PM
I hope not. I had this problem in Oblivion and it totally ruined the game for me.
The game is starting to lag though and is getting glitchy after 30 hours in my first playthrough.

jchapman
11-15-2009, 07:39 AM
Yes, the game corrupted my save just before I was about to complete it (50 hours of my time wasted; I won't be buying another Bioware game). I'd recommend backing up your save file to a memory unit regularly (after testing it to be sure it's not corrupted) every play session until this is patched.

melvINSANITY
11-15-2009, 07:53 AM
Are there any other fixes for it (clearing cache, perhaps?) I'm 38 hrs into the game and I don't want to start over.

Hero2None
11-23-2009, 01:37 AM
Seen this thread while I was looking around for tips & thought, I hope that douesnt happen to me. Alas, last nite I lost all my saves, every character gone. Accumulated time had to be well over 80 hours. Had a save backed up on memory card & tried to load it, says the same thing. Now I tried to start a new game & says corrupted save even after I deleted all saves on hard drive. Bottom line I cant play game anymore. WTF!!!!

Kyai
11-23-2009, 02:37 AM
It happened to my manager. He called me asking how to fix it. Unfortunately I had to tell him it's not fixable.

SpinelesS
11-23-2009, 12:00 PM
I encountered the corrupted save problem myself.

It occured for me when I put too many items into my chest at warden's keep. Any save afterwards would be corrupted.

I reccommend Saving before you put new stuff into the chest, then save in a different location after, and try and load the 2nd save. If you cant, revert to the first one, and move some stuff elsewhere (there are 2 merchants near the chest you can sell junk too)

I suppose it could also occur if you sold everything to the same trader and they maxed out there inventory as well... I dont know. (I never really paid attention to if Items you sold in a store dissapear or not)

TriRock
11-23-2009, 01:56 PM
No corrupted saves. Sorry it had to happen to you.

Were you really using just one save? Or did it corrupt all of them?

Ledain
11-24-2009, 03:39 AM
This happened to me on my first playthrough. Saved to run some errands right outside Redcliffe Castle after the Landsmeet. Started the game up later, and none of my save files would load. Each one of them had been corrupted.

Clearing them off my hard drive from the dashboard, I noticed there were 7 save files, instead of the 5 separate saves I had been keeping. (Yes, that's excluding saves from other profiles, and including the auto-save.) Once I deleted them and started a new game, everything worked fine. My Darkspawn kills and Specializations carried over as well, despite having deleted all my old saves.

Mr.Ballwasher
11-24-2009, 04:00 AM
corrupted saves....sounds pretty gay

BruteForce0G
12-04-2009, 11:52 PM
This problem has been getting worse for me. I had two good play throughs with my first two characters. I had a damaged file on my third, and now I can't play a new character through to the end without getting damaged files almost every time. It's really annoying playing a new character for 30+ hours and have it all go to shit!

Achronos808
12-12-2009, 08:36 AM
The game save file corruption BS just hit me. I'm about 40 hours in and was at the beginning of the land's meet and then thought it would be a good time to make some saves and log for the night. On the next day when I loaded every save I made during the land's meet, 4 redundant saves. All of them corrupted. I fear that many more saves may get corrupted so I stopped playing.