PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else's 360 struggle w/ regular Xbox games?

roywilliams31
02-28-2006, 07:11 PM
I know most of you are probably too busy w/ achievements to play regular Xbox games :)....

But I was just wondering if anyone else had the same problems...

Halo 2 gets massive slowdown for me when any level involving fog is in play (ie Backwash, The Oracle)

Fable runs at an alarming 2 FPS (exaggeration). It's almost like my character is stuck in mud or something....it ran much better on the regular Xbox.

Ghost Recon is almost unplayable.

I can't see why the 360 would have trouble w/ regular Xbox games, and since I got rid of my crapped out Xbox, I have nothing to play these great games on. Oh well....

Psycence
02-28-2006, 07:24 PM
nope mine runs like a dream, all i can think of is update your emulation software, erm tidy your HD up a bit if its full...

Tron
02-28-2006, 08:10 PM
Halo 2 bogs down on Backwash just as you said... its got to be the fog... also i lose some textures on Zanzibar and midship but nothing that affects my play like backwash

Crash
02-28-2006, 08:29 PM
Halo 2 bogs down on Backwash just as you said... its got to be the fog...

The fog is most likely part of the reason, and I think the Invisibility is the other part.
Me and a buddy did a test on Backwash, and most of the slowdown seemed to happen when he would grab the invisibility. It really slowed down during his fading in/out while having Invis, and we didn't have any real problem if no one grabbed it.
A level w-no fog = No prob w-Invisiblity
A level w-Fog (Backwash) = Problem w-Invis (at least in my test)

I could be wrong though ;)

Tron
02-28-2006, 08:31 PM
i think your right.

BucklingLeader
02-28-2006, 09:03 PM
the only problems i have running xbox 1 games on my 360 is with Halo 2, as some of you already mentioned, it will occasionally get kinda choppy, usually on backwash when i get near the fog, but it will only last for a few seconds, thus the game is still playable :)

all other levels seem to run fine though

roywilliams31
02-28-2006, 09:24 PM
How do you update your emulation software?

kaotic
02-28-2006, 10:57 PM
i have no problems what so ever...i play on backwash and i get the invicibillity and it dont slow down at all

KMB 316
02-28-2006, 11:18 PM
yes the 360 struggles on a TON of xbox 1 games no worries.

scoobydiesel
03-01-2006, 07:44 AM
i poped in halo 2 once alogn tiem ago(liek novemeber ago) and havnt palyed any old schoolness since

Substance 360
03-01-2006, 09:52 PM
Guys im having problems with Halo 2 online, im new to Live BTW i had it today.

When i play on lockout in matchmaking i have a sign in to Live thing burned onto my screen in white.

??? ???

Tron
03-03-2006, 02:28 PM
i have the background of backwash screen burned on mine sometimes... you have to restart to get it off or just deal with it..its a bitch, i know

k_dog
03-04-2006, 11:38 PM
i have the background of backwash screen burned on mine sometimes... you have to restart to get it off or just deal with it..its a bitch, i know

This is the same problem I've had. I just play my 1st gen XBox to avoid this problem...