PDA

View Full Version : A Couple Questions

BloodGodAlucard
11-08-2009, 07:35 PM
I won't be able to play this until Christmas so I was wondering if someone could explain how the Origins story mechanic works. I know you have several options to choose from. I was wondering if you directing chose one, such as Human Noble, from a list of options when you create your character at the start of the game, or if you begin the game as whatever class you choose, human, elf, etc., then your actions dictated what your origin would be. Could someone explain it please?
Also, I looked in the achievement section and saw that it mentioned siding with certain groups during missions/quests, how do your choices of who you side with affect the flow of the story and overall experience as a whole?

when_vegans_attack
11-08-2009, 07:40 PM
During character creation you will pick your Origin (at the same time you choose your class), that's determines where you start the game, etc.

The achievements for siding with different people or factions are basically decisions between good/evil. One side is blatanly one or the other - it affects gameplay because some party members will abhor certain decisions that you make and attack you or simply leave because of those decisions. Beyond that, during "The Final Battle" questline you will be able to call in troops and the troops that are available depend on which factions you decided to side with.

Hope that helps.

BloodGodAlucard
11-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Thanks for your help. I was planning on being evil for my first playthrouh. Is it pretty easy to tell who is which when choosing who to side with?

when_vegans_attack
11-08-2009, 08:01 PM
Thanks for your help. I was planning on being evil for my first playthrouh. Is it pretty easy to tell who is which when choosing who to side with?

Yeah - the only time where siding with one side is a little tricky is with the werewolves (if you help the leader end the curse it counts as siding with the elves.)

Evil decisions would be:
preserving the Anvil of the Void
siding with Bhelen
siding with the Templars
convincing the Werewolves to kill the Elves (you need high Persuasion for this)
putting Blood in the Urn of Sacred Ashes (in doing so you will have sided with the Cult of Andraste)

BloodGodAlucard
11-08-2009, 08:10 PM
Thanks for pointing out the evil choices for me. I appreciate it. As far as the werewolves part, when should I start upgrading my persuasion to get ready for this quest? About how far into the game is it? Another question, I'm planning on being a Human Noble, Warrior class, which skills/areas should I focus on ugrading first? I also heard about Arcane Warriors. What are these? How do you become one?

T i o u Z
11-08-2009, 08:32 PM
I finished the game in "good" but idk if there is really a big difference if you go bad. I will try it anyway and tell you more about it ;).

My first playthrough I was a noble dwarf warrior.
Second gonne do a human or elf rogue

BloodGodAlucard
11-08-2009, 09:00 PM
Thanks for your comment. Any insight on the questions I posted?

T i o u Z
11-08-2009, 09:21 PM
As far as the werewolves part, when should I start upgrading my persuasion to get ready for this quest?
Try to up persuasion the most quickly, in bioware games you should always do that imo
About how far into the game is it?
Depends on how you will play the game
Another question, I'm planning on being a Human Noble, Warrior class, which skills/areas should I focus on ugrading first?
Strength
Dexterity
Constitution
I also heard about Arcane Warriors. What are these? How do you become one?
If you wanna have the speciality Arcane Warrior you gotta be a Mage and not a warrior ;)

BloodGodAlucard
11-08-2009, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the info. That's too bad about the Arcane Warrior only being available to mages. I guess my second playthorough will be as a mage. What can I be in place of an Arcane Warrior since I'll be warrior class?

T i o u Z
11-08-2009, 09:35 PM
Berserker
Reaver
Templar
Champion

when_vegans_attack
11-08-2009, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the info. That's too bad about the Arcane Warrior only being available to mages. I guess my second playthorough will be as a mage. What can I be in place of an Arcane Warrior since I'll be warrior class?

You can be a Berserker, Templar, Champion or Reaver - you can pick two (one at 7 and one at 14) so long as you find the appropriate trainers.

EDIT:
Awww, posted it at the same time...

T i o u Z
11-08-2009, 09:39 PM
I was 2 minutes before you :P

BloodGodAlucard
11-08-2009, 10:48 PM
Okay so you can pick two specialties. Can you explain what each of the 4 are/do? Which two would you say are the best?

Hiryu
11-09-2009, 02:35 PM
i have a question

which items should i sell? I want to keep the presents but there a so many an i only have like 10-15 items space in my bag...

damn i didnt buy the extra-bag at the first item-seller ;((((
Can i go back and buy it later? (Im now finished with Lothering, not far in the game)