PDA

View Full Version : To send or not to send?

Havoced
02-20-2007, 08:18 AM
So I've owned my xbox for about 8-10 months now (I bought it some last spring and didn't play it much until Dead Rising was released) and for the past few months my disk tray sticks.
It doesn't stick all the time, only when I attempt to open it when there is no disk inside. I almost think that the simple weight of the disk itself adds enough weight to open the tray.
Anyways, the disk tray sticks and doesn't really cause any problems with the exception of a groaning-esque noise that really makes me worried, yet I have zero marks on my disks from it.
I've only ever froze twice while playing Saint's Row and a few times when playing Oblivion.
So what I'm really wondering is if I should send my 360 to MS and get it fixed due to the added warranty?
Will they even accept my problems as real problems, or will they be astetic?

BLOMBOMB
02-20-2007, 09:12 AM
I would call them and tell them exactly what you said here... A lot of 360's have problems with the disc drive (but they're refuse that accusation) and chances are it might get worse. Mine was completely normal and out of the blue the disc drive stopped reading my discs. It doesn't damage them at all, but something is wrong with it where it will only play a game after the 30-somethingth try and the attempt number seems to be growing every time i turn my console on. Get it checked out I say.. don't take your chances.

-B

Havoced
02-20-2007, 09:26 AM
That's what I was thinking.
I might as well go for it seeing as I've got warranty anyways.
But I was just worried I would be wasting my time because there's no REAL problems.
Although Oblivion will occassionally freeze and then when I reboot, it will either say that I need to put the disk into an xbox 360 (The screen you get when put into a PS2/DVD player) or it will just say the game disk cannot be read.
I just let my console cool down for an hour and it works again.
I assumed this was just a problem with Oblivion though.

Mulsiphix
02-20-2007, 10:57 AM
If you can bare to be without your 360 while it gets fixed then I would go ahead and send it in. If you can't, like me, then I would wait until you have no choice or your warranty is a few weeks away from expiring. As far as Oblivion being the problem I have had major issues with games that others say work perfectly for them and vise versa.

Each 360 seems to possess a unique personality when it comes to discs they have issues with. I both love and hate that about the 360. Then again all consoles seem to be plagued with their own hardware pitfalls. *sigh*

aRowan
02-20-2007, 11:03 AM
I have the same problem. MS told me that until it doesnt work, there is nothing that they can do. Over time it seems like it got worse then better eventually. One day I did have to pull the faceplate off and pull the trey out manually got get a game out. I normally don't do things like that, but a game was about to be overdue and I really didnt want to pay 10 bucks for a game that wasnt decent at best.

BLOMBOMB
02-20-2007, 01:40 PM
I have the same problem. MS told me that until it doesnt work, there is nothing that they can do. Over time it seems like it got worse then better eventually. One day I did have to pull the faceplate off and pull the trey out manually got get a game out. I normally don't do things like that, but a game was about to be overdue and I really didnt want to pay 10 bucks for a game that wasnt decent at best.

ew.. that's not good on your disc drive. :eek:

-B