PDA

View Full Version : Can't sign in.

CovertDog
02-20-2007, 11:12 AM
Is anyone else unable to sign into live? I know xbox.com is partially down, but I can't sign in. When I do the test it says my MTU Fails (whatever that is). When I hit more Info it just shows a blank screen. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Dark Fury
02-20-2007, 11:16 AM
I'd assume its part of the downtime (which is news to me).

Mine won't connect to Xbox Live either.

RoutineX
02-20-2007, 11:18 AM
Same here.

From MajorNelson.com:

Xbox Live Maintenance (2/20)

On Tuesday February 20th from 0200-0500 PT Xbox Live will be offline for maintenance. As a result, the ‘My Xbox’ section of Xbox.com will be unavailable, and the Xbox forums will be in read only mode (you will not be able to post.) The remainder of Xbox.com will be available for your browsing pleasure.

Click this link to find out what time the maintenance will begin in your time zone (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=2&day=20&year=2007&hour=2&min=0&sec=0&p1=234)

This is for maintenance only, there will be no new features that will appear on Xbox.com, your dashboard or Xbox Live when we return to service.

So, to recap: This is all for server maintenance only.

Blind Fool
02-20-2007, 11:18 AM
For some rather annoying reason my signed me out earlier. I'd forgotten until I saw this post, tried to sign in and it signed me out of my profile too and restarted the game (oblivion which hadn't been saved in a while damn it!).

Edit : Make that it hadn't autosaved once since it signed me out (ie over 2 hours of game lost) plus I can't restart now as I can't use the additional content since I'm not logged in to xbox live damn it... I swear they need a better system for content than this.

CovertDog
02-20-2007, 11:23 AM
For some rather annoying reason my signed me out earlier. I'd forgotten until I saw this post, tried to sign in and it signed me out of my profile too and restarted the game (oblivion which hadn't been saved in a while damn it!).

Oh snap man, that sucks. I'am sorry to hear it, but glad I'am not they only one.:p Thanks for the quick responds guys and RoutineX for doing what I suppose I should of done, Search.:p

Dark Fury
02-20-2007, 11:50 AM
According to Major Nelson, there are 4 new characters for Crackdown when its back up. :) One of which is a Sam Fisher look-a-like.

Flea
02-20-2007, 12:33 PM
Why cant they send people a message saying when its going to be down,
surely they can send a mass message from thei servers to every user.

This is the 1st ive found out about the outage.
:(

Dark Fury
02-20-2007, 01:21 PM
Xbox Live is back up for me.

Pseidon
02-20-2007, 01:22 PM
Xbox live should be back up for everyone now.