PDA

View Full Version : The Romance Thread

Oinkness
11-09-2009, 02:38 AM
How do you reach the romantic climax with every character? I did one complete playthrough and gave every gift I ever received to Morrigan, and I still wasn't even close to a full bar on just that single character...

Omera148
11-09-2009, 02:52 AM
How do you reach the romantic climax with every character? I did one complete playthrough and gave every gift I ever received to Morrigan, and I still wasn't even close to a full bar on just that single character...

Ummm...nice title.

There's specific items that give characters at +5 to +10 bonus. Morrigan needs a specific item in the circle tower that opens up her personal quest, depending on your dialogue you move into romance mode and then complete her personal quest (not really even needed) and she'll sleep with you.

Don't waste items on characters unless it's a bare minimum +3, make sure you exhaust all dialogue to get easy points.

Oh and Morrigan won't sleep with you when it's a full bar, she's into flings, there's your answer.

FLO
11-09-2009, 03:03 AM
Could we get maybe a list of all the characters with romance subplots? It surely can't be just Morrigan, right?

Asian47
11-09-2009, 03:06 AM
If you looked at the achievements for the game, they actually tell who you can romance. The choices are...

Morrigan(Male)
Alistar(Female)
Leliana(Male/Female)
Zevran(Male/Female)

Omera148
11-09-2009, 03:13 AM
Could we get maybe a list of all the characters with romance subplots? It surely can't be just Morrigan, right?

I believe just Morrigan and Leilana have subplots that can only occur when you start a romance, that's why you should leave them until before the landsmeet to avoid any chance they'll confront you before you finish the job. Leilana should be done first, she needs to be at 25% warm and in romance to get her personal quest (can be done without warm but for the sake of finishing you need to do this) started and then you need to get her all the way to 95-100% , exhaust all dialogues and then she'll start with a dialogue along the lines of "it's been a long time since i've left the chantry" and you just go from there.

Morrigan you just give her the gift from the circle tower, ask for "more", leave, she'll open a new dialogue and new quest and just return and she'll do it with you regardless if you finish or not.

Zevran you can just blink at the guy and he'll sleep with you.

True Marvellous
11-09-2009, 03:26 AM
If your avatar is female you cant get fruity with Morrigan, as if your male you cant get fresh with Alistair,

The other lover interest swing both ways so they don't care if there bedding Arthur or Martha.

Alistair likes Figures and rune stones
Morrigan likes Jewelry
Leliana Clothes and symbols of Adraste
Zeveran likes Leather and metal bars

Rest of gifts are generic and give diminishing returns

Probably a good idea to change the name of the thread too,

bloodswan
11-09-2009, 04:14 AM
Morrigan won't sleep with you if she is in love with you from what I gather. It is best to get with her as early as possible. I did it right after Lothering.

G315T
11-09-2009, 04:32 AM
Is there any indication that alignment-based choices make a difference, or is their preference for you the only factor?

True Marvellous
11-09-2009, 04:47 AM
Certain quest decisions will have a +/- on your approval rating and is shown in the lower left corner.

Morrigan for example doesn't seem to like you recruiting other people to the party, or for offering to help people in need that distracts you from the main quest line.

ponypo2001
11-09-2009, 04:52 AM
I've been trying to "do" Morrigan since I first recruited her and not once has she ever given the option.I just did her personal quest and she tells me that cause I have a relationship with Leilana,she won't sleep with me.This has totally screwed my playthrough now as I was going with a female character next and hoping not to have to play 3 pissing times :(

True Marvellous
11-09-2009, 05:07 AM
Just annoy leliana so she disapproves a bit of you.

I did it with alistair bit afterwards he proclaimed his love for my feisty she elf, whom preceded to rip his heart out and went off to snog Leilana.

ponypo2001
11-09-2009, 05:21 AM
Just annoy leliana so she disapproves a bit of you.

I did it with alistair bit afterwards he proclaimed his love for my feisty she elf, whom preceded to rip his heart out and went off to snog Leilana.

Sounds good but didn't work mate.I've even tried reducing how much Morrigan likes me and no go.I also reloaded a save straight after recruiting her and still nothing.I know it's not a racial thing and I've constantly checked dialogues from the start and never once had an option to kiss or go further

EDIT : Thank Christ.I reloaded a save just after collecting the grimoire from the mages tower.I called off my relationship with Leiliana and gave Morrigan the book.An option for a kiss reward came up.From there,it was in the sack and clickety clack.Thank God I save like something possessed!

wh1tel1ght
11-09-2009, 06:16 AM
Thread title= win.

Ray5555
11-09-2009, 07:46 AM
Ummm...nice title.

There's specific items that give characters at +5 to +10 bonus. Morrigan needs a specific item in the circle tower that opens up her personal quest, depending on your dialogue you move into romance mode and then complete her personal quest (not really even needed) and she'll sleep with you.

Don't waste items on characters unless it's a bare minimum +3, make sure you exhaust all dialogue to get easy points.

Oh and Morrigan won't sleep with you when it's a full bar, she's into flings, there's your answer.

Thats not true Morrigan slept with me when I had a full bar. This was after finding the book or her though. But her romance was maxed.

guthmund
11-09-2009, 05:05 PM
Thats not true Morrigan slept with me when I had a full bar. This was after finding the book or her though. But her romance was maxed.

I can confirm that. I had to give her everything (i.e. the black grimoire, Flemeth's book, the gold mirror) before I even got the obviously different dialogue to sleep with her. She might not have been maxed out, but she was close. I'm now burdened with all this secondary "love" dialogue from all my other NPCs, which is quite annoying.

Side note: Now that I've "romanced" Morrigan, the Chantry girl isn't as friendly with me.... I didn't have a problem with Morrigan even after my time with Zevran (yep, that's right hot half-elf / man action ftw) So, I thought it was on for the multi-romance playthrough.

Will I have to load a previous save or can I piss Morrigan off enough to get in good with the church lady?

I guess if worse comes to worse, I have to do a female character anyway to snag the Templar. I guess I could give her a go then; I just wanted to be as thorough as I could the first go round.

INCANTATI0N
11-09-2009, 07:55 PM
I can't get Zevron to give me the option to sleep with him...I tried breaking Alistars heart and it did no good. He will flirt in conversation but that is all I can get...suggestions? I tried reloading the save from right after I got him but still nothing. I know I can get it later when I play through as a guy just wondering if there was something I can do now? To be honest I was going to reload my save from before I did, I am a one guy kinda girl ;) but I want the achievement lol.

Tieg
11-09-2009, 07:55 PM
Dude....edit your title.

guthmund
11-09-2009, 08:34 PM
I can't get Zevron to give me the option to sleep with him...I tried breaking Alistars heart and it did no good. He will flirt in conversation but that is all I can get...suggestions? I tried reloading the save from right after I got him but still nothing. I know I can get it later when I play through as a guy just wondering if there was something I can do now? To be honest I was going to reload my save from before I did, I am a one guy kinda girl ;) but I want the achievement lol.

Well...I've only romanced him as a fellow, but I guess I can share some methodology.

I brought him a pair of Dalish gloves (they seem to remind him of his mother) and a pair of fancy boots (he seems to enjoy the fine footwear). I then plied him with compliments about how handsome and fantastic he is along with the occasional interjection of how I might be up for some man-love, which I don't think applies to your problem, but I felt worth mentioning.

Sm1ttySm1t
11-09-2009, 08:42 PM
My issue is Leliana...I've got her maxed, had discussions with her about "using her feminine charms on me" and still NOTHING...Prude.

sh0ckwave
11-09-2009, 09:12 PM
I kissed Leliana and then nothing no other dialogue. She even sang me a nice song and she didn't put out....that tease.

Murrots
11-10-2009, 12:02 AM
here is how you get leliana's quest. You have to have certain conversations with her before you'll be able to do her personal quest. Make sure your approval is 25+ (warm).At camp, ask her "What would someone like you be doing in a chantry?" She will bring up being a minstrel. Leave camp and return again. Talk about minstrels beings spies. Leave camp again and return again. She will automatically approach you and talk about her past. When you leave camp next you will be waylaid on your journey and must defend yourself. Near the end of combat, a cut scene will interrupt and Leliana will give you her personal quest, which will be in Denerim. Do said quest. Tada! Done.

jumpin jonny
11-10-2009, 12:31 AM
to romance leilana its important that you do her side quest first before chatting her up. If you charm her and then kiss her it will not open up the isnt bards spy's dialogue and wont open the sidequest.

if its too late, never fear break up with her gently so she dosnt leave and then open up sidequest, do sidequest and start chatting her up and again and shes all yours

Undrtaker
11-10-2009, 02:08 PM
Morrigan only likes men. Don’t even try to court her if you’re
female. Begin by asking her questions about her upbringing
and her powers. To make her friendly when she’s ready, talk to
her in camp and she’ll say, “Tis a curious thing. I do not know
how to describe it.” She’ll only say this line once, so make sure
to say the right things. Choose:
• “What? Is something wrong?”
• “Why would I do that?”
• “Because I need you here.”
• “I was hoping to be more than friends.”

To take it further and get romance started, start a conversation
in camp after getting the Circle Tower grimoire and she
will say, “I have a thought.” Respond with:
• “Oh? What’s on your mind?”
• “And? What’s in it for me?”
• “My tent does get rather cold...”
After killing Flemeth and returning to Morrigan, she’ll
talk to you after you give her Flemeth’s Grimoire. During the
conversation say:
• “Flemeth is dead, you are free.”
• “Yes, but I intend to keep it for myself.”
• “What? That’s it? Just a thank you?”
• “What was that last bit again?”

To get Morrigan to invite you back to her tent, you have to
be at care approval rating (50+ approval and romance active).
Morrigan will not sleep with you if she’s in love with you (90+
approval). She’s into flings, and it only happens once.

Undrtaker
11-10-2009, 02:09 PM
Leliana may be difficult to start a relationship with; however, she
will with either a male or a female (male is easier). If you are male,
when you talk to Leliana initially about her time in the cloister,
you just have to talk to her in camp. You don’t even have to be at
warm. Follow these dialogue choices:
• “I’d like to talk.”
• “What was someone like you doing in Lothering’s Chantry?”
• “You know, a beautiful charming woman like yourself.”
• “Those initiates can’t have been more lovely than you.”
• Romance will be started.

If your approval is 50+ with Leliana and you are female, you
can talk to her in camp she’ll say (only once), “I...have I ever told
you I really like the way you wear your hair?” Respond with the
following dialogue choices:
• “My hair? Thank-you.”
• “Dear Maker!”
• “Well we are friends aren’t we?”
• “And do you enjoy the company of other women?”
• “I think I might giggle and maybe look coy?”

If you finish the Marjolaine personal quest, talk to Leliana.
She’ll say something like, “I know that look—you have
something on your mind don’t you?” Respond with the following
dialogue choices:
• “We need to talk.”
• “Are you feeling better?”
• “Er, I think I see what you mean.”
• “She was special to you wasn’t she?”
• “I’m sorry it ended so badly.”
• “Everyone changes unfortunately.”
• “I can only hope to one day be as special as she was to you.”

If you’re looking to seduce Leliana, you have to be in a romance
with her and she has to be in love with you, which means you
have to have your approval at 100. Talk to her in camp. If she gives
you the line, “It has been some time since I left Lothering. When
I stepped out of the cloister I had no idea where my path would
lead.” Keep being nice and eventually she’ll invite you to her tent.
This only happens once.

ViRaLuNdEaD
11-10-2009, 04:13 PM
Can anyone confirm that romancing someone and then reloading a save will still count them toward Hopelessly Romantic? Just curious, because it mentions it in one of the guides threads.

Murrots
11-10-2009, 10:17 PM
is there anything special you have to do to get the achv for alistar?

SupremeRapier
11-10-2009, 11:56 PM
Can anyone confirm that romancing someone and then reloading a save will still count them toward Hopelessly Romantic? Just curious, because it mentions it in one of the guides threads.
it will count, once you get the cutscene and achievement you have it for good

The GunOfTheWest
11-11-2009, 12:11 AM
What was the original thread title?