PDA

View Full Version : Considering buying this game.

wh1tel1ght
11-09-2009, 05:54 AM
i just have a few basic questions about the gameplay. from what ive seen in footage that actually shows gameplay, it kinda looks like KoToR meets mass effect but set in a oblivion-esque setting. id just like to know your guys opinions on the gameplay. any help is appreciated.

P.S.- the only reason i made this thread is cause videos of two worlds conviced me to buy it....... enough said. so i want to make sure this time 'round.

HeartbreakRidge
11-09-2009, 06:02 AM
P.S.- the only reason i made this thread is cause videos of two worlds conviced me to buy it....... enough said. so i want to make sure this time 'round.

Two Worlds had some of the most painful voice acting ever, and DAO has some of the BEST voice acting of any game I've listened to. Plus, having your party members banter and bicker is a treat!

StolenPaper18
11-09-2009, 06:10 AM
IMO, the game is great. Tons of fun and hours upon hours of gameplay. The only thing I would say is make sure you like this kind of game. It is about 50% dialogue, 35% combat, and 15% exploring/traveling/running (whatever you want to call it). Those percentages are completely made up by me, of course. Lots of talking but it really is a great story line so I don't mind it.

wh1tel1ght
11-09-2009, 06:13 AM
well i love games like mass effect (dialogue-wise) and the half realtime half pause n plan gameplay, much like what made KoToR 1 & 2 so great IMO. another question since i have a few peoples attention, is there alot of micromanagement? and do you use skill points? if so, are you able to respec? thanks in advance.

StolenPaper18
11-09-2009, 06:21 AM
well i love games like mass effect (dialogue-wise) and the half realtime half pause n plan gameplay, much like what made KoToR 1 & 2 so great IMO. another question since i have a few peoples attention, is there alot of micromanagement? and do you use skill points? if so, are you able to respec? thanks in advance.

Yes you do use skill points. I don't think you can respec, at least not to my knowledge. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong, anyone.

wh1tel1ght
11-09-2009, 06:28 AM
thanks alot for your help you guys. ill probably pick this up after pull myself away from my gaming marathon thats gonna start at the moment i pop in Mw2. thanks again for your quick responses. :D

Nathan LS27
11-09-2009, 03:10 PM
Yeah i say definite purchase, if youre a graphics freak it may not be for you but if you like epic fantasy settings and storytelling you'll be hard pushed to find a better game on 360 (along with mass effect!)

billy reubin
11-09-2009, 03:43 PM
Wow, can't believe I let this game go over my head. Would you say it is as good as\better than Bioware's other RPGs. I couldn't get enough of Baldur's Gate or Planescape Torment.

Tem0n
11-09-2009, 06:29 PM
I agree this is one of the best RPG's to date on 360. My only real dislike is the AI for you companions leaves a lot to be desired, I find they get them selves killed about 75% of all tough battles. I have tried to edit their tactics but have had no success as of yet. I am sure this issue is mostly due to my inexperience in the game and will improve as i play more (at least i hope!).