PDA

View Full Version : why does this game even have an auto save...

RoyallFreshness
11-09-2009, 11:07 AM
i mean seriously, it tricks into feeling like you dont have to manual save every ten min. but you hit a battle on travels, die, and load most recent save to find it was an hour ago. it should do it every time you access the map, like i thought it did from the start.:confused:

Darth Odan
11-09-2009, 11:23 AM
I quickly learned in the Dream World of Sloth to save every ten minutes or so...

Ionus
11-09-2009, 11:38 AM
Yes, this auto save (or lack of one) really does trick you... It has burned me more than once, and then end up redoing about an hour worth of play... :(

Oh well, learn to save after every quest, major battle, long conversation. etc.. or learn to like them again :)

Vile Denial
11-09-2009, 12:47 PM
Yeah, I just got hit by that last night. Presumed it saved when I changed area.

Thankfully only lost 20mins or so.

ponypo2001
11-09-2009, 03:00 PM
I'm working off 20 saves right now and wlll always do this for any RPG.It's standard fare for me as these types of games are famous for giving you no way back scenerios.Only last night,having so many saves helped me get the Morrigan romance achievement when it looked like I was not able to get it.

However,each save with DA is 17MB for some strange reason so probably better to rotate between 3-4 to save some space (my HD is starting to wince).

Dude Rain
11-09-2009, 03:25 PM
The only real benefit of the autosave feature in this game is that it will save right before boss battles for you, which is nice if you didn't see it coming.

Outside of that. Manual save and do it regularly.

angel28783
11-09-2009, 09:34 PM
Don't know, but it lost me 2 hours of gameplay last night! Won't make that mistake again.......

WeisGuy9
11-09-2009, 09:49 PM
I play a lot of RPGs, so it has just become habit for me to save manually and often, and rotate 3 to 5 saves.

Ionus
11-09-2009, 10:42 PM
I play a lot of RPGs, so it has just become habit for me to save manually and often, and rotate 3 to 5 saves.

Yeah... true. But I have not played an 'old' style RPG for a while now, so am not use to saving every 15mins. I am use to 'new' style games like Fallout 3, Borderlands etc... that actually do have autosave that does what it is designed to do... :p

Just kinda hoped we had moved past this 'manual' save thing by now... :)

The Cripplers
11-10-2009, 07:04 AM
I save a lot as well. The auto save is rather weird in this game. Sometimes is saves for no reason at all. When I entered a building and then left right away.
I had to redo a few battles at the end because I died and it hadn't autosaved when I entered the new area.

The GunOfTheWest
11-10-2009, 05:23 PM
I'm just about to buy this. Is there any way to turn off auto save?

I play lots of RPGs and i'd prefer to do everything manually.

pandaadam
11-10-2009, 09:21 PM
I found out that the auto-save was rather random when I started playing and it only popped the auto-save icon when I was entering either a major story event or a major battle.

Its more of a "save before you have a 'good' chance of dieing" save than an autosave.